Who will win the Game of Thrones?

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/05/...ason-8-remade/

GOT fans are not happy with season 8, they want a do over. they're going for 200,000. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
BAHHAAAAA

watching these snowflakes freak out is funny as shit. they won't get a redo.

they did the same thing to George Lucas over the prequels.

George did not remake them. Neither will GOT.

Not gonna happen.

i saw something where fans are accusing GRRM of "holding" the last two books on some "deal" with HBO until the show finishes. GRRM says .. BULLSHIT!".

Since GRRM makes millions on the books, even with all that HBO loot coming in, why would he cost himself more millions?
its not unheard of to do one with an alternate ending. perhaps a directors cut when GM finishes his books.
its not unheard of to do one with an alternate ending. perhaps a directors cut when GM finishes his books. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

lol. Alt ending is one thing ... reshooting the whole season 8 is not gonna happen.

when Martin finally completes his series, HBO may change its mind and find Martins storyline might be better. you never know. these guys are in the business of taking risks!
personally, I think they should have paused the series.

when Martin finally completes his series, HBO may change its mind and find Martins storyline might be better. you never know. these guys are in the business of taking risks! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

GRRM said he knew the books would not be done by the time the show ended. So ... he told the showrunners several years ago his outline for how it ends.

i expect the books to mirror what GRRM told them how he wants it to end.
  • oeb11
  • 05-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Producers were not about to have the books publish the ending to Season 8 prior to release of the HBO episodes.

Would have spoiled the soap opera tension and decreased viewership by millions.

The last episode Sunday coming ( May 19) - may well be one of the most watched programs ever.
With attendant rates for advertising. Millions of dollars to be made.

Producers, and Martin, are not risking that.
Producers were not about to have the books publish the ending to Season 8 prior to release of the HBO episodes.

Would have spoiled the soap opera tension and decreased viewership by millions.

The last episode Sunday coming ( May 19) - may well be one of the most watched programs ever.
With attendant rates for advertising. Millions of dollars to be made.

Producers, and Martin, are not risking that. Originally Posted by oeb11

i predict 20 million viewers. the last episode had over 18 million viewers so 20 million for the finale is very doable. possible more.

one thing about GRRM .. he takes years to write a book. his fans have waited years between volumes.
Will never read the books.

There'd be more viewers if HBO wouldn't have waited 2 years between season 7 and season 8.
If the books. "Song of Ice and Fire" never existed, I would not even know it.

The HBO production was first rate.

The series Rome, (just two seasons), is still my favorite.
If the books. "Song of Ice and Fire" never existed, I would not even know it.

The HBO production was first rate.

The series Rome, (just two seasons), is still my favorite. Originally Posted by Jackie S
"Rome" was very good. "Deadwood" was pretty good as well: did not know before hand that George Hearst and Frank and Jessie James ever visited that region in its heyday. And HBO's Al Swearengen introduced 21st century Americans to a whole slew of 19th century invectives and slurs.

"Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" are still my favorite. Whereas I do not plan on reading Martin's books, I did read the books those two series were based on. With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by E.B. Sledge is a great read.
May-be climate change will kill them all from the dragon fire LOL
  • grean
  • 05-17-2019, 11:34 AM
After all othets with claims to the thrown are dead, the mountain's scorched corpse crawls from the rubble and kills who ever wins, thereby beginning a new game and allowing the series to continue.
less than 48 hours to go! Who will take the Iron Throne? I'm sticking with Aegon Targaryen!

last week's episode on cable only hit 18.4 million viewers. i read this week that with cable and online streaming, the total real time viewership could hit 35 MILLION!

the Cleganebowl is over. it ended as expected, both Sandor and Gregor are dead. Well in Gregor's case dead again! Sandor out-fought him. Gregor should have died at least twice, first when Sandor gut stabbed him with a broadsword all the way thru. Then he stabbed Gregor with a dagger right in the head, all the way out the back of his skull. No one except an undead could survive that.

it's possible the fall didn't even kill Gregor but the fire would consume him. i find no way to have Gregor somehow survive. And it would ruin what Sandor did by being willing to die to kill Gregor.

the coolest part of the Cleganebowl was what Sandor did before the fight ... he made Arya leave! told her she'd die if she went with him. and she would have. She was smart to listen to him and give up her revenge on Cercei .. because Sandor was right .. she'd be dead soon enough anyway.

many might not recall but there was a Cleganebowl I in the first season. it was a draw by command of King Robert Baratheon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIwtO6VWCU

Sandor sends Arya away ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DgACkATLvA

and now .. Cleganebowl II THE END!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2kUpOH0JqE