Missing Texas🇨🇱 +tiny rant. Lol.

I've been on the road for awhile now and I'm starting to get a little home sick. Lol.
It happens just on little stuff.
For example, I went out to eat last night. Asked for Dr Pepper... 😑They don't have dr pepper. Only Mr Pibb.🧐 Idk who this Pibb person is but he sucks. I prefer my DR! Lol. But honestly pibb sucks.
Mind you this is the 2nd state to tell me they don't have dr pepper..
Like what in tarnation 🤯
But that's not all! Lol. Us Texans are just way more friendly. Which honestly, doesn't really surprise me.
Oh and the driving! Smh. Maybe I'm just used to the crazy dallas traffic and the crazy drivers it comes with but I tell you what. Lol. The more north/west I get, the worse it gets. People seem to have gotten their license out of a cracker jack box! Lol.
And when I wear my cowgirl boots, I get funny looks. Lmao. I always just tell them I'm from texas then they nod their head and smile as if it all makes sense now.
I've always been proud to be a Texan and always will be! And the longer I'm away, the more I appreciate it.
With that being said, I'll be home soon! Lol.
I've been on the road for awhile now and I'm starting to get a little home sick. Lol.
It happens just on little stuff.
For example, I went out to eat last night. Asked for Dr Pepper... 😑They don't have dr pepper. Only Mr Pibb.🧐 Idk who this Pibb person is but he sucks. I prefer my DR! Lol. But honestly pibb sucks.
Mind you this is the 2nd state to tell me they don't have dr pepper..
Like what in tarnation 🤯
But that's not all! Lol. Us Texans are just way more friendly. Which honestly, doesn't really surprise me.
Oh and the driving! Smh. Maybe I'm just used to the crazy dallas traffic and the crazy drivers it comes with but I tell you what. Lol. The more north/west I get, the worse it gets. People seem to have gotten their license out of a cracker jack box! Lol.
And when I wear my cowgirl boots, I get funny looks. Lmao. I always just tell them I'm from texas then they nod their head and smile as if it all makes sense now.
I've always been proud to be a Texan and always will be! And the longer I'm away, the more I appreciate it.
With that being said, I'll be home soon! Lol. Originally Posted by Cheyenne Ryder

You may want to head over to the Dr. Pepper museum as soon as you can, because:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/d...lionth-visitor

Oh, and P.S. Nice ass.
Ooh I think I might be home just in time for that! Lucky me

And thank you. c(;
No place like Texas!
I have a friend that moved out of state, and she always heads straight for TexMex food when she comes in town! Says there is nothing like it anywhere else!
I have a friend that moved out of state, and she always heads straight for TexMex food when she comes in town! Says there is nothing like it anywhere else! Originally Posted by leslie@nn
I know a few people that head straight to Whataburger when they find their way back home to Texas or come visit from outta state lol
Cheyenne,your thread made me laugh,"who is this Pibb person"funny
Cheyenne,your thread made me laugh,"who is this Pibb person"funny Originally Posted by lupegarland
I agree. That was pretty good! lol
Love your post. Could not agree more about Mr Pibb. I was in a car dealership in MCKINNEY Tx and they only had Mr Pibb. Told them their image to me wentbdown a notch. They actually went out and got me a Dr Pepper. Have to load uuur trunk with Dr Pepper on your next road trip.
When I got home from overseas when I was in the military, the first meal I ate was Tex-Mex. And it wasn't even lunchtime yet! That's how much I missed it.
Update: I found dr pepper at the gas station. Thank god! Lol.
& Yes i Definitely miss my texmex too!!
There's no place like home! And I can't wait to get back, that's for sure!!
You will also start to miss "real" good chicken fried steak out on the road. Way back when I would stay in corporate apartments and cook my own CFS when I went through withdrawals.
I always notice the Driving in other states, mostly how SLOW people drive in many other areas. Notably Oklahoma, Arkansas, and New Mexico have the slowest drivers. I was told OK and AR have very strict rules and law enforcement there.

OTOH - driving in Germany is the BEST. Everyone is super attentive to the rules, and when the Autobahn opens up to go as fast as you can....well, that explains my Avatar, as I lived there for 3 years and loved it.
Many places get discounts for giving Coke company an exclusive. So that place can only serve Coke products. Mr. Pibb last I checked was one of their products they market as tasting like Dr. Pepper. You will occasionally find a place that does not carry Coke for same reason and will try to talk you in to a Pepsi.
Less crowded roads in AR and OK make speeding cars stand out more except in Little Rock. And many of those smaller town make a portion of their budget off fines. So bad in some areas they had to pass a law limiting how many tickets they could hand out.