Reading the ads?

• Alli
  • 10-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Just wondering if guys really do take the time to read the ads? I have had SEVERAL guys call me lately and ask or do things that my ad specifically say not to do. There are reasons why I say no texts or that I will not discuss certain things on the phone. Do most guys just look at the pics and then the phone # and disregard everything else? I have tried to write shorter ads, but still get the same kinds of calls. I'm really getting frustrated.
I just realized yesterday that I can read the first line from left to right and then from right to left on the way back for the second line and so on and not miss much at all.
If you miss anything , it really does not matter because by tomorrow, name, phone number, location, menu, and specials will all be changed.

I am sure it depends whom you ask as some archive and compare and remember all the changes over the years as others like me will mix up everthing.
It is not what we read. It is what we remember(or not).
  • Trey
  • 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Nope don't read any of it or not very much of it anyway. Most ads are long winded and have to much bullshit. Just look at pics and rates then call, honestly I check reviews for services provided.
I read the ads to find out who is out there . . .then think about if I would see them . . .then research their website . . .then go back to the ad to see if anything was missed (special availability or donation special etc.

Yeah, I DO read the ads.
Check the photos,,,the rates and decide to go in from there. The do's and dont's are pretty standard.
Check the photos,,,the rates and decide to go in from there. The do's and dont's are pretty standard. Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
I agree and do the same. Also like Trey I check reviews for services offered.
I've posted ads with just my name, pics, and phone number and gotten just as many calls... which tells me that hobbyist don't really care for the rest of it. It's just filling for us, fluffer to them.
what is that thing called "read", me like pictures...
depends on person, depends on length.
I read most of if not ALL of the ads to get price, physical description, menu, area of town and of course pics.

If you have a website, I check it out also. The guys who ask questions "outside" of your window are probably just "pushing it" to see if they can get something they want.
  • bbkid
  • 10-18-2010, 07:05 AM
I've posted ads with just my name, pics, and phone number and gotten just as many calls... which tells me that hobbyist don't really care for the rest of it. It's just filling for us, fluffer to them. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
Yup. Once again, Ms. Daphne is right on!!!
I read most of the add. If you did a survey though I think you would find that most don't. If you make a long post on here a lot of people will only read a few lines I'd bet.
I understand the part about not discussing certain things over the phone. On the other hand, you have to realize that we live in a day and time when people would rather text than call.

What I try to do is call for the initial appt. If we strike a good relationship after the initial meeting, then texting may be an option if the provider is cool with it.
I text only after the lady has given permission. Yes, I read all the ad...and save myself a lot of grief.
I've posted ads with just my name, pics, and phone number and gotten just as many calls... which tells me that hobbyist don't really care for the rest of it. It's just filling for us, fluffer to them. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
I think I'm going to give that a try. Most guys who have contacedt me admit they do not make it past the first sentence, the pics and my contact info.
I look at the ads and webpages with the UTMOST detail. I don't hobby often, so when I do I need that person to be attentive to detail. Simply marketing yourself properly doesn't take much effort at all, and lets me know who is sloppy with their work and who is not, especially when discretion matters most.

Ladies, take the time to market yourself properly. I'm not saying I'm high and mighty, but I think you will eventually attract a different set of guys. Take pride in your work.