What is the Solution to Racism?

You know better than to judge others by your own standards. When you, and your cohorts, lose, the "meltdown" claim is your last gasp. You all look like beached fish trying to get some oxygen, but you stink worse. You are lame. Real lame. Save it for someone who is impressed with your bullshit. I'm not.

I doubt anyone else you regularly stalk and attack is either. Your ex-GF?

And you quoted "Shamless"???? You are desperate!!!! Here's his power of critical "thinking"...

Post 168 on 4/15/15 ..."Who Is The Blame For Walter Scott's Death?"

Question posed to SHANM aka Shameless:
"What about a suspect running away and then fights with you when you catch up?

His Answer!! "....... better yet, shoot him in the leg, wait for backup and the paramedics. good ol' police work."
Originally Posted by LexusLover
Way too many commas in that second sentence. How do we solve racism? That was the original question, yes? I think that fewer LL Idiots in the gene pool is a good start. You haven't reproduced, have you?
racism is the idea that there are variances and biological differences between the races or groups

these perceived differences can be held and ranked as superior or inferior by a beholder

Beholders' views regarding race rankings are "colored" by their own race

racism becomes an issue when there is discrimination based on race, but I don't think discrimination is based primarily on race, race usually is only the 'face" of the cause of discrimination

I tend to think that environment and adopted culture are really the cause of discrimination rather pure racism. culture tends to be confused with race, thus a race becomes tarred with actions caused by culture.

where two competing cultures intersect, there is conflict

today, I believe, the dominant culture in a society tends to discriminate due to many factors, most all of which are actions based not race based.

while non-dominant cultures in a society tend to discriminate based on race, due mainly, I think, to a feeling of the need of self preservation, and sub cultures are adopted due to this idea of self preservation which only cause more conflict.

I think the answer to most of our ills is assimilation

the difficulty is how to accomplish assimilation.

the maya angelou falsehood of a salad bowl instead of a mixing bowl is the crux of the matter
  • DSK
  • 05-19-2015, 08:21 PM
racism is the idea that there are variances and biological differences between the races or groups

these perceived differences can be held and ranked as superior or inferior by a beholder

Beholders' views regarding race rankings are "colored" by their own race

racism becomes an issue when there is discrimination based on race, but I don't think discrimination is based primarily on race, race usually is only the 'face" of the cause of discrimination

I tend to think that environment and adopted culture are really the cause of discrimination rather pure racism. culture tends to be confused with race, thus a race becomes tarred with actions caused by culture.

where two competing cultures intersect, there is conflict

today, I believe, the dominant culture in a society tends to discriminate due to many factors, most all of which are actions based not race based.

while non-dominant cultures in a society tend to discriminate based on race, due mainly, I think, to a feeling of the need of self preservation, and sub cultures are adopted due to this idea of self preservation which only cause more conflict.

I think the answer to most of our ills is assimilation

the difficulty is how to accomplish assimilation.

the maya angelou falsehood of a salad bowl instead of a mixing bowl is the crux of the matter Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Someone needs to let maya angelou in on the joke - she IS the joke!!

I think the answer to most of our ills is assimilation. Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
"assimilation definition. The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.” Published by Houghton Mifflin Company."

When a person decides to come live in the United States, and make their home (whether temporarily or permanently) THEY "assimilate" into the predominately American culture as represented by the majority of the people in the United States. They should adapt to the environment and blend into the prevailing standards. Within their homes and personal lives they can enjoy and exercise their own beliefs so long as they don't conflict with the laws of the United States.

It is not the responsibility of the rank and file citizens of this country to change the recognized standards and laws of this country to "accommodate' their previous standards and laws in so far as they conflict.

But this thread is about resolving racial conflicts within the United States, and not about immigrating newcomers.
"assimilation definition. The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group:

But this thread is about resolving racial conflicts within the United States, and not about immigrating newcomers. Originally Posted by LexusLover
you think ghetto blacks assimilate?
you think ghetto blacks assimilate? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
By "ghetto blacks" are you referencing all Black persons who live in a "ghetto"?

If you are, I would say you are characterizing as a group all those people in that group. If that is the case, then my honest answer would have to be ... "I don't know what all Black persons who live in a "ghetto would do or not do. I will "assume" for the purposes of the discussion there are Black persons living in ghettos who desire to leave the ghetto in which they live and live in a community outside of the ghetto in which they have lived. I have known some Black people well and been sufficiently close to them to realize they came from limited circumstances and met the challenges improving on their conditions and assuring their children's futures were secure and productive. It wasn't easy for them, just like it is not easy for others to move beyond the conditions in which they were born and raised in their formative years.

They people I've known who have improved their station in life did it by focusing and working hard, which included obtaining an education to facilitate that improvement....whether that education was academic or vocational.