The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

Damn! Dallas is playing the Giants like they play the Vikings on Sunday: dominant and explosive and winning.

But gotta work on those penalties. Over 13 penalties on Dallas so far. Most of them on the offensive line with false starts.
Yep. Penalties have been bad this year for us. A lot of fans will want to call bullshit on the refs, but yeah.. they need to get some discipline. The game was not as close as the score will say. That garbage time TD was just that. They need to keep their eyes on the ball these next three weeks. 3 weeks of trap games coming up: Colts, Texans, Jags. Everyone wants to circle the Eagles game after those.. but we got to bring our A game each week leading up to it. These next three weeks could pretty much put us in the Playoffs as a wildcard.
It will be sad if they were to lose to the Texans at home on 12/11. Houston is the worse team in the NFL with 1-8-1 record

Colts and Jaguars are currently 4-6 and 3-7.

Cowboys should not lose to them.
If they pick on our run defense, Colts could give a fight as well as the Jags.. but I agree.. we should not lose to either of those teams. We SHOULD be 11-3 when we face off with the Eagles.
God damn!

I expected Dallas (currently 9-3) to beat the Colts but not beat them 54-19.

Dallas caused 4 interceptions and a fumble resulting in one FG and four TDs.

33 of those 54 points were scored in the 4th quarter against 0 by the Colts.

Maybe THIS IS the season Cowboys finally win a Super Bowl after a 27 years drought (counting 2023 since Super Bowl is held in February).

Every NFC team will have to get past the Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs. Can the Cowboys do that?

Rest of the schedule, 5 games left.

Team standings are current for Week 13

14 Sun, Dec 11 vs Houston (1-10-1)

Better not lose to Houston, worst team in the NFL.

15 Sun, Dec 18 @ Jacksonville (4-8)

16 Sat, Dec 24 vs Philadelphia (11-1)

17 Thu, Dec 29 @ Tennessee (7-5)

18 Sun, Jan 8 @ Washington (7-5-1)
I was a bit worried how the first half went but 2nd half they came out hot. That defense was lights out. Dak and the offense was efficient. It was a good showing.

Out of the remaining games left, we should win for sure Texans, Jags and I feel Washington. The way Titans have been playing, that could be a win too but they do have King Henry. He hasnt looked so Kingly lately tho. Philly is going to be the real test. 13 - 4 is very possible.. I would be happy with 12-5.. given how everyone counted us out after week one, those records would be a great finish to the season.

Commies and Giants ending in a tie yesterday was possibly the funniest and best ending to a game. The dumb looks on both sidelines was golden
Mahomes cant seem to beat Burrows this year.. that was a good game.
OT should not end in a tie. If at the end of the OT time, it's tied. Then it's another OT. Keep playing until one team has 1 point over the other.
Sometimes neither team deserves to win. Ties from time to time reinforce that in my opinion.
I like college overtime rules. Maybe change it a bit for NFL, but similar style. Start on the opponents 30.. if your score a TD and extra point, other team has to match or go for 2.. if they are tied after first OT, then they have to get a TD and go for the 2 point conversion or something like that.

In playoffs, full 15 minutes, keep playing until we have a winner
OT should not end in a tie. If at the end of the OT time, it's tied. Then it's another OT. Keep playing until one team has 1 point over the other. Originally Posted by CG2014
That's why we have playoffs. No tie game in playoffs. I like the college OT rules. If NFL use similar to college OT rules that would eliminate frustration/luck scenario.

By the way Cowboys Defense was on fire yesterday. Very few penalties and they have improved that demon.The real test will be Phiily game in 3 weeks.
Cowboys are in wildcard as of now. Playoffs are not easy. Cowboys have been 1 and done in playoffs in the last few years.
I hope that's not the case this year. Hope for the best.
- GO COWBOYS GO -
Yup.. I agree with what you said Speedjet. If we can play like we did against the Vikings or the 2nd halves of the Giants and Colts games... we have a chance with anyone. We have to play like that the entire game though.. if we face off with the Vikings or the Eagles in the playoffs, we have to play the full 60 minutes. Cant let them stick around like we let the Giants and Colts.
49ers were scary... they might still be... but them losing JimmyG hurts them a lot. CMC is going to have to pick up some more load and that could be bad for him since he is already injury prone. He has been able to stay healthy so far, but if they ask him to do more... it will be interesting to see how they finish off the season.
That's why we have playoffs. No tie game in playoffs. I like the college OT rules. If NFL use similar to college OT rules that would eliminate frustration/luck scenario.

By the way Cowboys Defense was on fire yesterday. Very few penalties and they have improved that demon.The real test will be Phiily game in 3 weeks.
Cowboys are in wildcard as of now. Playoffs are not easy. Cowboys have been 1 and done in playoffs in the last few years.
I hope that's not the case this year. Hope for the best.
- GO COWBOYS GO - Originally Posted by Speedjet
Cowboys are looking good. I was impressed by tight coverage of the cornerbacks in the second half. Dallas should be the number #2 seed in the NFC with the injury to S.F. quarterback Jim G. Plus their first round draft pick from two years ago is out as well.
  • BLM69
  • 12-07-2022, 08:49 PM
Cowboys might actually make it further than other past years
It will be funny if the Cowboys lose to the 1-10-1 Houston Texans this Sunday.

Of course that has happened many times before in the NFL. A team on a winning streak getting upset by a winless team.
I’m just hoping they continue to hold the line on OBJ. If they can’t sign him to a deal that minimizes the impact to the salary cap if he can’t return to form, then don’t sign him at all.