Life's Hard (sometimes)

I'm starting to have trouble keeping my erection going and reaching a happy ending. At my last checkup, forgot to ask my doc about little blue pills or other medicinal solutions. (I'm having trouble remembering and getting wood ... sheesh.)

Are there any safe over-the-counter options that might make the little man more of a marathon man?
Go back and see your doc. There are many treatable medical problems that can cause erectile dysfunction. It's always better to treat the underlying cause that to simply patch up the symptom.
Age, medications, and diet can all play a factor. Remember you hit your physical prime at 19. Now you have to use your mind. GNC sells vitamins for overall health and sexuality. They contain a package of 5 or 7 pills. They both contain "horny goat weed".
If I may ask, how old are you? See your doctor before taking anything. There are a number of reasons for this common issue. Other meds, High Blood preasure, T count, and so on can all affect getting, maintaining, or being able to finish. Even the blue pills can cause you to not be able to complete

In my case, (age 57) the pills worked at first then stopped. Turns out a 2ed doctor found that my T level was at the bottom of normal. Been taking testostarone for a couple of months and problem is almost gone.

Bottom line there are solutions but its always safer to consult with a doctor or 2 first. Might be a symtom of a bigger problem.
Speaking from experience, I'm 58, all the OTC products I've "experimented" with led to other issues, i.e. elevated blood pressure, sweaty palms and feet, cotton mouth, etc with limited results. There are side effects to the three major ED drugs too but the resulting erection lasts much longer though there have been times when it was difficult to cum. My personal recommendation is talk to your doctor. Somewhere in the Co-Ed or Men's Lounge forum there is a long thread on this topic, just can't find it right now.
One word.......Postivac........... .
I cant imagine how it must feel to go through this....

Go to the doc and be better off safe then sorry!
definitely ask your dr about test injections...i have a few clients that are on that and they have nothing but positive things to say about it.
Dittos on underlying health problems. Don't ignore that. I know a lot of guys have dropped a few pounds with terrific results. Dropping the weight also cures maladies like sleep apnea, etc. But your doc can give you better advice than I can.
Check back with the doc. OTC things can sometimes contain ingredients that will not work well with other medications. There are lots of options with the doc, and he might fix something underlying where you won't need the blue pill.
(I'm having trouble remembering and getting wood ... sheesh.) Originally Posted by Toolman54
Sounds like LOW T, which 39% of men mid 30-40's have...I would suggest getting a full blood panel to check your Test levels, Estradiol Levels, and Thyroid...

And FYI- Most GP's are WAY TOO tentative to prescribe the correct TRT protocol...but Test injections will definitely help...you just need to educate yourself on it and insure that your protocol is aggressive and has Anti-Estrogen and HCG (keeps your body producing natural test and keeps your balls plump)
There are all sort of OTC options, none of which seem side-effect free. Age, weight, high blood pressure, low-testosterone, diabetes, etc... can all create issues re a satisfactory erection. You can get online and buy lots of stuff, allof which are being hustled by people that don't give a rats ass about anything but your money. Some of them are downright dangerous to your health.

Go to your doctor and seek help. Sure, it's cheaper to seek out a diagnosis on Eccie..could be low-t..maybe its high blood pressure...maybe you're blood sugar is spiking...maybe a stool softener will do the trick..but unless the person offering a diagnosis is a physician it's not worth listening to or the pain it can cause. If he's a real doctor (unlike the people that claim they're "medical professionals" which doesn't mean shit) he'll at least offer you some safe options and explain possible medical side-effects. Even the prescriptions he can offer can cuse your face to flush, heart to beat faster, etc...so weight your pros/cons before you make a choice. Someone mentioned injections and they're out there too. They're usually a papaverine-based prescription that'll require you to inject your penis before you plan on sex. Be prepared for having a hardon that'll last off and on for at least 3 hours. If sticking a needle in the base of your dick sounds unsettling that's the price you have to pay for a hardon so get ready.
There are all sort of OTC options, none of which seem side-effect free. Age, weight, high blood pressure, low-testosterone, diabetes, etc... can all create issues re a satisfactory erection. You can get online and buy lots of stuff, allof which are being hustled by people that don't give a rats ass about anything but your money. Some of them are downright dangerous to your health.

Go to your doctor and seek help. Sure, it's cheaper to seek out a diagnosis on Eccie..could be low-t..maybe its high blood pressure...maybe you're blood sugar is spiking...maybe a stool softener will do the trick..but unless the person offering a diagnosis is a physician it's not worth listening to or the pain it can cause. If he's a real doctor (unlike the people that claim they're "medical professionals" which doesn't mean shit) he'll at least offer you some safe options and explain possible medical side-effects. Even the prescriptions he can offer can cuse your face to flush, heart to beat faster, etc...so weight your pros/cons before you make a choice. Someone mentioned injections and they're out there too. They're usually a papaverine-based prescription that'll require you to inject your penis before you plan on sex. Be prepared for having a hardon that'll last off and on for at least 3 hours. If sticking a needle in the base of your dick sounds unsettling that's the price you have to pay for a hardon so get ready. Originally Posted by txcwby6
Great post! You bring up lots of good info...