Poll - What forum should the Niagara Falls Canada reviews be posted to

Heh
On a positive note...we are likely to see a revocation of one of those very despised, oppressive, absolutely vile rules here that you gents love to complain about fairly soon. No, not that one...one of the others. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Insults to members?
Insults to staff???
I'd never get points... except for hijacking....
On a positive note...we are likely to see a revocation of one of those very despised, oppressive, absolutely vile rules here that you gents love to complain about fairly soon. No, not that one...one of the others. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Bravo sir! Sounds like a small and hopeful step in the proper direction.....
Heaven knows we have too many rules and such......

FWIW, my guess it's that silly '30 day NO bump rule', which I've never seen in any other SHMB, save here. Never made a lick of sense since most boards welcome new info/updates to old threads, which overall lessens confusion of things gone by in the past.

Besides a positive would be, making life more difficult for some staffers who have nothing better to do with their life than to spend their time here, nit-picking and bird-dogging members.....
Bravo sir! Sounds like a small and hopeful step in the proper direction.....
Heaven knows we have too many rules and such......

FWIW, my guess it's that silly '30 day NO bump rule', which I've never seen in any other SHMB, save here. Never made a lick of sense since most boards welcome new info/updates to old threads, which overall lessens confusion of things gone by in the past.

Besides a positive would be, making life more difficult for some staffers who have nothing better to do with their life than to spend their time here, nit-picking and bird-dogging members..... Originally Posted by Celso
That certainly would be a positive. I'd be willing to bet that some staffers would love to be able to have to do less here and more with other parts of their lives rather than nit-picking and bird-dogging members who just can't seem to get or refuse to follow the rather simple rules of the site.

And, no not that one either. But since you brought it up, maybe you should take a closer look at that particular guideline since thats your interpretation of it.
And, no not that one either. But since you brought it up, maybe you should take a closer look at that particular guideline since thats your interpretation of it. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I beg to differ Sir.

Interpretation of it is irreverent since bumping old reviews is the norm on many a SHMB, so a guideline against bumping seems silly in that it denies members from adding new info....
I beg to differ Sir.

Interpretation of it is irreverent since bumping old reviews is the norm on many a SHMB, so a guideline against bumping seems silly in that it denies members from adding new info.... Originally Posted by Celso
It doesn't say you can't bump an old thread. As long as you have PERTINENT info to add to it.

It does say they prefer a new thread to be started......or to post a new review if you have info.

elg......
It doesn't say you can't bump an old thread. As long as you have PERTINENT info to add to it. Originally Posted by elghund
Was speaking about old reviews not old threads, which can be bumped up.
Bumping up old reviews can be very helpful especially if the SP is lesser known but was good or bad in the sack, since the old review is right there to refresh your mind without having to go hunting for her other old reviews.
Or, they could just write a new review...

I know...crazy talk...
Or, they could just write a new review...

I know...crazy talk... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Depending on where the review ends up... maybe not as crazy as it seems.... just to keep it on topic....
I beg to differ Sir.

Interpretation of it is irreverent since bumping old reviews is the norm on many a SHMB, so a guideline against bumping seems silly in that it denies members from adding new info.... Originally Posted by Celso
It doesn't say you can't bump an old review. As long as you have PERTINENT info to add to it.

It does say they prefer a new thread to be started......or to post a new review if you have info.

elg...... Originally Posted by elghund
Well Sir, if you won't read the wording of the guideline there's not much I can do for you. Seems like your mind is made up on what it says.

Change one word in elg's response (as indicated), and he's exactly right. Apparently he can read and understand it just fine. But just being obtuse about it is cool also, but it doesn't change what it says.
Well Sir, if you won't read the wording of the guideline there's not much I can do for you. Seems like your mind is made up on what it says.

Change one word in elg's response (as indicated), and he's exactly right. Apparently he can read and understand it just fine. But just being obtuse about it is cool also, but it doesn't change what it says. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
I beg to differ Sir.
Have read the wording of said guideline since joining in the frolic here and do read it exactly as you! However have seen over all those years many Mods past and present, along with those at a higher pay grade, who don't read them as you and I, and have issued many warnings over all them years to many members here.....indeed very obtuse of them.

Your blue revision of elg is a proper correction and again am in full agreement with you! However again have seen over all these years all level of staffers, a bit obtuse perhaps, who have not been as insightful as us and warned a plethora of members not to bump reviews idle over 30 days, even though they passed your blue revision test above....ijs.....

Indeed Sir, evidence of said obtuseness, can be found posted here just hours ago in Post #128 above......crazy eh....
Indeed Sir, evidence of said obtuseness, can be found posted here just hours ago in Post #128 above......crazy eh.... Originally Posted by Celso
You REALLY need to go read the guideline before posting anymore...it's making you look pretty bad...
If one of the NFC reviews were bumped after 30days, the modtard looking at it would decide whether it meets the threshold of an acceptable bump. It is one of those gray areas some of you seem so fond of. If he gives you points, you can always appeal the points.
Change one word in elg's response (as indicated), and he's exactly right. Apparently he can read and understand it just fine. But just being obtuse about it is cool also, but it doesn't change what it says. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

See? I'd suck as a mod......

elg......
See? I'd suck as a mod......

elg...... Originally Posted by elghund
Nicely done.

Fuckin elg....