NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Papa Smurf is a Bronco now...
Now where will Timmy land? Originally Posted by Rubchasertx
Yup bye bye Tebow. Broncos have a real QB now.

Hmm maybe MIA get Tebow?... makes sense. Sort of

So now that Papa Smurf is now committed... What time is it???
MIA signing Timmy would be the ultimate FU to JAC. From what I have seen I think MIA has their heart set on Alex Smith.

I think JAC will make a run at Timmy but the reports about the Patriots landing him have a lot of credibility. After all it was McDaniels that drafted Tebow anyway. The Pats also have a lot of draft picks to dangle to the Broncos...
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I just wanted to add to the view/post count and quote two of the best posts in this thread

Peyton fucked up...he should have went to the 49ers with that BEAST of a DEFENSE with Davis, Moss, and Manningham to throw to

My money is on Tebow going to Jacksonville...IF, the Broncos don't keep him and let him learn under Peyton
I'm getting a hard-on thinking of the Broncos in the next Madden game ..i..
I just wanted to add to the view/post count and quote two of the best posts in this thread Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Thanks DED and the biggest concern for your Steelers remains.

.WHERE ARE PITS CHEERLEADERS??
  • Satin
  • 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Man, to show what kind of clout Manning has and the respect given to him, they are going to actually let him wear the RETIRED jersey of Frank Tripuka, the first QB in the 60's. Are you kidding me? Has anyone ever heard of a retired jersey being taken out of retirement for a current player?

I feel bad for Tebow. There is NO way they can keep him there. Man the first bad game or pick 6 Peyton has will bring out the "we want Tebow" chants...
Man, to show what kind of clout Manning has and the respect given to him, they are going to actually let him wear the RETIRED jersey of Frank Tripuka, the first QB in the 60's. Are you kidding me? Has anyone ever heard of a retired jersey being taken out of retirement for a current player? Originally Posted by Satin
I have playa...can't remember who, but I'll see if I can look it up

and I am the only mofo who's never heard of this Frank Tripuka dude
Man, to show what kind of clout Manning has and the respect given to him, they are going to actually let him wear the RETIRED jersey of Frank Tripuka, the first QB in the 60's. Are you kidding me? Has anyone ever heard of a retired jersey being taken out of retirement for a current player?

I feel bad for Tebow. There is NO way they can keep him there. Man the first bad game or pick 6 Peyton has will bring out the "we want Tebow" chants... Originally Posted by Satin

The Denver fans know that only Manning can get them to the promise land .....For Real.........and he doesn't have to kneel to get it done.......LOL

and I am the only mofo who's never heard of this Frank Tripuka dude Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Nope, there is at least one more. I saw him play in Jeppesen Stadium back in the early 60's. My Dad had season tickets!

If Manning can stay healthy, the Broncos will be hard to beat!

and I am the only mofo who's never heard of this Frank Tripuka dude Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I found a couple of instances. From what I found retiring a number is not as common in the NFL as I thought. Anyway, the Chefs brought Len Dawson's number out of retirement for Joe Montana, Seattle brought Steve Largent's out for Jerry Rice, the Niners let Isaac Bruce use Jerry Rice's retired number and Detroit let Pat Swilling wear Joe Schmidt's number.

Tripuka was the first American QB to throw for 3k yards and threw the first AFL TD pass. He had a short career but I think he got the credit for being first...
  • Trey
  • 03-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Tebow to the kittens? Heard some talking head say that would mess up gabberts development, that dude sucked balls last year. I don't see tebow really being an upgrade though.
  • Satin
  • 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Rub, thanks for the info. Although its been done a few times, it's not done very often. The point of retiring a jersey is to keep it retired.

Well looks like Miami just signed ex-Jag David Jarrard. But why?

Lmao at your comment Ike. But you better worry about your Cowgirls while you're talking shit....
Rub, thanks for the info. Although its been done a few times, it's not done very often. The point of retiring a jersey is to keep it retired.
Originally Posted by Satin

I agree completely. Just like Fav-Ruh should have stayed retired one of the times that he cried at a press conference.

On another note, a link for everybody that bought a Tebow Jersey last year:

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d827b3f...-tebow-jersey/
Nope, there is at least one more. I saw him play in Jeppesen Stadium back in the early 60's. My Dad had season tickets!
Originally Posted by bigtex
Damn BT!! Great memory!!

I went and looked it up.

The Denver Broncos played the Houston Oilers on Deceber 2nd 1962 at Jeppesen stadium. As an Oilers family y'all should have loved Tripuka. The Broncos came to town as the # 1 passing offense in the league after having edged the Oilers in Denver earlier in the year. Tripuka threw 8 INT's in the game losing to George Blanda and the Oilers 17-34 who secured the conference championship. Too bad the Oilers lost to the Cowgirls in the eventual AFL championship game.

I love the fricken internet. Makes rainout days soooooo much better.