Reviews: Greater impact than anything a lady can do on her own?

Found this in an old review and thought I'd submit it for discussion.

To me, posting every encounter that you have with a Provider, especially if she turns into your regular playmate, doesn’t add as much value to the boards. If a girl becomes a regular visit, she likely has great chemistry with you, or her illusion of passion works on you more than it does on others. That should be enough if you find one that you click with the best. I’m not saying my view is correct, simply stating what my opinion is.

[name] for whatever reason is a strong believer in getting reviews. She firmly believes that getting reviews has a much bigger impact on her business than anything else that she can do on her end.
Emphasis mine.

I'm pretty much in a three-girl holding pattern now, and enjoying every minute of it. I doubt that, though I post reviews of each session, they add much value to those who have read my previous reviews or seen the same ladies.

But I continue to write them for much the same reason that [name] above was a firm believer in them. I think the purpose of reviews is not only to help guys spend their money wisely, but to help send business to ladies who deserve it. I'll post a review tomorrow of a visit with someone in my rotation, not so much to convey any new information or details, but to make sure that prospective clients who aren't aware of her are made aware, and to remind guys who already know her name that she's worth a visit.

I'm particularly interested in opinions on the last quoted sentence. Thoughts?
I don't think multiple reviews from the same guy adds valuable information to other hobbyists, unless there is something different or new.

As for the girls, I don't know what value it adds, besides review count.

There might be a place though, if the reviews are spread way way apart.....

Finally, I repeat so much that if I did a review for every encounter, I would have less time for hobbying. I'm here for fun, not reporting...
I hear wat u saying Sir, but don't PIMPS do the same thing, promote a girls business, hate it when I see a john write 12 reviews on the same girl it's a "come on man" moment, you don't owe her shit but a donation, I advise you to get out of ur feelings for her or them n see someone else or join forces n make money instead if spending it
Reviews are for the guys and should be written for the guys. If she happens to benefit, so be it.
I appreciate the information I get on this site and I think every review has value, unless the reviewer is doing a "cut and paste" of the same review. Things change so quickly with providers, even with one individual, that I would expect some new information in each event. The key is for the reviewer to be detailed enough to reflect the variations.
I'd certainly rather have repetition than to give a reviewer the impression that their input was unwanted and lose the potential for something valuable. And i'd rather decide for myself what is valuable, so keep writing and give me the choice.
Recency effect dictates that you are correct. Your reviews, even though basically old news repeated, are valuable to those who have not read your last one. So carry on. New guys and the gals will continue to appreciate your effort.
I'll post a review tomorrow of a visit with someone in my rotation, not so much to convey any new information or details, but to make sure that prospective clients who aren't aware of her are made aware, and to remind guys who already know her name that she's worth a visit. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
As far as the reminder theory you suggest: For someone new, or if she's been away for a long period -- probably review > what she does on her own (website, showcase, ads, strategic participation in discussions, etc.). A lot of prospective clients are skeptical of what might be self-serving fluff and overstatement, and want some validation from a third party. But reviews are still not absolutely necessary. For someone who is well-established -- hard to tell for sure, but probably the utility to prospective clients and thus to her of an individual review has dropped dramatically and quite possibly review < what she does on her own. Some guys prowl reviews for ideas of who to see, and then check out her ads etc. to close the deal. Some guys prowl ads and discussions to make the initial choice, and then check reviews to make sure she has some.

The limitations of reviews:

chacun à son goût, so may not be helpful if by someone who doesn't have similar tastes/preferences. How much the reviewer enjoyed time with her tells me damned little about whether I will. (I can only think of one other guy of whom I would say the odds were 70% or better that if he really enjoyed time with her, so would I. And he didn't review often.)

Often poorly written and not very informative unless you have particular out-of-the-ordinary interests. (A detailed blow-by-blow account may be good wanking material, but in terms of information? Gee, she provides enthusiastic BBBJ, CFS, and kissing - just like 400 other ladies. It's helpful to eliminate ladies who don't provide the standard, but doesn't distinguish between those who do.)

Given "promoters" or guys trading reviews for discounts or assholes - how sure are you that the particular reviewer is credible? Hell, I don't even recognize 90% of the handles.

And it's still just one review out of many. If X doesn't review her, one of the other 20 guys she saw this month will. And if she has 50 reviews, collectively that offers some comfort to prospective clients, but any individual review has little independent value.

The limitations of what she can do herself:

May need to supplement with checking a few reviews at random - or maybe just check to see that she has a lot of "Yes" reviews without reading them.

And some ladies aren't sufficiently skilled, or aren't willing to invest the time, to promote themselves effectively.

I used to review a lot, for the same reason you mention. After awhile, I tired of it and made it known that I would review if the lady requested one but not otherwise (unless there was a problem). And very, very few indicated any interest in a review. (Some who did may just have thought, erroneously, that I would appreciate the ego-stroke of being asked.) Sure, that could be because my reviews were considered to be even less helpful than average. But it may mean that most ladies get along quite well whether or not any particular client reviews her. I suspect the latter is a big part of the answer.

My perspective/best guess -- YOMV.
When I first got on ECCIE I was without premium access, so I perused the non ROS portion of the reviews for links and menus. I decided on a provider, scheduled and ending up seeing her four times. The guy that reviewed her had done multiple reviews of her. If he hadn't written that one, I wouldn't have seen her because I was gong to play that day with someone else. The other girl I was considering had no repeat reviews in her profile and ending up being a headcase. I'm glad that guy chose to do multiple reviews.

No, multiple reviews from the same OP are not necessary, but the utility of them varies according to the tenures and perspectives of the hobbyists and providers. Newbies may benefit from more recent reviews than veterans. I think valid arguments can be made pro and con multiple reviews from the same OP. I'm not going to dissuade someone that is willing to contribute a review unless there is a compelling reason for doing so, and I grant those my exist in some situations. Chevalier makes some good points.
I'm surprised that no members of the fairer sex chose to opine.

Ladies, may I request your input?
Write a new review every 2-3 months.
  • modus
  • 05-20-2014, 03:48 PM
I find multiple reviews helpful depending on the author. There are some who are just garnering favors from a provider by advertising but I think others just write to capture the consistent quality of a provider.

I am leery of reviewers who have all yes reviews and all of their experiences are the greatest ever. There are some reviewers who frame the experience and can faithfully explain what kind of experience to expect with a provider.
Imho, multiple reviews from the same guy within a short timeframe, say two months, sounds more like promoting than informing and tends to lessen the credibility. Five good reviews from five different people carries more weight than if all five were from two guys. ijs
  • modus
  • 05-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Imho, multiple reviews from the same guy within a short timeframe, say two months, sounds more like promoting than informing and tends to lessen the credibility. Five good reviews from five different people carries more weight than if all five were from two guys. ijs Originally Posted by daty/o
I'm guilty of that. I posted a duplicate review for three providers because something new happened for me with them.
Brand vs Generic
We are renting a product , so to speak, and to some, how many reviews and how detailed they are may help determine what brand we choose. I may see just as many reviews on a watch from Timex as I would from Breitling, but im sure the quality of the review may be significant.
Write a new review every 2-3 months. Originally Posted by Alyssa Marie
Haha, simple and to the point. Sometimes that's needed.