McKeesport

Just one more reason to never go there for anything. Like I really needed one more reason.
I used to go there for business. It’s been bad for 25yrs.
When I started in the hobby an older guy told me stay away from all areas beginning with McKee and I'll live.
  • Devo
  • 03-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Well, I used to give towns, and neighborhoods ratings by the number of guns you needed to carry at one time, as well as whether Kevlar was needed as a fashion statement.

Mckeesport was a 2 gun, kevlar vest place, as well as Monessen, Homewood, the Norf Sayeed, Wilkinsburg, the Hill district, and most any other well developed Hood location, but those always stood out.

I usually carry a very small 380 or 9mm in my front pants pocket, but those places meant a 40 Glock went into my jacket pocket with my hand on it continuously.

Really bad places I carried a 45 in a shoulder holster as well, sometimes a little Colt 25 in an ankle holster.

If it was a gay neighborhood, I carried one in a fanny pack.
Well, I used to give towns, and neighborhoods ratings by the number of guns you needed to carry at one time, as well as whether Kevlar was needed as a fashion statement.

Mckeesport was a 2 gun, kevlar vest place, as well as Monessen, Homewood, the Norf Sayeed, Wilkinsburg, the Hill district, and most any other well developed Hood location, but those always stood out.

I usually carry a very small 380 or 9mm in my front pants pocket, but those places meant a 40 Glock went into my jacket pocket with my hand on it continuously.

Really bad places I carried a 45 in a shoulder holster as well, sometimes a little Colt 25 in an ankle holster.

If it was a gay neighborhood, I carried one in a fanny pack. Originally Posted by Devo
Oh, you’re such a tough guy.
I never really felt the need to be armed in any of those areas. Now fishing in bear country is a different story.
  • Devo
  • 03-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Yeah, tough, have a 12 year old yute pull a revolver on you, only because you are white, and have a job, and you start to understand just how tough you are.

Ever had a crack head lookout follow you around for an hour while you take measurements for a bid?

Ever come across a dead body while you are at work, and no, I am not a funeral director?

Ever find sawed off shotgun barrels and stocks in the dumpsters where you work?

Have you ever even worked in a location where a gunshot victim was found on average about once a week?

Yeah, I'm tough, I'm also alive, if it takes three guns and a Kevlar vest with ceramic inserts to stay that way, I'll gladly do it.
  • Devo
  • 03-15-2019, 04:13 PM
I never really felt the need to be armed in any of those areas. Now fishing in bear country is a different story. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Bluntly, less people die from bear attacks a year, than die from gunshot wounds in one of those neighborhoods alone in a year.

I'm not saying don't carry while hunting or fishing in bear country, but I can show you cases where the attacks happened so fast, no one had a chance to respond.

And, its tough to take a shot at a bear when your friends head is in its mouth, being dragged from a tent.

But to deny the fact that bad things happen, and to go there unarmed and most importantly unaware, is just asking for trouble to happen.

I had an aquaintance who was robbed at gunpoint, in the middle of the day in Homewood, they were parked, windows down on a main street and a guy walked up, asked for directions and then pulled a pistol from his hoodie and relieved both of their wallets.

Forewarned is forearmed.
I used to do service calls in all of the aforementioned areas, agree with Devo wholeheartedly. Since it's a hobby, ya don't have to be there, so just stay away. There are other options, just not as many. The last girl that I saw was saying that the hobby is in such a sad state right now...
Bluntly, less people die from bear attacks a year, than die from gunshot wounds in one of those neighborhoods alone in a year.

I'm not saying don't carry while hunting or fishing in bear country, but I can show you cases where the attacks happened so fast, no one had a chance to respond.

And, its tough to take a shot at a bear when your friends head is in its mouth, being dragged from a tent.

But to deny the fact that bad things happen, and to go there unarmed and most . Originally Posted by Devo
Pssst Devoid,
I was raised next to Beltzhoover, and Mt. Oliver.
I've fished in some remote areas with only a dog(s) and a sat GPS.
Aside from my ultimate fate I'm pretty well prepared for most situations.

Thanks for mansplaining things though.
If you were from that area, that explains why you are one tough cookie.
Do bears carry guns?
If I ever see a bear with my friends head in its mouth, I'll know I stumbled into the wrong kind of club.
I had an aquaintance who was robbed at gunpoint, in the middle of the day in Homewood, they were parked, windows down on a main street and a guy walked up, asked for directions and then pulled a pistol from his hoodie and relieved both of their wallets.

Forewarned is forearmed. Originally Posted by Devo