Steelers 2024 thread

And the Aiyuk trade talks keep getting “leaked”. Every possible scenario has been “leaked”. Keeps guys like Filliponi employed I suppose.
We need offense. Hopefully one of the scrubs step up! Austin maybe! The rookie?
Wilson looked good yesterday supposedly. Be an interesting battle but I think Tomlin will start Wilson, with a line that has no more excuses. If they don’t ball out fire the o-line coach quickly! 2 good runnings backs and tight ends. I can see a scenario where we play well.
  • Devo
  • 08-14-2024, 11:08 PM
Yes, go stealers, best coach ever!
Bwahaahaaa.

Tonight was a preview of the same old same old.

Thanks coach TOMLIN. Originally Posted by Devo
You know preseason isn't about winning or losing, right? Maybe you don't?
Tomlin did get to practice screwing up the red flag again. Why somebody hasn’t stepped in and change whatever their system of red flag yes/no is because it’s always been a failed system.
He has his strengths but man it’s gone on for years!
It’s awfully early but early returns on Offense, particularly O-line aren’t good. Not concerned yet but seeing Jones get manhandled and no room to run with the starters isn’t good.
I never like Tomlins hiring of assistants but wanna give Arthur Smith more time. Maybe it will work but let’s go!!
  • Devo
  • 08-18-2024, 01:51 PM
You know preseason isn't about winning or losing, right? Maybe you don't? Originally Posted by tommy156
I completely understand what the pre season is for, and, the 2nd game showed my exactly what the first one did.

Ineptness and incompetence.

AGAIN.
I completely understand what the pre season is for, and, the 2nd game showed my exactly what the first one did.

Ineptness and incompetence.

AGAIN. Originally Posted by Devo
Yeah, you clearly don't understand the point of preseason. Last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl, they went 0-4 in preseason. It doesn't mean what you think it means.
  • Devo
  • 08-19-2024, 01:24 PM
Yeah, you clearly don't understand the point of preseason. Last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl, they went 0-4 in preseason. It doesn't mean what you think it means. Originally Posted by tommy156
And when would that last Superbowl have been?????

Their is a generation of Burghers who have never seen a SB win in their lives.

If that alone isn't a reason for change, I don't know what is.
And when would that last Superbowl have been?????

Their is a generation of Burghers who have never seen a SB win in their lives.

If that alone isn't a reason for change, I don't know what is. Originally Posted by Devo
Skirting the point. Changing the subject. No point in continuing down this path with you.
  • Devo
  • 08-19-2024, 06:39 PM
Skirting the point. Changing the subject. No point in continuing down this path with you. Originally Posted by tommy156
Without calling me a racist?

I agree, why continue to argue about a decades long struggle to even get a playoff win, let alone a Superbowl.

They SUCK, and will continue to SUCK until SERIOUS changes are made.
Decades long? Lol. Last playoff win was 7 years ago and last Super Bowl win was 15 years ago (last Super Bowl appearance was 13 years ago).

The word "decades" means at least 20 years. So, wrong again.
Tomlin did get to practice screwing up the red flag again. Why somebody hasn’t stepped in and change whatever their system of red flag yes/no is because it’s always been a failed system.
He has his strengths but man it’s gone on for years! Originally Posted by Charley3
Seriously. The Steelers are a multi-million dollar organization (if not a billion). Surely they can afford to hire someone like the Penguins have whose sole job is to look at replays and tell Tomlin when he should or should not challenge. If you follow the Pens at all you notice something - they almost never get a challenge wrong.

Are the Rooneys really that cheap that they won’t shell out a few hundred thou for a replay advisor? Maybe Nutting is actually a relative? Or if it’s Tomlin’s ego getting in the way, maybe someone above him (if such a thing exists in their organization) needs to just make the hire and tell Tomlin that’s how it’s going to be.
  • Devo
  • 08-20-2024, 12:11 PM
Decades long? Lol. Last playoff win was 7 years ago and last Super Bowl win was 15 years ago (last Super Bowl appearance was 13 years ago).

The word "decades" means at least 20 years. So, wrong again. Originally Posted by tommy156
15 years is not problematic?

Hall of fame QB for most of those wasted, huge amounts of talent, wasted, no fucking way can you sit there and tell me that the Steelers have problems with both ownership and coaching.
  • Devo
  • 08-20-2024, 12:17 PM
Seriously. The Steelers are a multi-million dollar organization (if not a billion). Surely they can afford to hire someone like the Penguins have whose sole job is to look at replays and tell Tomlin when he should or should not challenge. If you follow the Pens at all you notice something - they almost never get a challenge wrong.

Are the Rooneys really that cheap that they won’t shell out a few hundred thou for a replay advisor? Maybe Nutting is actually a relative? Or if it’s Tomlin’s ego getting in the way, maybe someone above him (if such a thing exists in their organization) needs to just make the hire and tell Tomlin that’s how it’s going to be. Originally Posted by Smarty1

Its obvious the owners don't give a shit, they have an agenda, and they are going to stick with that agenda till they have no choice but to move on, and they won't be the ones making the decision to change things when and if it occurs.

Look at the piss poor performances of their two starting QBs, and the fact they were willing to buy old talent, instead of trying to start over new, AGAIN, lets not forget we just had a couple of years of failure with their soon to be out of the league golden boy.

I don't think the owners are capable of making any decisions, they have been cuckolded by past choices.
I think the first REAL game against Atlanta will tell us how this season is going to go. The only way we are going to be a good team is if our starting defense, who we really haven’t seen yet, plays up to the $160 million we have invested on that side of the ball.
If that happens and our offense can at least be average, then it will be a fun season to watch.