Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

I appreciate MMA but I don't care about it, don't watch it and will stick to BOXING, which is why I started this thread...please don't let it slip into MMA topics...
Tonight's fights who you guys have ???
Also to add anyone think Briggs lying about not taking the offer to fight wilder we need the USA HW to come back
Also to add anyone think Briggs lying about not taking the offer to fight wilder we need the USA HW to come back Originally Posted by bangme1001
Propaganda?
So this is a MMA thread also? Anyways, what do you mean Northcutt had issues? Pfister wasted all his energy in that takedown and that's why he ended up losing. Now, that stand up was a questionable call. VanZant on the other hand does need more work. Originally Posted by Fishpie
He didn't look good for those 3 minutes when Pfister was on top of him. The ref standing them up seemed premature as well. Also, considering that Pfister really isn't that good, so if Northcutt is worth the hype, I think we were expecting more from him. He certainly has potential, but he's young and has a lot of room to grow as well.

I appreciate MMA but I don't care about it, don't watch it and will stick to BOXING, which is why I started this thread...please don't let it slip into MMA topics... Originally Posted by SNL9933
That's fine if you really prefer to keep this thread Boxing only. Since this thread really isn't all that active, I'd think you'd want more people talking in here, but we could easily take it all to a new "General Combat Sports Thread" or something if it matters to you that much.
He didn't look good for those 3 minutes when Pfister was on top of him. The ref standing them up seemed premature as well. Also, considering that Pfister really isn't that good, so if Northcutt is worth the hype, I think we were expecting more from him. He certainly has potential, but he's young and has a lot of room to grow as well.

That's fine if you really prefer to keep this thread Boxing only. Since this thread really isn't all that active, I'd think you'd want more people talking in here, but we could easily take it all to a new "General Combat Sports Thread" or something if it matters to you that much. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I agree....you make a good point....carry on
Boxing yahoo I used to love watching ..
[QUOTE=jbravo_123;1057630156]He didn't look good for those 3 minutes when Pfister was on top of him. The ref standing them up seemed premature as well. Also, considering that Pfister really isn't that good, so if Northcutt is worth the hype, I think we were expecting more from him. He certainly has potential, but he's young and has a lot of room to grow as well.

Yeah, considering Sage is a karate guy, he can't be put up against the best yet, ... Imagine if years ago GGG was put up to fight against the top guys before he gained all that experience. .. but it doesn't take away from his natural talent and hard work.

How much more did u want from Northcutt?
I agree....you make a good point....carry on Originally Posted by SNL9933
Speaking of mixing Boxing & MMA, did you guys see that Madison Square Garden has been booked both by the GGG promoter and UFC for the same weekend? Awkward...

[QUOTE=SweetDulce;1057640338]

Yeah, considering Sage is a karate guy, he can't be put up against the best yet, ... Imagine if years ago GGG was put up to fight against the top guys before he gained all that experience. .. but it doesn't take away from his natural talent and hard work.

How much more did u want from Northcutt? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
I'm not saying Northcutt is bad, but what I'm saying is that I believe that the UFC is pushing him and Van Zant way too hard given how relatively inexperienced they still are. As I said previously, I think they both have potential, but it remains to be seen if they can cut it long term and grow to become worth the hype.
The best of boxing every year on HBO always gives me hope for the dying sport. I used to watch boxing with the rents before I got into MMA (another topic I will stay off of to OP request.) My favorite fights to day will always be Arturo Gatti vs Micki Ward. THOSE were some damn slugfests.

I am glad to open a thread for MMA since I been watching UFC since Royce Gracie fought Akibono, Tank Abbot, and Ken Shamrock. Also cannot forget the Pride fighting...CLASSICS.

Cheers
I thought Cruz looked great in his comeback fight. It's pretty amazing how that guy can keep coming back after years off and injuries to perform as well as he does. I gave him 3-2 over Dilleshaw.

Anyone have any thoughts on the first discussions of a deal between Alvarez & GGG? Supposedly, Alvarez's team is wanting a 90-10 purse split for him, which if is true, is unfortunate for how greedy that is.
Start a MMA thread if you want to talk MMA. Cruz is done though. His legs are as reliable as RGIII's.

Anyways, I looked up what you said about the purse split because I was like no way someone would actually entertain that offer and fuck man you're right. De La Hoya is the one pushing for it. I'd put money on it the reason he's asking that is because he got front row seats to see what GGG can do and he knows Canelo will get destroyed. I guess he just wants to be compensated for a cash cow about to be sidelined.
Both men don't have a opponent nether lol...
May 7th....Canvelo vs. Khan....my money is on Canelo..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction
If this is a prep fight for a GGG match later in the year I won't dog him. If he doesn't fight GGG this year he's just going to follow in Gayweather's footsteps.