Osama Bin Laden I'd dead!!!

Some of you guys are funny.

They build a mock-up when they know they're going on a mission. It doesn't matter who they're going after. The relative 'trouble' of building a mock-up is like the cost of buying condoms for a session with one of your favorite providers.

I tend to believe that it was a kill mission too, but I won't state it like I know it because I don't, and neither does anyone else. I do think it was the right way to go for this piece of shit, even if Michael Moore disagrees. We need to see more of this stuff, not less. When dictators are evil, send in the Seals to pop them, don't send in the army like the little shit-for-brains bush did. Oh wait, I forgot, Bush didn't make that call, Cheney and Rex Tillerson did. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
And they go on a mission when they know who the target is.

Send the Seals into Iraq to get Hussein? That's a meatgrinder. There's a difference between killing a guy surrounded by his wives and children and a guy surrounded by a company of (supposedly) elite guards. We also had to knock out the Ba'ath party power base or else one of his sons would have taken over. Cruise missiles and air power haven't taken a regime out yet.
I believe that is illegal, but if declare war on a country it is not

Is it possible with all the unrest and over throws in the middle east is do to the fact that Iraq is a democracy because of GW? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Yes, it's illegal, just like Obama's hit on OBL. I think we should change our laws (with a new set of checks and balances) so we can take out the douche bags without going to war. It's a different world out there now and we need to adapt or suffer the consequences.

No, the unrest and overthrows are not the result of GWB policies and actions, in my opinion. GWB was and is hated outside of America (and to a large degree within America). GWB was like a stick poking multiple hornets nests. Remember the shoe incident (I loved that)?

The recent unrest and overthrows are due to Internet-enabled awareness (again, in my opinion). If people become informed and think for themselves, it's much harder to maintain oppression. That's why extremist Muslim, Jewish, and Christian religions have deprived women of equal rights to education over the centuries. The Internet is making that more difficult.
...Cruise missiles and air power haven't taken a regime out yet. Originally Posted by gnadfly
You're not paying attention. The Egyptian regime was taken out by Internet video, Facebook, and Twitter. Just watch, even the hardcore regime in Libya is going to be changed out without American boots on the ground.

Is the CIA (and their counterparts) manipulating things behind the scenes to lead to the right outcome? I'd like to think so.
the long and the short of it
Osama Bin Laden is still valiantly holding on in his fight to remain dead.
Osama Bin Laden is still valiantly holding on in his fight to remain dead. Originally Posted by matchingmole
Generalissimo Francisco Franco has been quite successful for going on thirty-six years now. Maybe he and Adolf can offer some hints from the little pleasure pit they're in.
Having spent a career in the Navy, I can assure you civilians that sailors do not piss off the fantail or any other part of a U. S. ship. Not that they would not like to piss on his grave. The country would have been better served to keep the whole operation secret. The Islamic assholes would know he was gone but would not know if he was alive or dead. They would have no idea what kind of intelligence we were getting from him or the stuff the SEALs took out with them. The news media broadcasts the intelligence every day. Obama is still spiking the ball.
Or maybe its disinformation and he is aboard a floating jail cell . . .
Pyramid,

Not likely. President Obama always considers politics before he does anything. Osama is dead and that is a good thing.