Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=5BBhNkywMJY#!

I thought this link would be perfect for this thread. I don't watch Parks and Rec, but apparently there's going to be a scene this week where comedian Patton Oswalt is trying to filibuster some city council vote. They just told Patton to go off the top of his head and keep talking. What followed was an almost 9 minute improvisation on what Star Wars Episode VII should be when it comes out.

Enjoy!
That is the coolest that that character ever looked. ( orko)

As far as movie ships that are cool
I will take Flash Gordon on that hover sled thing

A guess on H. Maybe hornet? Originally Posted by trey
Attached Images File Type: jpg MingandGordon.jpg (59.9 KB, 81 views)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=5BBhNkywMJY#!

I thought this link would be perfect for this thread. I don't watch Parks and Rec, but apparently there's going to be a scene this week where comedian Patton Oswalt is trying to filibuster some city council vote. They just told Patton to go off the top of his head and keep talking. What followed was an almost 9 minute improvisation on what Star Wars Episode VII should be when it comes out.

Enjoy! Originally Posted by yardbird74
Rofl! Star Wars vs Marvel vs Clash of the Titans!

Also, the X-men don't have a quinjet (that's the Avengers), they have a Blackbird!
Don't forget, people. Iron Man 3 opens this weekend! (Although I still reserve the right to grumble about them whitewashing the Mandarin)
I'm there, dude
  • klutz
  • 04-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone watch that new SyFy show "Defiance"?

Had high hopes.... which I had to drown with beer as the pilot clearly wasnt meeting even the lowest of expectations...
Anyone watch that new SyFy show "Defiance"?

Had high hopes.... which I had to drown with beer as the pilot clearly wasnt meeting even the lowest of expectations... Originally Posted by klutz
Oh Tebow, don't even get me started on SyFy's disappointing treatment of The Dresden Files.
Iron Man - who wants to take me to see it Friday night?
SyFy channel has an amazing knack for absolute drivel.
  • klutz
  • 04-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Iron Man - who wants to take me to see it Friday night? Originally Posted by theCFE
I suppose I could be convinced.... =P

Oh, and to the point of the initial post.... Long Swords I thought were always the best because of the d12 knockdown and bc of the d12 vs large creatures... assuming you played with those rules back in 2nd Edition....
Not for my Halfling Rogue...rapiers using Dex modifier FTW...
Oh Tebow, don't even get me started on SyFy's disappointing treatment of The Dresden Files.
Iron Man - who wants to take me to see it Friday night? Originally Posted by theCFE
I really wanted to like the Dresden Files TV show, but eventually gave up on it.

Speaking of Dresden, this was the April on the calendar the wifey gave me:

Also, someone kick LV's ass and make her read Side Jobs, Ghost Story, and Cold Days, so I have someone to talk to about them!

I suppose I could be convinced.... =P

Oh, and to the point of the initial post.... Long Swords I thought were always the best because of the d12 knockdown and bc of the d12 vs large creatures... assuming you played with those rules back in 2nd Edition.... Originally Posted by klutz
In AD&D 2E, the Long Sword was the best average weapon because it had the highest average damage for it's weapon speed. Plus, a lot of the best magic swords (Holy Avengers, your Vorpal weapons) tended to be Long Swords. Later on, the katana actually came out to be a flat out superior Long Sword and there was actually this weird American Indian weapon that was also just a better Long Sword.

Even in 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder/4E, the Long Sword still continues to be the standard in 1-handed melee weapons as your 1d8 (19-20/x2 crit) weapon.

Without having to take an Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, if you're playing a sword and board melee guy, you can't really beat the Long Sword as an overall best weapon.

Not for my Halfling Rogue...rapiers using Dex modifier FTW... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
What, no Drow ranger dual wielding scimitars?

Weapon Finesse was overrated, imo. Just crank the shit out of Str and get both +Attack and +Damage.
Anyone watch that new SyFy show "Defiance"? Originally Posted by klutz
I've never had much like with syfy shows, which is too damn bad because I'm a big scifi fan
Both of these networks were better with the OG logo, content wise.

I never watched many SciFi/SyFy shows anyways (other than stuff like Dune/Children of Dune or BSG) so I can't really give an accurate opinion on before/after.

Cartoon Network still seems to have a lot of good stuff even after the name change. Thundercats, Young Justice, Adventure Time, etc. are all really good.

Old Cartoon Network had some garbage shows too like Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Fuck that show.
  • klutz
  • 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM
CFE just disable her account? lol