How big a piece of the pie is Eccie?

In the 12 or so years I've been hobbying, I have always remained very private. No hobby friends, no socials, i stay out of SC's, and only a select few ladies that I became regular with. My knowledge of the hobby, therefore, has been obtained through my own narrow experience along with what I've gathered on the two boards I've been a part of (aspd and eccie). Even on the boards, I tend to stick to 1 or 2 forums (primarily the men's lounge these days), so, once again, my picture of the hobby is fairly narrow.

My question is, how big of a percentage of the hobby in dfw as a whole (I speak locally, as I know other boards dominate other cities) does the eccie population represent? Are most of the guys engaged in pay for play on here or at least aware of it, or is eccie just a small market niche in a much larger customer base? If its the latter, are the men not on here on other boards, or are those engaged in pay for play still for the most part not online, or a least not in the form of message boards?

Just curious. I'm sure the guys may have some knowledge about this, but I'd venture to guess that the providers would have the best perspective.

Biz
20%.

It's value is in the fact that the hobbyists are willing to be screened and the gals will provide the service we ask for.
I'd also like to know what piece of the market does P411 have? With over 500 providers (and growing), you'd think it would be large.
I can tell you, from my experience-- 95% of my business comes from a combination of Eccie and P411. The remaining 5% comes from Eraps, Horndogs, and TER. I don't advertise anywhere else so I am very dependant on the boards. I've tried using other advertising venues, but I'm just not comfortable with them.
A very subjective question, I am interested is seeing what the answers range into.

PPE
A very subjective question, I am interested is seeing what the answers range into.

PPE Originally Posted by PurplePussyEater
PPE,

Not trying to stir the pot here, I promise.

To everybody else,
In deference to the board, please do not turn this into a "which board is better" thread. I'm more interested in how many guys who hobby are on here. This question actually came to me the other day when a friend of mine made a reference that let on he might dabble in the hobby as well. Got me wondering what the chances are that he may be on here.
PPE,

Not trying to stir the pot here, I promise.

To everybody else,
In deference to the board, please do not turn this into a "which board is better" thread. I'm more interested in how many guys who hobby are on here. This question actually came to me the other day when a friend of mine made a reference that let on he might dabble in the hobby as well. Got me wondering what the chances are that he may be on here. Originally Posted by TheBizzer

+1 ... I've also wondered the same thing ... how many (if any) persons I know in my other world may be on here.
Definatly an interesting thread.
Being new myself, I have found a plethora of helpful info here. So much in fact, the thought of surfing around for a better and or more populated forum hasn't even crossed my mind. (other than P411 for screening, which I'm still debating about.) but the thought of friends or family also being here is intriguing...!!
Lol… -knock knock- Faceless Provider: "uumm, hi cuz…"
Yikes...
DFW is roughly 6.5 mil in size according to the 2009 census estimate. Almost 50% women. A study in 1990 suggested about .23% of the female population engages in full time (only source of income) prostution in the US. That would make about 7500 full time prostututes in the DFW area. That was based on 1990 when things were better. It also does not count part time sex workers such as strippers and part time prostitutes. Would guess another 15000 part time. That makes P411 at about 5% of the labor pool for DFW. I would guess that would make it one of or the largest single source for locating providers. But still a small piece of the pie. Adjust the number of sex workers up and its even smaller.

And, I would suppect that many P411 providers are not active or fulltime. That would apply here as well. WAG would be under 5% of DFW providers advertise on P411 or here
I don't really have any clue to your answer but I can tell you that since joining ECCIE this is the only place I go for info on providers. It is here with reviews and info in the ML that I make up my mind to which providers to see and which one not to. I have recently joined P411 but mainly to aid in getting screened.
If you want percentages, you need data. There are currently 385 showcases under "Dallas", which should be pretty close to the number of DFW providers registered.
What other actual numbers can we come up with?

I'd like to see some data on how the above number changes over time. How many new verifications, against girls going UTR, inactive, or banned.

The server logs for the site would also make for interesting reading. I know...
NERD. What can I say.
Interesting thread....

I figure a small part, lots of ladies never heard of this site. Same thing with men. Never heard of it at all.
I'd say about a third of my new clients come from here, around 10% come from P411 and the rest come from Back page, After Hours Central, ERAPS, and word-of-mouth. I have alot of repeat business, (over 80% of my clients are repeat visits), no matter where they come from.

I track my advertising effectiveness so I know where to focus my efforts.
That is an interesting question - and one that probably has no answer other than provider experiences.

I was actually "introduced" to eccie by a provider shortly after it started up. I quote that because she mentioned the site and her view of "I'm not too sure about it". I had been on P411 for a while and remembered her comment. I've seen her post since I arrived here but only in weekend lineup and dallas/ft worth. Where I went profile to profile on P411 (no forums), here I pay more attention to forum posts. Judging by the group that provider was around and their similar posting styles I'd say their eccie draw is lower than "active members".

So the question becomes - what kind of pie are we talking about? Active participating pie? Post ad pie? Or anyone pie? Try this again without utilizing P411 cooperation and watch your pie crumble. So many ways to view it.
A study in 1990 suggested about .23% of the female population engages in full time (only source of income) prostution in the US. That would make about 7500 full time prostututes in the DFW area. Originally Posted by Bubba3452
That seems like a large number to me (not saying its incorrect).

So where are the other 7,000 hiding out at?