Transitioning Out Of The Hobby

I was talking the other night with a Good Friend, about when the time came for her to exit the hobby. When the time does come for you to exit the hobby, do you ladies have a transition plan in mind? Are you planning a gradual decrease in your participation in boards, placing ADs, and the number of guys you see per week or month? How long do you think it would take you to make that transition back into regular everyday life of not thinking about the hobby?

This is all contigent on ladies that don't have to see clients UTR for alittle extra money here and there.
Im sure this will not be the same for all providers. I am single with no kids. so I can just pack up my little turtle shell and blow along with the wind.

If I were to transition out the hobby, it would not be that hard. I do have a plan. A fairly simple one. Participation on boards will decrease, as well as ads, and the guys I see.

The transition would be fairly quick. I think I will always think about the hobby, I do not think a provider will ever stop thinking about the hobby. though doing and thinking is two totally different things. Lol.

Once I stop, I stop (I think). For the moment providing is an adventure for me, im living a life outside the box. Once Im ready for a new adventure i'll be moving on.

I was talking the other night with a Good Friend, about when the time came for her to exit the hobby. When the time does come for you to exit the hobby, do you ladies have a transition plan in mind? Are you planning a gradual decrease in your participation in boards, placing ADs, and the number of guys you see per week or month? How long do you think it would take you to make that transition back into regular everyday life of not thinking about the hobby?

This is all contigent on ladies that don't have to see clients UTR for alittle extra money here and there. Originally Posted by shorty
Im sure this will not be the same for all providers. I am single with no kids. so I can just pack up my little turtle shell and blow along with the wind.

If I were to transition out the hobby, it would not be that hard. I do have a plan. A fairly simple one. Participation on boards will decrease, as well as ads, and the guys I see.

The transition would be fairly quick. I think I will always think about the hobby, I do not think a provider will ever stop thinking about the hobby. though doing and thinking is two totally different things. Lol.

Once I stop, I stop (I think).
For the moment providing is an adventure for me, im living a life outside the box. Once Im ready for a new adventure i'll be moving on. Originally Posted by lisa.lisa0302
Since I have worked a normal job while doing this before I don't think the transition will be that hard. It's not like I don't know any better.
Also, an exit plan is key if you're in this industry. Once I graduate and have a secure job I'll probably still do this on side as long as I wasn't in a relationship or pregnant.
I will never forget about it and probably think about it a lot at first but I'm sure once I got pre-occupied with other things I'd slowly drift from it.
I also wouldn't tell anyone I was quitting or leaving. I'd just disappear slowly. Less attention the better.
Since I have worked a normal job while doing this before I don't think the transition will be that hard. It's not like I don't know any better.
Also, an exit plan is key if you're in this industry. Once I graduate and have a secure job I'll probably still do this on side as long as I wasn't in a relationship or pregnant.
I will never forget about it and probably think about it a lot at first but I'm sure once I got pre-occupied with other things I'd slowly drift from it.
I also wouldn't tell anyone I was quitting or leaving. I'd just disappear slowly. Less attention the better. Originally Posted by Shayla
Perfect Exit Strategy!
I tried to quit and work for someone else. It did not work. I couldn't work for ANYONE else. If I were to leave the hobby, I'd have to run my own business. It's a big smack in the face going from $300 an hour to $20 an hour ANd having to answer to someone else even. Big wakeup call.
I tried to quit and work for someone else. It did not work. I couldn't work for ANYONE else. If I were to leave the hobby, I'd have to run my own business. It's a big smack in the face going from $300 an hour to $20 an hour ANd having to answer to someone else even. Big wakeup call. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
So are you saying your addicted to the money and will probably do this for a long while? I know a lot of people that would be more than happy to make 20-25 hr and have that constant paycheck every week. Running your own business is a big challenge and the money isn't that great when you take out all the expenses and overhead. Your still not going to make $300 an hr as a business owner unless your a lawyer, specialized dr., or something similiar. So to supplement your income, would you still provide assuming you don't get back into a relationship?
I don't even know why you took my post the way you did.

So are you saying your addicted to the money and will probably do this for a long while? Originally Posted by shorty
NO. Actually the end date is near.

So to supplement your income, would you still provide assuming you don't get back into a relationship?
No. I will not. Providing is not addicting. The money is not addicting to the point I get stupid and forget my personal goals. My goal is to own my own business. You do not know the business I'm getting into so how do you know it won't pay me $300 an hour or close?
Naomi. . . I had to give you a hard time since your not on vacation.
Naomi. . . I had to give you a hard time since your not on vacation. Originally Posted by shorty
That's ok .