For people who still believe the 2020 election was legit.

That’s what defending a position is. If physical barriers aren’t allowed, what other option is there? Both would be best, just like your own home. If someone makes it past the gate, the dogs, and the security system, they’ve put themselves on the wrong end of a 12 gauge. The homeowner isn’t to blame when the invader ends up full of holes.
I hear you and your need to protect extreme measures to protect you and yours instead of finding common ground in most scenarios. Where is the intersection of freedom and security when it comes to voting?

What can you stomach and abide by that gets you security while still promoting freedom and access?

When it is and acceptable to kill folks isn't grounds for accepting or dismissing the actual on-topic discussion of election security and the freedom and right to vote.
Having to use a state ID in no way hurts anyone's freedom nor is it a plausible argument to suggest this is a restriction on minorities, in fact its racist to suggest it.
There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in the Constitution that requires a state ID to vote. A lot of folks who have lived their entire lives in large cities don't have a state ID, because they've never needed one.

Republicans simply don't want a large voter turnout, because they know statistically the odds are not in their favor in that case. Republicans can only win by suppressing the vote. It's simple math, really.
Having to use a state ID in no way hurts anyone's freedom nor is it a plausible argument to suggest this is a restriction on minorities, in fact its racist to suggest it. Originally Posted by chizzy
Are you willing to accept the same information that would be required to get a state ID in lieu of a state ID and allow some time for my ballot to be cured?

Is the need to establish identity for validation against the registered voter rolls? Or it is to establish citizenship when I show up at the polls?

Do you feel it's imperative that we know the results in one night?
There is nothing, and I mean nothing, in the Constitution that requires a state ID to vote. A lot of folks who have lived their entire lives in large cities don't have a state ID, because they've never needed one.

Republicans simply don't want a large voter turnout, because they know statistically the odds are not in their favor in that case. Republicans can only win by suppressing the vote. It's simple math, really. Originally Posted by tommy156
Bullshit. People can’t maintain a normal life without an id, unless they live in a cave and are hunter-gatherers. How do all these people in big cities get an apartment? Drive? Have a checking account? Get on a plane? Do the million other things in life that require it?

If you don’t want secure elections, man up and own it instead of making excuses.

Republicans simply don't want a large voter turnout, because they know statistically the odds are not in their favor in that case. Republicans can only win by suppressing the vote. It's simple math, really. Originally Posted by tommy156
tommy, thats pure bullshit and you know it. an id is needed for food stamps or any goverment assistance, for medical and virtually anything in their lives

and the bulshit about the constitution means crap, voting laws require you to be a us citizen, of certain age and so on.

democrats want to flood the system for their own gain and the hell with verifying if the person is eligible or not. why do you think the libs wanted to lower the age for voting?
Federal voting laws only apply to federal elections.

States and local laws apply to state and local elections. We mix the two for convenience and because we know that many state and local jurisdictions do permit non-citizen voting provided that you're a resident.

That doesn't mean those non-citizens who get a ballot get a ballot to vote for federal elections or that their vote would be counted if they did.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater chasing exceptions and work on a solid foundation.
Are you willing to accept the same information that would be required to get a state ID in lieu of a state ID and allow some time for my ballot to be cured? Originally Posted by HDGristle
Nope. “Cured” should be found nowhere in election vernacular.

Is the need to establish identity for validation against the registered voter rolls? Or it is to establish citizenship when I show up at the polls?
Both. I think that’s one sentence separated by a comma but there were hot, highly distracting girls in English class so I could be wrong.

Do you feel it's imperative that we know the results in one night?
2 hours. With today’s technology there’s no excuse for an inability to quickly tabulate votes and securely transfer the results.
Too bad. Cured is part of the accepted vernacular and law.

Citizenship should already have been established during registration. And it's very, very uncommon for citizenship to be abandoned. So that validation for that would be pretty simple.

As for your 2 hrs option. Ok, we'll handle all elections now via Survey Monkey. Will you permit legal challenges?

A lot of what you're proposing feels a lot like a Russian-backed vote in annexed territories.
Citizenship should already have been established during registration. And it's very, very uncommon for citizenship to be abandoned. So that validation for that would be pretty simple.

As for your 2 hrs option. Ok, we'll handle all elections now via Survey Monkey Originally Posted by HDGristle
How the hell hard can it be? Have the votes tabulated as they’re cast, the results should be available 30 seconds after the polling place locks its door.
How much money do you want to throw at this?
How much money do you want to throw at this? Originally Posted by HDGristle
I’ll match yours. With paper money. Not Silver.
Nope. “Cured” should be found nowhere in election vernacular.

Both. I think that’s one sentence separated by a comma but there were hot, highly distracting girls in English class so I could be wrong.

2 hours. With today’s technology there’s no excuse for an inability to quickly tabulate votes and securely transfer the results. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Eliminate all electronic / mail in voting
Require paper ballots hand marked
May need more than 2 hours to count them but can easily be done in 4 hours.

If other countries can do this, there is no reason the US can't other than the fact the crazy ass leftists know it will limit their ability to cheat
Eliminate all electronic / mail in voting
Require paper ballots hand marked
May need more than 2 hours to count them but can easily be done in 4 hours.

If other countries can do this, there is no reason the US can't other than the fact the crazy ass leftists know it will limit their ability to cheat Originally Posted by berryberry
Keep crying and suggesting the same bullshit. Nothing wrong with mail-in ballots. States started doing it since the 70s. No complaints until bitch-ass lying piece of shit tRump whined about mail-in ballots with zero proof there was massive fraud. His bitch-ass was trying to steal the election.

And having all paper ballots is another bullshit whining complaint. We have technology is place for electronic ballots. Again, just whining bitch-ass maga assholes that can't accept the fact that they are just pieces of shit and can't get enough people to vote for there hate, racism, homopobic, and white supremist views.