Dorthy_Monroe's last points issued: an objective assessment.

So you've never seen a Mod post in a thread, "well that earned so-and-so a vacation." Originally Posted by Tapper69
You made the claim, cite it. Like I said, I can find 10 situations this year alone where mods reply to questions about bans that "we do not discuss reasons".

He crossed a line, a very well established red line that is drawn with fluorescent red paint.
You made the claim, cite it. Like I said, I can find 10 situations this year alone where mods reply to questions about bans that "we do not discuss reasons".

He crossed a line, a very well established red line that is drawn with fluorescent red paint. Originally Posted by Boltfan
I hear you, but did NYr really cross that line? He only admitted to assigning the points - and I'll note it was in direct reply to someone asking if he knew she had been banned earlier that day.

No reason, and no specific post was identified by NYr.
Ahem.... Coming from the once proud mouthy bitch in these parts, I can tell you.... After you start making life hard for a mod and you've been pointed almost to oblivion, it doesn't take very much to push yourself right off the cliff. The mods are paitent (especially NYr and he sticks his neck out for hookers) but once you're on the radar and post something even close to the edge, expect points. Could another non mouthy member have posted what she did and not get points? Probably. But once you are tagged "a mouthy bitch" it's all downhill.

Look, these guys do this shit for free. Once I pointed myself into oblivion on aspd I "understood" and we actually have a better relationship after I got into trouble.

As far as "transparency" I don't know what to tell you. A mod doesn't have to answer to board members like that. In my experience, you wouldn't like the answer anyway. It's only a temp ban. Let the mods reset and get her off their radar and when she's back, it'll be ok.

I like her. She's alright by me. I've been square in her shoes. It sucks.

Hey I wanted to edit to add that 3 months is seriously extreme for what she does here. I do not agree with that extreme amount of time. Wowzza
  • Gbfsl
  • 04-09-2016, 06:45 AM
I am just catching up on this thread. This is pretty funny stuff.

You all take yourselves and this hobby way too seriously. Lighten up and have some fun out there.

Bottom line is if life were "fair" Elvis would still be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.
At this late stage in the game, I don't know that one more opinion matters. But since my insomnia last night caused me to read this entire thread, and most of the one that preceded it, I figured I earned the right to express an opinion.

When you read Kitty's thread straight through (God, what a chore), NYr's action made plenty of sense to me. He posted his warning to three people, including Dorthy. Her last two posts may have been tame compared to much of what she had posted previously, but they were unnecessary provocations. Particularly the "on Tuesdays she's Cuban" comment. No one was addressing her. It meets the definition of "thread trolling", at least how I've seen it defined on this board.

I agree with the statements supporting more transparency in mod actions concerning banishment. I've long held the belief that the aspd practice of posting a list of banned handles with a brief description of why they were banned would benefit the community.

Having said that, in this case I didn't need my hand held in figuring out why Dorthy got points. It seems pretty consistent with what I've seen in the past, and probably justified.

I just wish she had a Showcase (do those go away when you're banned, or did she just not have one?). Her avatar is cute, and as some ladies here know, I have a thing for mouthy dames.
I am always amused by the sheep who chew the 'the modtard doesn't answer to you' and 'there is nothing you can do about it' cud.

While it is true that NYr is not required to respond to YMs enquiry, he is not above the fray. He is not entitled to some kind of pass for being a modtard.

Being a modtard is not some great position of power. Being a modtard is a position of servitude.

The fact is, NYr should not discuss Dorthy's ban. That in no way prevents the rest of you from discussing the ban in a speculative manner. NYr is at a disadvantage in that regard. As he should be. NYr opened that door when he acknowledged that he gave her the points that put her over the top.
I am always amused by the sheep who chew the 'the modtard doesn't answer to you' and 'there is nothing you can do about it' cud. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Thus my question, has this been escalated? If not, why. The modtard saying he pointed her out is reason enough to do a non-conformance on the issue.
What do you mean by "escalated"?
She had a showcase, Tinman.
I did not know that the forums were limited to only the people in that area to be able to post.
I did not know that Cuban was a race or a racial slur.
I did not know that if you warn several people in a threAD that the others that violate the waning get to skate.

I do know that a lot of so called men on this board are intimidated by women and become keyboard strongmen as long as they can remain behind one of their handles. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

So bringing up Mavs owner Mark Cuban is a racist slur?
Only on Tuesdays
Or NBA draft days ...
Agree

Dallas MOD did his JOB! thank you AGAIN!!!!

The ban hammer is not going hard enough as far as I'm concerned....don't care why Dorthy is banned or who banned her. I was truly tired of seeing her TROLL every freaking thread. I mean damn. Take a break, suck a dick, grab some grub. Make your point and be done. No need to live on Eccie ....that goes for all drama starters around these parts. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
Coming from a TROLL what more can anyone say!

I think the point of the replies you're seeing is nobody cares about her getting banned. She's a pain. I'm not afraid to point out if I feel a mod was wrong but speaking as a troll myself, they give us a LOT of room and are just trying to keep the board civil.

You seem like a nice girl Marie, but the reality is Dorfy has not been the nicest person, come off as a major smart-ass to people, and has nothing to do with Kitty yet kept trolling her in a really mean manner.

If Dorfy's business really depends on this site it was a pretty stupid thing to keep trolling, especially in a city where she doesn't live. Personally, I hate Houston and have no love for the area. It's way too hot there and the people just seem to think they're better than us in the DFW.

Maybe this time away will be a good opportunity to take an English class and learn the difference between their, there, and they're...always a pain to try to interpret some of her posts.

Wish you well but as I said earlier, consider the company you keep, it can have a bad effect on your own business. Originally Posted by TheEccie214
Whatever the fuck I want