Which QB should the Texans Draft with the 1st Pick

• ness
  • 01-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Jstone who are you refering to?
The dude from Pennsylvania that claim he knows so much about the texans an what they going to do in the draft
They are gonna trade there #1 pick to Cleveland for their 4th, 26th, and 36th picks. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Why would Cleveland do that? They can get what they need by staying right where they are. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Is this the same Cleveland team that traded their franchise RB during the season which everyone scratched their heads over? Then unceremoniously fired their HC after one season?

I'm not disagreeing with you BL, but you keep making these arguments that its possible and that there's multiple precedents. The Texans only needs one GM that has extra draft picks and a hard on for a player.
Cleveland needs some excitement it dead up there
They are not going very far next year anyway. It is time to rebuild.. Originally Posted by rhyme
Hold onto this tidbit of hope: with a new coach the Chiefs went from a 2-14 season in 2012 to making the playoffs (even though they did a mega-choke in that game). Good things are possible is all I am saying!
Is this the same Cleveland team that traded their franchise RB during the season which everyone scratched their heads over? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Their franchise RB is a total DUD. Everyone is saying that Cleveland was the winner in that trade. Watch the Colts release him.
Their franchise RB is a total DUD. Everyone is saying that Cleveland was the winner in that trade. Watch the Colts release him. Originally Posted by BigLouie
It's also been reported that the Browns owner loves Manziel, Chudzinski did not. It's one of the reasons he got fired. I would not be suprised if Cleveland trades up for Manziel. And I agree that Richardson was a bust. So your kinda making my point. Indy traded their #1 pick for a bum. Teams do stupid things to get their guy. I wouldn't be suprised if the Texans traded for Mallet either. That rumor is picking up steam.
The dude from Pennsylvania that claim he knows so much about the texans an what they going to do in the draft Originally Posted by jstone420
I'm just guessing like everyone else. But I know more about what's going on than you, like what type of offense that Penn State ran last year. You'll get to see the expanded version this year.
In the Chron they were talking about how Bob McNair will be working with team execs, the GM and BOB in deciding who to draft #1. Oh god no please. McNair is Jerry Jonesing the hell out of this franchise. He knows NOTHING about selecting players in the draft. He should stay out of the room entirely.
Their franchise RB is a total DUD. Everyone is saying that Cleveland was the winner in that trade. Watch the Colts release him. Originally Posted by BigLouie
You are not getting it. They drafted him with a first round pick. The Browns can be fooled. Apparently, according to you, the Colts can be fooled too.
If only there was a loophole for Winston to enter the draft.... All questions would be answered.
If only there was a loophole for Winston to enter the draft.... All questions would be answered. Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Big Louie can't understand that stupid trades are made all the time. Trading they're #1 pick for Richardson after watching him play in the NFL is amazing. How dumb can you be. The Skins trade for RG3 was pretty dumb too.
It's been a while since I weighed in but I think the Texans need to approach the draft like they are drafting immediate starters. I voted trade down and still agree with my vote. I doubt that there will be many takers to trade down and I also think that Ricky and Bob will fall in love with someone mediocre to take #1.

They also don't have the money to buy any free agents to plug in because of all of the money that they have locked up in Foster, Brown, Joseph and Schlub. On top of that Andre has deferred so much salary that his cap hit will be huge the next couple of years with guaranteed money. Also, Oakland has some similar positions to fill and has $70 million to spend on free agency. The Raiders have never been shy to buy anybody out there that they could afford. I expect that Antonio Smith, Ben Tate & Joe Mays will be on different teams next year. Cutting Schaub would not free up too much $$ since he has a remaining $15 million + guaranteed on his current contract so like it or not he will probably be in a Texans uniform next year (I don't really like it!). I also wouldn't be surprised to see Owen Daniels, Brooks Reed, and Shane Lechler cut to free up some money.

Back to the draft though. I think they should try to stack up some picks in the early rounds (by trading out of #1 if they can find a partner) and take players that have good chances of starting and making an immediate impact. If they shore up both lines, they could have an outside chance of having a decent season even with Case or (I can't believe that I am about to say this) Schaub at the helm. I don't say this thinking that either Schaub or Case is the long term answer for the team but with nobody really jumping off the page at QB from my point of view in the college ranks, it seems like they have to make do with what they have to some extent. I also think that some of Schaub's biggest problems were caused by getting shitty coaching from Pubes. Under Kubiak's guidance, Schaub plays like he's scared of fucking up rather than stretching a defense and going down the field. Maybe a new coach will help that.

Regardless of the above, I am worried about next season. I have a feeling that we will be a 5 win team at best. That sucks for people like JJ and Andre who have performed well and deserve better than the crappy Ownership, Coaching and Play that this team currently has.

P.S. I may be off my rocker on all of this so I want to add this disclaimer: My fingers are bleeding because I just typed that I might be advocating for Schaub to start next year. May Tebow have mercy on my soul...
I see a few players getting release once the super bowl over
Take Jake Matthews with first round pick to help solidify the Offensive Line then take this young man in second round .

Jimmy Garropolo

http://www.seniorbowl.com/player-vie...10&squad=South