Why do some providers sometimes travel

I met with a provider a recently. She said shes from New York. I asked her why in California but she really didn't answer. I also see that some providers post in parts of the forum and say "I am in Dallas for 3 days", "I am in Los Angeles for 2 weeks". I have been seeing this more and more. Why do these providers travel miles from home?
New Faces has always been a thing in the hobby world ...it was a decade ago when I started and still is.

Flavor of the week, month , year etc

Variety is the spice of life

Some ladies travel cause they raise rates and just bang it away Maine ladies travel cause business slows down certain times of the year in this business especially if you don’t have regular clientele to help sustain you during slow periods or you don’t know how to keep marketing yourself and staying relevant in this industry
I have an ex gf that's a provider and she would kill it going out of town for weekends. If you live in an area like a fayetteville, nc where market prices are super low because of drug infestation then it's a hard sell to charge someone 5x or 6x of the dozens of walkers and trap ladies. To Analese's point
To analeese's point new location new face gets new attention
I'm surprised more people from Dallas dont travel to ft hood, ft sill, and ft sam on military pay weekends.
I'm surprised more people from Dallas dont travel to ft hood, ft sill, and ft sam on military pay weekends. Originally Posted by thewoodthatcould
They do actually but I imagine have their regulars and such they see and message privately
There used to be something called The Circuit, a loose confederation of madams around the country that hosted traveling providers for up to a week at a time. If you were a regular "reader" of one of the top two gentlemen's magazines back in the 80s and 90s, you'd recognize some of the names. (And, in Houston, at least, the going rate then was about what you'd pay for several of today's highly thought-of Dallas providers!)

The Circuit offered is clients variety. By doing so, demand was higher than it otherwise would have been with the same collection of local talent, a win-win situation for clients and providers. It also afforded some women the opportunity to work in places where there was almost zero chance of them being recognized or found out.

Back in the days of the TSML, it was not uncommon for some of the ladies mentioned therein to go on the road for a week or weekend. They made new friends and, again, enjoyed higher demand for their services since they were fresh talent who wouldn't be around for long.

To some extent, the same rationales still apply. A girl with an ECCE or P411 presence probably doesn't have the same concerns about recognition, although that's a big reason you find girls from the other side of the Metroplex or the Red River dancing in clubs. And sometimes a girl wants a change of scenery, and takes a "working vacation." Not having been anywhere except work, Bucks and home in two years I wouldn't mind three days in a Residence in Shreveport.

But I think the main rationale is sill the same: A traveling provider is new to the area and there for a limited time. If her reputation preceeds her, she'll be in higher demand over the period of the visit than she would be at home.
As an "almost full time" traveler I can say my situation

I have always been a gypsy soul....and have lived in many places.. therefore I have alot of repeat friends all over the US..so that means traveling to see them...it is fun and I make a good living traveling around to revisit with them
I go to my home base couple weeks out of the month to recoup/relax and sometimes do a few appts to maintain my income
I tour once a month just to see new and old friends
it's well worth my time away from home ..

Wish I was a gypsy soul.. like Dallas
Because everyone want to get away for a bit. Hell if I could go to another city, take a little vacation and make a little cash off the local population I would, wouldn’t you? At $300 a visit you don’t have to meet many locals to have your entire trip paid for and then some.
I am an old chick so no kids at hjome...they all live close and so when I am home they bring the grandkids over and we enjoy that time together.
My dream is to win the lottery and travel 100% fulltime..playing w my gents along the way!
This topic has to be one of the stupidest questions ever for a thread starter!

Uhh duh, why do traveling salespeople travel?