Did Christine Blasey Ford Set Back the #Metoo Movement?

You can bet he heard that and tried to be "Clarence Thomas-like" to some degree, although he may have overplayed it a bit. To me it doesn't mean that that's his normal temperament. Originally Posted by billw1032
it probably isn't his normal temperament, but what alarmed me was his boast that he wrote his into all by himself, and that was filled with Clinton conspiracy nonsense. if he had measuredly stated "I realize this Hearing is a tit-for-tat response in retribution for the bottled Merrick Garland nomination", I could have seen him as a wise and reasonable guy.
  • Aoi
  • 10-14-2018, 12:16 PM
You think she make all that up? I know people that believe that. She got a lot to lose if she caught. Originally Posted by Purlie Victorious

Yes, she made it up.

The crap about the double doors has nothing to do with her traumatic "experiences." The blueprints existed for those long before they even moved in.

And if she was so serious about getting this out in the open, why didn't she provide her psychiatrist notes to the Senate when she was asked multiple times?

Also, why did she suddenly just decide to drop EVERYTHING the moment he was voted in?

Why did she lie about a fear of flying?

Yes. She made it up.

Kavanaugh should absolutely send her to prison for her shit.

Men's lives are ruined for this type of shit. It is long past due for women to get their comeuppance for lying about men and having their lives ruined.

Fuck feminism and "me too"
Yes, she made it up.

The crap about the double doors has nothing to do with her traumatic "experiences." The blueprints existed for those long before they even moved in.

And if she was so serious about getting this out in the open, why didn't she provide her psychiatrist notes to the Senate when she was asked multiple times?

Also, why did she suddenly just decide to drop EVERYTHING the moment he was voted in?

Why did she lie about a fear of flying?

Yes. She made it up.

Kavanaugh should absolutely send her to prison for her shit.

Men's lives are ruined for this type of shit. It is long past due for women to get their comeuppance for lying about men and having their lives ruined.

Fuck feminism and "me too" Originally Posted by Aoi
I've thought about this for a while now, and while I wanted to believe her (for women's sake) - I come back to a weird "situational point":

Say something has happened to you which is SO traumatic that you have held onto it for 30 years - (are you with me?)... for 30 years (here it's RAPE, but take ANYTHING that could be reflecting on you mentally and emotionally... you were RAPED, you witnessed a MURDER, you were KIDNAPPED and tortured and they threatened to kill your family - anything, ok?)

...30 years.

...and you finally get the gumption through 30 years of therapy to say something to confront the person who did that to you; but not in court... in front of (what you know is going to be a MEDIA CIRCUS) televised congressional hearings about the highest position (screw President - SCOTUS is a LIFE appointment!) in basically the free world...

...and you've held this in, stewing, brewing, eating you up for 30 years...

...and you FINALLY get your chance to let loose on the fucker who hurt you!

...for free! (hell, her GoFundMe was what $1M?)

...with MILLIONS of people around the whole country cheering you on...

...and you know (already) you will get just as many threats, and calls, and boos, for saying just "one bad word" as you will if you go "tits out bat-shit" with evidence...

SO why, would you withhold ANYTHING you could throw, like your Physiatrists notes - unless they prove your story false? Why withhold ANYTHING at that point? What possible thing could be in those notes (except proof that you're lying - or worse)?

Honestly - what possible reasoning could you have for even writing the letter to Feinstein, unless you already have understood "This is ALL going to come out"? (and you are 100% prepared and ready for the shit-storm)?

And why the hell wouldn't you WANT to say it to his FACE. All those Nassar rape victims... you didn't hear one say "Oh no, I don't want to say it to his face!" They were like "HELL YES! I want to look him in the eye (finally) and tell him what a piece of crap he is!" (Because this is your ONE SHOT for closure. Your one time to let it out. And your brave enough to do all this here, live, before the world - TELEVISED... but you choose to not show all your evidence or face the man you say did this?)

no