Question on Rule #20

#20 - The men and women of our board each have their respective private areas in which secure content is posted and a greater freedom of expression allowed. Each member is responsible for keeping the information in any of the private secure areas (Men's Lounge, Provider Powder Room, The Rest of the Story, posts which have been tagged as private) 100% restricted to the members who are intended to have access to that material. Revealing ANY content which was posted in one of the men's or women's private sections of the board will result in penalty, up to and including loss of your access to these areas. Full cooperation may result in a less severe penalty, and each violation will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Repeated infractions will impact the severity of punishment.
Does this rule forbid a gentleman from sharing with a provider the ROS content he wrote in a review of her? Not private content of any follow-up posts or posts in restricted non-review areas such as the locker room, just the entirety of the original posted review.
  • Vyt
  • 01-27-2012, 09:08 AM
It does indeed forbid that, and we take action against it whenever it can be proven that such has occurred.
That is a question a Mod would have to answer. In my opinion, what I say to a provider about MY personal experience, (not yours or anyone else), is between me and the provider. If I feel the service provided to me is superior I will probably share with her something similar to what I would say in a Rest of The Story Review. Likewise if I was disappointed. The key is, I am sharing with her MY opinion....not another clients private ROS comments.

(To clarify.....my comments would be verbally spoken to her probably before departure.....not actual written ROS comments.)
To expand on vyt's comment, we know that this information gets shared and not always by the reviewer with the reviewee!!!

Where our members run into issues is if they take information that they are not suppossed to have and use it openly. An example:
Hobbiest A has a session with Provider B and she is magnificient! He comments that he is surprised and wonders why Hobbiest B did not have as much fun with her. She asks what he means and Hobbiest A share some details of a Men's Lounge Review of Provider A. Provider A is incensed and sends Hobbiest B a PM asking him WTF. He reports this to Staff and then action must take place against those that violated the sanctity of the respective private areas.

On the other hand, if Provider B listens to Hobbiest A and then says to herself that Hobbiest B wouldn't know a good thing if it hit him over the head and life goes on, then no action would be taken because we wouldn't know it had even happenned.

Bottom line, we should not share info from the Private Areas, but if and when it is shared it is wise to keep it to oneself, otherwise it can cost you a Vacation.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
So then it sounds like if I provide feedback to a provider that is substantially similar to what I wrote in the ROS, then I am at risk of getting whacked? OK, now I know. So I need to use significantly different words and phrases so there is a question in the provider's mind about my trustworthiness when she hears/learns what I wrote didn't match what I told her about the visit? I'm going to have to think about how to do that.

I certainly approve of and agree with the general intent of the policy. I wish there were an approved way to let the provider know how I felt about the visit without doing something wrong, or waiting for her to find out from some unauthorized source. Maybe there is just too much room for a grey area there for a workable solution to be found.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rover,

This issue has come up before. There are no rules that prohibit what you share with a provider PRIOR to posting here, but once info is here, the distribution thereof is limited and protected.

When I first started, I ocassionally ran my ROS statements by the lady in question PRIOR to posting, to see if she had any comments/questions or concerns with what I planned on putting out there for the community to see.

On one ocassion, the lady asked that I not share something, as it was a YMMV event and she did not want other hobbyists to expect/anticipate that. Much better to deal with up front, than later, from my perspective. Certainly did not change what I wrote about the overall experience or the recommendation. (In that case, we spent some OTC time at dinner. Not her norm, and we ended up hanging out OTC for several hours. I can certainly see the harm in putting that in a review).

I just made sure that if I shared my draft comments up front with a lady, that I did not do so through the board, and that she knew they were subject to change and once posted, were "protected" information.

I hope that helps.

Respectfully,

OldSarge
  • ztonk
  • 01-27-2012, 01:33 PM
There are no rules that prohibit what you share with a provider PRIOR to posting here, but once info is here, the distribution thereof is limited and protected. Originally Posted by OldSarge
This is the distinction I was going to add, thanks Sarge!

ztonk
AustinModStaff
How about when the provider asks, "Why did you give me a no recommendation?" and you say, "because you had a dirty incall, and your pimp knocked on the door halfway through the appointment."

You mentioned this stuff in the review. Have you crossed the line?

"Did you put that in your review?"

"Yes."

Does this cross the line now?
GG you of course know the correct answer to your question.

I love it when you are rhetorical. The "yes" answer to the second question crosses the line indeed. It has to. The correct response to the second question would be no comment.

The answer to the first question I think is okay.

Of course this is "perfect life" not "real life."

The release of ROS information on the public board is bad enough. I think the stemming of that tide is more important than this thread albeit both are of concern.

A BIG shout out to OldSarge---Hey OldSarge!

-Boog
Thanks for the input. I'm going with the Sarge's suggestion. Then the time stamps on emails or private messages to the provider will be useful in proving my properly skating the edge of Rule #20 in the future if needed. I think it is useful for a provider to have a clue how I perceived the adventure. She may be projecting something she doesn't intend, or may not have noticed something in her surroundings that registered to me or some other guest.

Happy Hobbying!
How about when the provider asks, "Why did you give me a no recommendation?" and you say, "because you had a dirty incall, and your pimp knocked on the door halfway through the appointment."

You mentioned this stuff in the review. Have you crossed the line?

"Yes."

Does this cross the line now? Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I have yet to see an answer to your questions...

sixx
  • ztonk
  • 01-27-2012, 04:38 PM

You mentioned this stuff in the review. Have you crossed the line? Originally Posted by GneissGuy
No. You two spent time together, it is reasonable to assume you might talk about the experience afterward.

"Yes."

Does this cross the line now? Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Strictly speaking, yes, but there is enough plausible deniability there to say she could have assumed those things would be in the review based on your previous discussion with her. (Of course, if she states that you told her, that would be a definite yes.)

ztonk
AustinModStaff
  • onei
  • 01-27-2012, 07:10 PM
This is the reason I don't post reviews anymore. During the ASPD days, I had a session with a lady in Houston and asked if she knew about ASPD (I found her on Craigslist). She said no so I opened my computer, logged on and wrote my review in her presence. I made the mistake of stating such in the review since she was getting a bad rap from one guy on ASPD. Sh*t hit the fan and I was banned without a chance to explain. Fine with me. I'm a big boy. I got a new handle and just remained silent from that point on. I don't feel I crossed the line by only allowing her to see MY review of HER. Of course, there was no way to offer a defense since they went ballistic but as the same time, I can also understand the concern. My take, I just don't kiss and tell anymore. I don't need the drama, don't care about any status, and am big enough and smart enough to do my own homework before taking a dive.
No. You two spent time together, it is reasonable to assume you might talk about the experience afterward.

Strictly speaking, yes, but there is enough plausible deniability there to say she could have assumed those things would be in the review based on your previous discussion with her. (Of course, if she states that you told her, that would be a definite yes.)

ztonk
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by ztonk
To add to ztonk's comments. Knowing information that is in an area that you do not have access to is not in and of itself a penalty (after all we can't read minds!!) but acting on information that you have from a priveledged source is what gets most in trouble. What usually causes problems is not a discussion about a review that you wrote about a lady and she gets upset because of something that you tell her about what you wrote, but when a WK gives info about what someone else writes or says about a lady and she then calls the OP on what he wrote.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
  • ztonk
  • 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
This is the reason I don't post reviews anymore. During the ASPD days...

...Sh*t hit the fan and I was banned without a chance to explain. Originally Posted by onei
Let me point out that this is not ASPD and it would be damn near impossible to get banned over writing a review here. There are always going to be white knights that will ride in to defend a lady's honor...

The more gentlemen we have writing reviews, the better. I can certainly understand why some do not write reviews (it took me a few years of membership on ASPD before I was confident enough to do it) but it is a great way of giving back to the community... especially if you've benefited from the reviews of others.

z