Knowing what we know now, would Obama and Hillary have still abandoned Iraq like they did?

• WTF
  • 05-24-2015, 11:52 AM
You do? ............. "Withdrawal"??????

50,000+/- dead? Returning servicemembers spit on and trashed in the media.

"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Is that Obama's fault?

Nothing you posted is relevant to the ignorant point lustylad was trying to make and I had refuted.

Vietnam is one of our trading partners now....had we known then what we know now, maybe those 58k service members would not have lost their lives over there.

Just like the 4k plus would not have lost their lives in Iraq had some of you known now what some of us knew back in 2003. That Bush admin appeared to be making a rush to judgment at the very least.
You're still too young to realize that one doesn't declare victory on the internet. Originally Posted by LexusLover
LLIdiot, perhaps you should quit while you're still wayyyyyy behind!
I do remember our withdrawal in Vietnam. ..that didn't turn out so bad now did it? Originally Posted by WTF
they don't teach history any more in school, and he should read up on his History of Vietnam I would be willing to bet the people of S Vietnam didn't think it turned out so well Originally Posted by gary5912
You do? ............. "Withdrawal"??????

50,000+/- dead? Returning servicemembers spit on and trashed in the media.

Then there is the ....

The "common denominator"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Is that Obama's fault? Originally Posted by WTF
No. It was Eisenhower's "fault" with a little help from Kennedy and a lot fro LBJ ... with a Nixon finish. Did you whine about it then?

Or did you ask everyone to "hold on" until we start trading with them, again.

I'm sure BigTits opposed the war in S.E. Asia. John Kerry did. Also Jane Fonda.
LLIdiot, perhaps you should quit while you're still wayyyyyy behind! Originally Posted by bigtex
You declaring victory also? No wonder you can't get out of the First Grade.

Quit what, BTW? Posting on Eccie?

As a quail you wouldn't make it through the first week of your first season.
  • WTF
  • 05-24-2015, 12:17 PM
No. It was Eisenhower's "fault" with a little help from Kennedy and a lot fro LBJ ... with a Nixon finish. Did you whine about it then? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I was around for the withdrawal , not the start.

But in 2003 I posted what a fuck up this could be. One, if Saddam had WMD's , massing troops on his border was a huge mistake. Two, if he didn't have WMD's...we wind up right here where we are. Where every GOP contender refutes the invasion. Says it was a bad idea. Only a few fuckers that post in this forum seem to still think it a good idea!

Or did you ask everyone to "hold on" until we start trading with them, again.

. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Once again you missed the point. Our government acted as if war was essential. Time has proven that inaccurate. Thus we are trading with them. We visit their country as tourist.....
  • DSK
  • 05-24-2015, 12:25 PM

But in 2003 I posted what a fuck up this could be. Originally Posted by WTF
"Could be" is not the same thing as "would be". You gave yourself too much wiggle room to crow about your prescient prognostications.
"Could be" is not the same thing as "would be". You gave yourself too much wiggle room to crow about your prescient prognostications. Originally Posted by DSK
Could be is a lot better than certitude in the other direction. And there are some who STILL refuse to admit it was a bad idea.
  • DSK
  • 05-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Could be is a lot better than certitude in the other direction. And there are some who STILL refuse to admit it was a bad idea. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Some people refuse to admit that they were wrong. I'm against projecting US military power anywhere in the world. I'm an isolationist.
"Could be" is not the same thing as "would be". You gave yourself too much wiggle room to crow about your prescient prognostications. Originally Posted by DSK
He's not the only one who gave themselves some wiggle room ...

........ PRIOR TO the actual RE-invasion in 2003.

They now claim they were opposed to it.

Depending on how the wind blows ... it is ...

"I was opposed to it, before I was for it, and I'm now opposed to it again.

Wait until the 2016 debates.
Some people refuse to admit that they were wrong. I'm against projecting US military power anywhere in the world. I'm an isolationist. Originally Posted by DSK
You and Rand Paul should bang.
He's not the only one who gave themselves some wiggle room ...

........ PRIOR TO the actual RE-invasion in 2003.

They now claim they were opposed to it.

Depending on how the wind blows ... it is ...

"I was opposed to it, before I was for it, and I'm now opposed to it again.

Wait until the 2016 debates. Originally Posted by LexusLover
What's wrong with wiggle room? You'd rather go all in and look like a fucking idiot? Oh wait, you already do that.

I was against it then, I'm against it now. Rumsfeld, wolfowitz and cheney should be tried. You crow about Clinton and his women. These men orchestrated the beginnings of a war that cost us over 4 THOUSAND lives. Not to mention Trillions of dollars once we're through paying for it. So forgive me when I tell you to go fuck yourself.

Once again you missed the point. Our government acted as if war was essential. Time has proven that inaccurate. Thus we are trading with them. We visit their country as tourist..... Originally Posted by WTF
Very few on here were "around for the start" ... since the "beginning" was immediately after the end of WWII. Ho Chi Minh was an "ally" of the "Allied" countries against Japan during WWII. When Kennedy was sworn there were roughly 8500 U.S. "advisors" in S.E. Asia ... and one carrier group running sorties on almost a daily basis when weather permitted. Kennedy was not informed until AFTER HE WAS SWORN.

No, actually I understand "the point." The Brits pulled out. The French entered, and the French asked our help with a low yield atomic bomb. LBJ was the swing "no" vote in the Senate. It bit him in the ass. He inherited the situation when Kennedy was shot. He ramped it up on an outright lie.... Gulf of Tonkin. There was no "essential war" .... one doesn't look at that history based on "the end" of the "cold war" after afterwards.

If I didn't know better I would think you are condoning the loss of 50,000 U.S. participants (military and civilian) to establish a "good" trading relationship with the Vietnamese .... I think I know better. Right?

Obaminable's decision making is now biting him in the ass, but he is kicking the can down the road to the next unlucky bastard who has to deal with it. That's how he operates. That's also how Hillarious operates. Except she's there for Hillarious. He's trying to write his history. She's in it for the money. Both are frauds.
I was against it then, I'm against it now. Rumsfeld, wolfowitz and cheney should be tried. You crow about Clinton and his women. These men orchestrated the beginnings of a war that cost us over 4 THOUSAND lives. Not to mention Trillions of dollars once we're through paying for it. So forgive me when I tell you to go fuck yourself. Originally Posted by WombRaider
The consequences of "PROHIBITED SUBJECT" have taken its toll on you.

The invasion of Kuwait began "the war"!

Clinton inherited it. Clinton kicked the can.

Bush finished it.

Obaminable inherited a "stable Iraqi government"! (Just ask Joe Biden).

And here is the "victory lap"!!!!

Obama in 2011:
"We’re Leaving Behind A Stable And Self-Reliant Iraq"
Former CIA officer and Bush's intelligence briefer, admits they misled about Iraq.

http://aattp.org/george-w-bushs-form...-to-war-video/