Fine Steak and A-1

Well, I am guilty of it. Big dinner usually makes me yawn and sleepy...

Is that a hint I am glad i asked because it seems Sheparskii and Mtabsw did it Originally Posted by Thatdude
  • 69er
  • 11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh boyyy...That another serious debate in Texas!!!

Definitely no beans here...occasionally like a tri-blend mix of beans with extra cayenne pepper. Also marinate the chili meat over night in some good seasoning...because the flavor of the meat rises....woo weee

Barbeque...any kind/or all where the meat just falls off....

Dayumm...I am getting HUNGRY Originally Posted by sheparsekiii
Certainly I can appreciate a nice cut of beef, and the simplicity of a nicely cooked steak. Occassionally a sauce can be nice, but A-1 would not be among my choices. Steak Au Poive is very nice, as is a small puddle of Hollandaise on the side.

Chili... Beans? I thought they shot people at the state line who thought beans are in Chili.

As for Barbeque, falling off the bone is not good for ribs. It is easy to achieve by keeping the ribs wet during cooking, but the meat looses its' "Bite", and just becomes mushy. I much prefer competition style ribs. Here the judging criteria for the "Texture" is that the meat should be tender, but after biting, you should be able to make out the bite marks in the meat.

I've taken several ladies to eat, and typically choose fairly high end restaurants to do so. One occasion I remember the lady having a bit of difficulty choosing from the menu, so I decided to help her out by asking what she was interested in, and what I would choose off the menu based on her preferances. It always pays to treat others as you'd want to be treated. She appreciated the help as she just didn't understand some of the sauces and other terms used in some of the descriptions.

It did get a bit funny for desert, since she said she'd like to try something but wasn't sure what... so we decided to share the Tiramisu. While eating it she started explaining that as she was an alcoholic, that she didn't have any wine with me. At which point I needed to explain that the couple bites she had, did contain a small amount of liquor, which she was surprised to learn. She laughed a bit, and said not to worry, it wouldn't send her off the wagon.

So, I don't see any harm in anyones preferences, but I do think that if they haven't had a truly excellent version of the entree, they should always be open to trying it the way the chef prepared it!
Play first....eat later. Originally Posted by Reese Foster
Thank you for not explaining how I learned that lesson. Originally Posted by mtabsw
mtabsw-

I think we all learned the hard way!!! Originally Posted by sheparsekiii
Putting hard in that sentence is cruel irony...
I got lots of PM's in regards to taking providers out to nice restaurants...

1. I do not pay for time for dinner. It's just a nice gesture from me to a provider I enjoyed sessions with. I usually let them pick and choose when and where they want to go...

2. I usually do not do a session the same evening

3. I am not going to "out" the girls that asked for sauce at those 3 restaurants

4. I don't barter for nice outing w provider

Thanks all
I love the fact that Shep is the way he is. I never expect anything from our evenings out and neither does he. He is always respectful in everything he says and does. He likes good, mature, respectful company and so do I. Eccie is not my life and there is life outside of this long after this "JOB" goes away... and I have NO DOUBT that Shep will be one of the people that I remain in contact with forever.

When are we going out again, MY FRIEND. MMMWUAHHH... and no... i won't ask for A1... promise.

Amber Rain
Awwwwwh my lil squirta
back to food...Has anyone tried a Chicago Pot Pizza...I am really not sure why this has not caught on...

I used to live in Chicago and tried one of these Pot Pizzas @ Grinders...and fell in love with it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spe1hEaWQS4

If anyone knows where I can get one of these in DFW, please let me know?

Thanks,
Shep
NOT me.. maybe you should take oh wise one of food cuisine.

LOL
Mustard on Reesey, Ranch on a fine retired ass, so who wanted the A-1 I wonder....looks like a fine club!
I'm not up on all the etiquette of fine dining but maybe next time when you have someone ask for sauce for their steak you could ask them to try a bite without the sauce. They might end up eating the whole thing without putting sauce on it.
How the hell do you guys find these 40-year old threads???
Food snobs who worry about such nonsense are why I truly enjoy ordering a $45 steak and putting ketchup on it. Screw what the chef thinks.
Bet ya at least two of the three were under 30....
Ha ha! Is this new record (for bumping a thread)? Shep and Steak....lol

At first I thought I was pulling up a little reminder for Steak and BJ Day (next month).....oh well....
  • motor
  • 02-24-2015, 09:08 AM
How the hell do you guys find these 40-year old threads??? Originally Posted by Prolongus

little too much time on their hands maybe?? Wow 3+ years old,