Star Wars , Bond, Moby Dick and other holiday Blockbusters

Yeah,

I actually liked the first half of Irrerversible, then felt it slowed down towards the end.

It's Gaspar Noe so you have to go in with a very open mind and be prepared to be shocked. He doesn't hold any punches.

The bathhouse stuff, when the husband threatens the tranny sw for info on the guy and all those other SW being attacking the group. It was gross, but just so shocking and in your face. even the 10 min "Scene" Where the director leaves the camera on Monica's face the whole time. Almost like your strapped to a chair and he's holding your eyes open, forcing you to watch. the Fire extinguisher parts was probably the worst of it all.

His new movie LOVE 3D is playing at Sundance cinemas and is supposed to be excessive to the max.

Here's the NSFW Red Band Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFCZsiDRjxo Originally Posted by cr76
Wait is that the first half or second half chronologically, cuz the movie was told backwards...LOL!

That movie stayed with me for years and watching Monica get brutalised like that was uncomfortable to watch, kinda like Alex in A Clockwork Orange straight jacked to a chair eyes pried and forced to watch the ole ultra-violence. Oh yeah and the fire extinguisher scene...that was jarring.

I've heard of LOVE(3D), it's on my list to see, people either really hate it or really love it, Noé's movies elicit that kind of response.

• cr76
  • 11-09-2015, 11:09 PM
LOL yeah first half at the start of the film.

Once it gets to the party, it begins to slow down and get kind long in the tooth, but look at all the shit the got thrown at you in the beginning.

There was no face or teeth after the guy was done.

the ending was just so dirty and grimy.
  • cr76
  • 11-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Still waiting for the 70mm theater list for Qt's Hateful Eight.
  • cr76
  • 11-12-2015, 11:28 PM
IG,

I went and Saw Gaspar Noe's Love 3D at sundance. It's a letdown

First off: true Gaspar fashion he doesn't hold back. There is unsimualted sex scenes, cowgirl, doggy style, threesomes, lots of full frontal nudity from both sides, DATY, blow jobs, handjobs, A tranny, an orgy scene (which makes the true detective one look like sesame street.) Finger fucking, i mean the first shot is a girl getting fingered while jacking off a guy to orgasm.

the soundtrack is great, ranging form classical to pink floyd, nice little mixture.

3d was decent, but he needed to light the movie better. you lose some light brightness when you put on the 3d glasses, so you have to compensate for that.

His trademark panache and flash is there, long takes, single shots that last forever, all there.

But the film is so boring and drags. Whenever there is any of the sex on screen it's great, but when it's the couple talking about their issues, it's just so boring.

I see what he was trying to do but i just didn't emotionally connect to it.
IG,

I went and Saw Gaspar Noe's Love 3D at sundance. It's a letdown

First off: true Gaspar fashion he doesn't hold back. There is unsimualted sex scenes, cowgirl, doggy style, threesomes, lots of full frontal nudity from both sides, DATY, blow jobs, handjobs, A tranny, an orgy scene (which makes the true detective one look like sesame street.) Finger fucking, i mean the first shot is a girl getting fingered while jacking off a guy to orgasm.

the soundtrack is great, ranging form classical to pink floyd, nice little mixture.

3d was decent, but he needed to light the movie better. you lose some light brightness when you put on the 3d glasses, so you have to compensate for that.

His trademark panache and flash is there, long takes, single shots that last forever, all there.

But the film is so boring and drags. Whenever there is any of the sex on screen it's great, but when it's the couple talking about their issues, it's just so boring.

I see what he was trying to do but i just didn't emotionally connect to it. Originally Posted by cr76
That's disappointing to hear...I had high hopes for a well done Noé flick. I guess it was all hype as many suggested.

But I'm still willing to see tho, if only for the experience.

Thanks for the intel and honest critique sir.

• cr76
  • 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM
Hunger Games on Friday and the night before as well. I do want see Angelina Jolie s By the sea, I'm still unsure of what it's about. It looked like a heavy drama about a married couple, but I saw a new ad and it looked like a thriller.
  • cr76
  • 11-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Just the Hunger games Finale tonight. To be honest, it didn't have the impact i was expecting, It was a little underwhelming. Perhaps they were trying give people something different instead of war like in the dark knight rises or harry potter and deathy hallows, but it felt like something was missing.

Other then that it was fine.
Never seen any Hunger Games stuff. Don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Ok, I'm lying. Sorta. Was watching a stream a couple years back and didn't realize it was the first movie playing. Some scene where a supply crate gets dropped off and all the kids ran to it. Watched it for a few minutes until a friend told me what movie it was. Pretty shitty on avoiding the actual violence.

If you want to watch a better movie, watch Battle Royale. That was awesome. Japanese but awesome. You remember the school girl with the chain and ball in Kill Bill? This is the movie he recruited her from.

• cr76
  • 11-19-2015, 08:49 AM
A lot of people consider Hunger games to be a rip off of battle royale.

Big QT fan .

Excited for Hateful Eight - Hoping we get a full 70MM release with intermission here in houston.
Me personally I do consider it a rip off. The first time I watched the trailer I said to myself "Fuck, Hollywood is redoing Battle Royale?" It's funny because once you start watching foreign films/shows you start to really see how shitty Hollywood is even if you think they're shitty now.

Here's one I would highly recommend. That's Storm Shadow from the GI Joe movies.

The Martian was awesome. I saw it in 3D and thought they did a great job. No real 3D in your face effects. It was more about immersing you into the film. Changing the ending from the book's ending the way they did made no sense to me. That was the only thing that disappointed me.

Bond was, Meh! My opinion, it was the worst of Craig's Bond movies, not that Craig was bad but the movie was bland and way too long. Christoph Waltz was way underutilized. I personally didn't like they way they tied everything together from the previous movies. All other Bond films have been stand alone. This has been a series and now I will be expecting it to have some kind of conclusion. I get it but I don't like it. Craig said after wrapping on this one he would rather slit his wrist than do another Bond film.

I'll see Hunger games this weekend since I've seen all the others.

I'm still skeptical about Star Wars but I'll be there.

Creed looks like it might be a decent movie. Stallone is getting some early critical acclaim.

Might have to see the Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts thriller too.

By the Sea sound boring as fuck. Maybe it's good. I'll let you guys decide.

I'm probably most looking forward to The Revenant now. Looking to get my hands on the book as it's supposed to be a great read.
  • cr76
  • 11-20-2015, 12:56 AM
The Martian was awesome. I saw it in 3D and thought they did a great job. No real 3D in your face effects. It was more about immersing you into the film. Changing the ending from the book's ending the way they did made no sense to me. That was the only thing that disappointed me.

Bond was, Meh! My opinion, it was the worst of Craig's Bond movies, not that Craig was bad but the movie was bland and way too long. Christoph Waltz was way underutilized. I personally didn't like they way they tied everything together from the previous movies. All other Bond films have been stand alone. This has been a series and now I will be expecting it to have some kind of conclusion. I get it but I don't like it. Craig said after wrapping on this one he would rather slit his wrist than do another Bond film.

I'll see Hunger games this weekend since I've seen all the others.

I'm still skeptical about Star Wars but I'll be there.

Creed looks like it might be a decent movie. Stallone is getting some early critical acclaim.

Might have to see the Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts thriller too.

By the Sea sound boring as fuck. Maybe it's good. I'll let you guys decide.

I'm probably most looking forward to The Revenant now. Looking to get my hands on the book as it's supposed to be a great read. Originally Posted by boardman
i still want to see the 33, the night before, and the Julia roberts thriller. Going with family (both in-town and out of town) to see Peanuts tomorrow. We are going to the new IPC theater which is supposed to be fantastic.

Can;t wait for the revenant and Hateful eight. Already got Star wars tickets and want to see Concussion and Point Break 3D.
  • Trey
  • 11-20-2015, 06:46 AM
Had a friend who was so into the starwars series he drove to get tickets the day it released for prepaid tickets. It was raining hard he got the tickets but on his way home drove into high water. Car got fucked. When it came time to see the film. He was full of pride thinking he would skip the lines of campers waiting to see the movie. The line was 2 men long. Wasted his car for nothing. That movie will play every 30 mins, I can't see buying early tickets.
  • cr76
  • 11-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Had a friend who was so into the starwars series he drove to get tickets the day it released for prepaid tickets. It was raining hard he got the tickets but on his way home drove into high water. Car got fucked. When it came time to see the film. He was full of pride thinking he would skip the lines of campers waiting to see the movie. The line was 2 men long. Wasted his car for nothing. That movie will play every 30 mins, I can't see buying early tickets. Originally Posted by Trey
Just really depends on how you want to experience it.

I bought early tickets, but that's because i'm going to see it opening weekend in IMAX.

But you do have a point, if you just want to see the film and don't care how you view it, then yeah, you really shouldn't have any trouble finding a showtime to attend.
I have Star Wars tickets also... Going to the Palladium Theatre out in Richmond.... Been there to see all the Avenger movies.... Screens are huuuge!! Gonna go the weekend AFTER it comes out... Don't feel like fighting a crowd even though I'm a huge fan.