Help any form

Hello fellow eccie members,
This is where the moderators advised I post this information. As of last Monday, I was informed my son was in need of a life saving bone marrow transplant. I am a match to his bone marrow. He was diagnosed with a rare auto immune disease called neutrapenia. My insurance does not cover the expense of this surgery. I for the first time in my life am asking for any help you could provide. I have been a long standing member here and on the board before this one. I am not a person who asks for help, however this is my whole world. Anything you could send or contribute would be very much appreciated. I hope the eccie members I know and love are truly as generous as I believe. The surgery will cost an estimated 180,000. I personally have exhausted my families resources and we are reaching out to any assistance even if its a gift of 5 dollars. I am truly pleading for my sons life and mine. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

You can email me at Brittney@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
Brittney
  • Tetas
  • 07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm very sorry for your son and pray for a good ending to this.
Set up a paypal or something that can be donated to anonymously and I'm in.

Once again, all the best prayers and wishes.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home

This is pretty easy to setup...Just need a bank account to link to the paypal account you create. Good Luck Brittany
I have a green dot already set up that you can send via a reload card. I am working with a lawyer to set up a fund for him now. I will set up a paypal as as I can. Stay tuned.
Awww I'm so sorry Brittney. Hope all turns out well.
Oh my hun. I'm so sorry for your situation - but hopefully, this will help him and make you both stronger afterwards.

Also, check with the Children's Hospitals - they have so many charities and they helped cover the difference for a procedure my youngest needed - that insurance didn't cover all of it. Even some of the churches in the area may have a "need based" medical assistance program.
You never know until you ask.
Have you talked to Scottish Rite hospital? Or St. Jude? I know you are overwhelmed, scared, stressed and exhausted but there has to be some hospitals/agencies to reach out to as well as this community.
Brittney,

Did your insurance company provide you with a reason they could not cover the surgery? By any chance, are they saying the procedure is experimental based on your son's diagnosis?

Best Wishes,
Fritz
Its not experimental based on diagnosis, but it is highly unusual for it to be the first treatment option. Has this been a long term condition or was he just recently diagnosed?
In addition-- if you need any help wading through all the medical jargon, let me know. Hematology is one of my pet subjects.
I have checked options. the medicaid he is on feels that the surgery is a 60% recovery option for this disease. so thus they wont pay for it. I dont care if I loose everything. I am willing to make him better. Thanks for the kind words. This all started due to an anafalactic shock reaction to a scorpion bite while at boyscouts. He then had reaction to eppy given then reaction to counteractive meds. He has always had a slight brittle bone syndrome they are now contributing to the neutripinia. I know this will work he is a fighter and has been a trooper thru this all. We are trying to get funding thru outside sources like churches and st judes and several other with the hospital staff. I don't even care if I owe for the rest of my life to someone else as long as I can make this happen. His only option is this surgery or he will eventually die of even the common cold. Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts and any monetary donations can be made soon to the trust, in the mean time if you want to send anything contact my email• thanks
From the St. Jude's site, his physician must contact them at 1-866-2STJUDE (1-866-278-5833) or by e-mail referralinfo@stjude.org.

I was incorrect about Scottish Rite, from glancing at their website it would appear they are more centered on orthopedics in children.
I think when you are in desperate need, sometimes you might think outside the box. Have you considered a marriage to someone with insurance? I know for a federal employee insurance member...it would not matter if your son was sick prior to being in the plan. I don't know if this is way off base...but I'm just trying to think of options. My thoughts are with your son and you. Believe me...I understand what you are dealing with.
I see your showcase says "THIS PROVIDER IS NOT OFFERING ANY CURRENT SPECIALS."

Some specials would show your sincerity in earning.

I do hope things turn out okay with your son.
I see your showcase says "THIS PROVIDER IS NOT OFFERING ANY CURRENT SPECIALS."

Some specials would show your sincerity in earning.

I do hope things turn out okay with your son. Originally Posted by BarebackLover

That's awfully big of you bareback!! uncool!!