Stimulus checks

fyi, i got my 1200 today.

if i'm understanding these refund checks, they'll be subtracted in the next years tax return or so.

I'm sure your negative comments towards me have more to do with our differences in political leanings than anything else. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
me too.. that Turd just called me a Racist, for the Hell of it. if I called Bambino that, he would whine to the Moderators.
A stimulus check has nothing to do with politics. A lot of you need to grow the fuck up and not let your personal dislike for another start your name calling because of their political beliefs for no reason... come on guys, we're talking about $1,200. I don't even qualify for that check. I'm happy for those who need it and have received it. I'll leave it at that.

There are tough times ahead for many and it has nothing to do with politics. Hate Trump or love Trump, but he made the right call with helping people in financial distress. It's only temporary and it's not a lot of money, but a lot of people need that check just to eat now.
I plan to increase my weekly contributions to my church. Have already done so.

Unimaginative whiner? No empathy? Interesting comments. Care to back that up with statements I've made that fall under that category in your opinion.

I'm sure your negative comments towards me have more to do with our differences in political leanings than anything else. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I agree. Up to a point. I said before, and several others said the same thing, that I don't need the money from the stimulus bill in order to get by. But I do know people on Social Security who are still working low paying jobs because they need the money. Not every SS recipient is receiving what you and I are receiving. And for many in retirement, SS is their only source of income. But I understand your point totally. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Because you said "I don't need the money", then described people who do without volunteering to share it with them. Then you say your going to give it to the church like Lucas.

me too.. that Turd just called me a Racist, for the Hell of it. if I called Bambino that, he would whine to the Moderators. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Because you described white people as redneck pig farmers. Snitch.

A stimulus check has nothing to do with politics. A lot of you need to grow the fuck up and not let your personal dislike for another start your name calling because of their political beliefs for no reason... come on guys, we're talking about $1,200. I don't even qualify for that check. I'm happy for those who need it and have received it. I'll leave it at that.

There are tough times ahead for many and it has nothing to do about politics. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
You volunteered to give it to the church without prompting. Well, maybe to get some church tail. I don't need the money either but I'm volunteering to give it to my wife to keep my ass out of hot water.

Incredibly tough times are ahead. I'm seeing UE of 30% predicted.
who do without volunteering to share it with them. Then you say your going to give it to the church like Lucas.Because you said "I don't need the money", then described people. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I don't even know whether a church would even take my money. I said I would give it to a homeless shelter. It's Christian based, but I volunteer there. I pretty much had to give them a sizable donation just to let me work for free because I had no church to claim on the application. I love it. I needed to be humbled and those great but troubled people humbled me. I really miss being around them.

I'm now laughing to myself thinking about donating to a church when they ask me why they have never seen me. When I tell them that I've been to church twice in ten years because of a funeral and because I wanted to fuck a chick from my gym; they may call the cops on me for being a heathen and misfit. lol
That's right, you did say homeless shelter.

The 2nd best looking woman in my building was a "Jesus Girl." When she walked down the hall guys went to get coffee. She told me "gnad these church fellas move fast. Everyone of them want me to sleep with them on the first date and are upset when it takes two."
I guess a "Jesus Girl" can go one way or another. I've met a few. Some you can make them forget their faith and others you can forget about wasting your time.

A lot of people go to church other than to just praise the lord. It just doesn't feel right to me to go to church just to pick up pussy and act like I want to be there. I couldn't take that chick home and drop her off fast enough after the cult weirdness I experienced that morning at her mega church. Her place of worship was really some weird shit. I'm surprised I don't have PTSD after sitting through all of that craziness just for some pussy.

Don't wear skin tight yoga pants to show off your ass at the gym and instead, dress like the prude that you are and do not waste my fucking time at your church. She was definitely some false fuck advertisement... obviously I am still a little annoyed about that.

She is a complete sweetheart though, so I'll continue to stare at her sexy ass when the gym opens back up in a few months.

She was definitely some false fuck advertisement...

She is a complete sweetheart though, ... Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
It's more than likely not a Bible issue, but a gender decision.

if i'm understanding these refund checks, they'll be subtracted in the next years tax return or so. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The Treasury and IRS gave some interesting answers to the very question of reconciling it.

I'm thinking they don't know exactly how they are going to deal with it, but it won't require repayment they assure.

https://apnews.com/aaa5b4c413933990f65b7bea8c22fc2a

CHICAGO (AP) — Videos and online reports claiming that millions of Americans will have to repay the relief checks they receive from the federal government under the $2.2 trillion coronavirus economic recovery bill are not true.

The government began issuing the one-time payments this week. Most adults who earned up to $75,000 will see a $1,200 payout, while married couples who made up to $150,000 can expect to get $2,400. Parents will get payments of $500 per child. The checks will be directly deposited into bank accounts or mailed to households, depending on how you’ve filed your tax returns in the past.

In recent days, social media posts have falsely claimed there’s one catch to this money -- that you’ll eventually have to pay it back.

“Next year, you’re automatically going to owe $1,200 come tax season,” one of the videos, viewed hundreds of thousands of times on YouTube, falsely claims. The video has also been shared widely on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.

The U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service, which are working to deliver the money to people, confirmed to The Associated Press that households will not have to pay back the money in next year’s tax filing.

“This is not an advance and there is absolutely no obligation to pay it back,” Treasury spokeswoman Patricia McLaughlin said in an email.

if i'm understanding these refund checks, they'll be subtracted in the next years tax return or so. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
#1: It's not a "refund" check. #2: It's not taxable....YET!

How it is treated next year will depend on the Fall elections.
me too.. that Turd just called me a Racist, for the Hell of it. if I called Bambino that, he would whine to the Moderators. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
The Moderators would probably agree, ....

..... but wouldn't hold it against you!
Because you said "I don't need the money", then described people who do without volunteering to share it with them. Then you say your going to give it to the church like Lucas.
Originally Posted by gnadfly
Is that whining? Is that showing no empathy?

My church in Austin supports Meals on Wheels, Community First, Be Lydia, Hopefully Sow, Austin Disaster Relief Network, Angels Afoot, and several charities outside the country.

Although our church services are streamed, contributions are down something like 25%. I know when I contribute to the church the money is doing a great deal of good for those less fortunate than I am.
SR, just pay it forward my friend if you can. That's all that matters. You need no justification. Just do what you feel is right to help others if you can afford to do so. If you can't, obviously keep that money for yourself and pay your own bills. There's nothing wrong either way. Just do what you can and you're good.

You take care of yourself 1st. If you have excess, that's when it is time to take care of others. That's just how I look at things. I may be wrong about that, but I know it feels right.
SR, just pay it forward my friend if you can. That's all that matters. You need no justification. Just do what you feel is right to help others if you can afford to do so. If you can't, obviously keep that money for yourself and pay your own bills. There's nothing wrong either way. Just do what you can and you're good.

You take care of yourself 1st. If you have excess, that's when it is time to take care of others. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Sound advice.