Did Texas "Re-open" too Soon?

Very different from me but if it works, it works.

I have a good friend who is on a plant-based diet. Yuck! I'm sure it is healthier than my diet but no thank you.

Good health to everyone!! Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I'm not on a "plant based" diet (if that means vegetarian).

I consume little beef. I eat chicken and fish . all baked/broiled.

With vegetables and fruit daily ... the latter laced with yogart.

Eating out is a challenge at times, which includes traveling and eating at friends' houses. But I'm there.

I have friends who are not.
Using Dallas Morning News numbers (1434 deaths, 51929 cases), the mortality rate (1434/51929= .0276) for Texas 2.76%.

Using Dallas Morning News numbers (1434 deaths, 51929 cases), the mortality rate (1434/51929= .0276) for Texas 2.76%.

Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
The "case" mortality rate. Not the "crude" mortality rate, which the other graphic represents. Please be specific.
I miss going to the gym, but I've now basically turned my basement to a gym. I'll regret buying all of this shit soon, but I don't care. Once things are at my comfort level, I'll just sell a lot of this shit for probably just pennies on the dollar and go back to the gym. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

Houses in dfw do not have basements.
They certainly do when you tear down a house and build your own...
They do when you build your own... Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

No, they do not.
You seem to care about my basement more than I do. Would it make you feel better if I said it was my 2nd living room even though I have to take the stairs to go down to get to it from my 1st living room? LOL
You seem to care about my basement more than I do. Would it make you feel better if I said it was my 2nd living room even though I have to take the stairs to go down to get to it from my 1st living room? LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
I know, right? 2 of his 29 total posts are about your God Damn basement, LOL..

the temperature checks.. what for? surely everyone knows by now that one can be asymptomatic for weeks and be a Carrier, and even those showing infection symptoms often don't have fever.
Which other graphic?
Please be specific.

Moot point. The number shown isn't a "crude mortality rate" anyway. It only uses one cause of death.

Since we were discussing the virus, my equation mentioned cases and the "crude" rate is for all deaths over the course of a given time period for a given geographical area and really has nothing to do with this, it is obvious which one I was referring to.

Sorry you were confused.

The "case" mortality rate. Not the "crude" mortality rate, which the other graphic represents. Please be specific. Originally Posted by eccielover
Houses in dfw do not have basements. Originally Posted by smokedog01
They certainly do when you tear down a house and build your own... Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
No, they do not. Originally Posted by smokedog01

yes, they do. but it costs more money due to the high level rock in Texas. it just costs more to excavate. i come from the Mid West. Louisville, KY to be exact. everyone had a basement there. my old house, my dad finished out the basement. added a huge rec room with a pool table to it. had many a great party there .. especially when me and my brother were in high school and we'd get the "risky business" use of the house when the parental units would go take a Corp paid week long tropical vacay .. er .. corporate retreat. lol.
I know, right? 2 of his 29 total posts are about your God Damn basement, LOL. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I've decided to call it my 2nd downstairs living room now because it sounds sexy. What sounds sexy about a basement? I'm changing the terminology now and making it sexy.

In all seriousness, I've stopped reading the news lately because I want some normalcy back in my life. All you read about now is Covid-19 and Trump. I'm bored and stuck at home like many but that shit gets exhausting pretty quickly. I keep track enough of the virus, but I stopped reading about it daily because I don't think it is healthy for people to do so. Be aware, but just don't be obsessed is how I look at it.

TWK, we were posting around the same time but I no longer have a basement. I now have a 2nd downstairs living room in my house. Fuck a basement because apparently they are impossible to have in DFW. LOL
You seem to care about my basement more than I do. Would it make you feel better if I said it was my 2nd living room even though I have to take the stairs to go down to get to it from my 1st living room? LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

I do not care about your basement because it does not exist. You edited your original reply to an even less likely scenario because of the logistics of putting a new structure on an existing basement, regardless of the location. I know this because my grandfather and uncle were home builders and I practically spent every summer shadowing them like a puppy on builds. Everyone on here accuses you of lying about everything and then you go and prove it.

I don't think Texas opened too soon as long as people continue social distancing protocols. Ive been doing that my entire life when I'm in public so I wont be impacted at all in the regard. Just no hookers or table dances until there is a vaccine.
Hey, smokedog!

Need a really delicious bone to chew on? Check out this thread!

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1939142&highlight=

Note particularly post #11, where someone said this:

Hmmm - Have you ever been to Dallas? There are no basements. Originally Posted by love2fishfork

Well, actually, yes. In fact, I have been to Dallas. Matter of fact, I was born there. Went to elementary school, junior high, and high school there. Worked there for an entire multi-decade career (40+ years). Other than that, I guess I haven't been to Dallas very often.

If you have just a minute, skim through the thread, as it's actually pretty funny. Has to do with facing a would-be burglar who hadn't figured on facing a homeowner with a Kimber Pro-Carry .45 auto in his hand! LOL
I do not care about your basement because it does not exist. You edited your original reply to an even less likely scenario because of the logistics of putting a new structure on an existing basement, regardless of the location. I know this because my grandfather and uncle were home builders and I practically spent every summer shadowing them like a puppy on builds. Everyone on here accuses you of lying about everything and then you go and prove it. Originally Posted by smokedog01
Do you feel better? I hope so because I feel your pain.

Do you mind letting me know what your other handle is so I know why you are so sassy about my basement because it is certainly not worth 10% of your posts in a few hours of your 30 posts in almost 7 years since your join date. Just come clean so I can know who has a hard on for me. Don't be scared. Just be honest. I don't give a fuck about anyone's basement but my own. Why do you care so much about my downstairs 2nd living room? LOL
He's got game!

Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
He nailed that one!