NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

That Kool-Aid tastes good going down but it burns like the clap when you have to piss it out later...
We've lost a major player, and I no longer see us going 13-3 obviously.

Brooks Reed and the rest of that D-line is just gonna have to pick it up.
  • Trey
  • 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM
My kool-aid is running low. Hope they can come up with a new flavor soon as this ones watered down. Not so tasty.
  • Satin
  • 10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Geez guys...are you serious? Every time we hit a speed bump and lose a close game...you boys ready to fold up the tent huh? Wow, true "fans"...,

I'm not as big on Mario as everyone else. For a number one pick, he hasn't been spectacular. Yea I know what he brings but I'm not crying over him...

Since the division is not as strong as it used to be, we can still win it with a shitty record...

I fucking love Mango Kool-aid...it taste great....
Geez guys...are you serious? Every time we hit a speed bump and lose a close game...you boys ready to fold up the tent huh? Wow, true "fans"..., Originally Posted by Satin
I actually feel ya on that one playa...

Kool-aid or no Kool-aid...if the Texans can't win the AFC South this year something is REALLY wrong
  • Trey
  • 10-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I can't lie I do go up and down on the team easy but I always still hope for them to do something great. It is our home team. And I said I'm running low on the kool-aid not out, maybe I will try that mango. We still got a good chance I think we lose next week but I don't think it will be as good a game, as this one we lose bad. Then I think we make a comeback.
  • Satin
  • 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
That's the Spirit Trey..lol. In all seriousness, I know what you mean man...this team has been breaking our hearts for years...going back to the fucking Earl Campbell luv-U-blue days. ( fucking Steelers)

So it's easy to get jaded. We haven't won shit yet while the Steelers and Cowgirls have 9 rings between them. But it's our city and our team and if we don't respect and support them, who will?

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now....the Ravens ain't shit....they got beat by the Titans already so tell Ray-Ray my boy Foster coming for his ass....

Texans...14
Ravens...10....
Cuz were the Houston Oilers...Houston Oilers...Houston Oilers #1

...btw, I think that's 11 SB's. Both teams have been in 8. Cowboys are 5-3, Steelers are 6-2. I could be wrong though, I'm drunk off my ass right now
Geez guys...are you serious? Every time we hit a speed bump and lose a close game...you boys ready to fold up the tent huh? Wow, true "fans"...,

I'm not as big on Mario as everyone else. For a number one pick, he hasn't been spectacular. Yea I know what he brings but I'm not crying over him... Originally Posted by Satin
I'm personally not crying, player. But Brooks Reed can come in and play GREAT, and it will still be a drop off from what we've been getting. We've lost our most talented guy on defense, and our most talented guy on offense for at least a week or so.

It's a rough stretch, no doubt, but I don't think anyone is ready to jump the ship. Shit happens, play on #GoTexans
I've been a fan since inception...but I'm not going to kid myself anymore that we're anything but an 8-8 team...

I quit hoping for more...I quit the "maybe next year" schtick...they are what they are, and I'm not going to claim they're anything else...I'll just let them surprise me...
At least the Cards are kicking ASS tonight...
I've been a fan since inception...but I'm not going to kid myself anymore that we're anything but an 8-8 team...

I quit hoping for more...I quit the "maybe next year" schtick...they are what they are, and I'm not going to claim they're anything else...I'll just let them surprise me... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
There was never really any reason for Texans fans to be excited in previous years, sure they started off hot a couple of times, but it was all a fluke with the exception of the 09 season, that was actually a playoff caliber team(all be it, a shitty playoff caliber team, but a playoff team nonetheless) nevertheless, there is no way this is an 8 win team with the schedule we have this year, not to mention how horrible the division is. Not to mention the Coaching changes on defense and all the new talent we acquired, our offense has been pretty decent for a few years now, and we have one of the best in the game at WR. I'd pick this Houston team to win the division even if Manning and Gurrard were still playing. I believe Football outsiders and The Machine also picked them to win before the Manning injury happened as well. This aint you same old Texans squad, even without Super Mario.

I myself, have never picked the Texans to win the division nor make the post season in the Matt Schaub era, this is the first year I've done so, and I have no reason to believe why this will not hold true.

I'm also a big time Mavs fan, and I totally see similarities between them and the Texans this year. No one ever really expected them to do anything last season, including the majority of our own fans, this feels like a very familiar predicament to me.

Just let it play out. We're 3-2 after 5 games, had we had a couple of inches go our way, we could have realistically been 5-0 right now. #NotDelusionalJustConfident.
  • Satin
  • 10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Well I disagree Mario is the best defensive player. He's the most popular because of his size and because he was a #1 pick, but not the best. That distinction goes to the Captain of the defense...DeMeco Ryans. He was one of the main reasons the defense fell apart last year. He went down and the defense went to shit.

So now we get Mason. He might be a good short term solution with Andre out. I'm getting sick of Jacobi Jones. They should not have given that knucklehead that big contract. 11 balls thrown to him with one completion. You can bet if Andre was playing, he would have surely gotten free for that TD on the last play of the game.

I also hate to see Casey out. Now we start Lawrence "butterfingers" Vickers. Great....
I actually think DeMeco is our most important defensive player, I think last year proves it; but I wouldn't say he's the most talented or best, but he is our QB on defense. I think Joseph or Williams are our most talented guys we have, as the offenses' on the other teams account for them more than anyone else on our squad. But regardless, this me just going out on a limb here, but I think JJ Watt will be our best guy on defense at some point in the near future. He's a big, big boy, and I can see him causing chaos for many years to come.

It's hard to disagree with you on Jones. I think the thing is, if he went on to another team, and had success, we would feel really dumb for letting him go. But yeah, he's been pretty sorry so far as WR this year, although he's been pretty decent at Punt Returns. But now we're bringing in TRINDON HOLLIDAY, so that's less work Jones has to do, hopefully he can get his shit together, and it would help if Schaub threw him some better passes, that aint number 80 he's throwing to.

Casey being out sucks, but at least he'll be back at some point unlike Mario, but I like Vickers, yeah he can't catch, but that's not what most fullbacks do, he's a smash-mouth guy, I'm looking forward to see how physical he get going up against the most physical defense in the league this year.
  • Satin
  • 10-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Well now I gotta agree with 99% of what you said. You might be more accurate in saying DeMeco is our "most important" defensive player. I just don't wanna see Kareem Jackson anymore, although Jason Allen is not a stud either...

Yea Vickers might come in handy this week, just don't throw to him....

Your assessment of JJ Watt is right on. If he doesn't get hurt, this guy is gonna be a beast.