'Cell Phones'

Heh Friends whats best cell phone to own for one who spends 20 out of 24hrs on the damn thing? Both my phones broke AGAIN 2wks ago.Just got pers cell back up and running. Need to recoup the hobby # and do same. Avg 40 to 60 texts per day on it. This 2nd time in 6mo. "HELP"! (Lol)
You asking what is the best services or brand phones?
Verizon and Samsung phone...s23 line
Wow I'm surprised to hear that. That's what I have been using. The galaxy phones and Verizon service. Hmm. OK I do appreciate your input. Looks like I'm in trouble then. Lol.
I’ve had good luck with iPhones. You can normally get a model or two older for cheap or free from any service provider. I find iPhone easier to use than android. I’ve never had issues with longevity of the phone/battery.
Verizon and Samsung phone...s23 line Originally Posted by wfyano

I 2nd that. I only ever had 1 screen break, and that was from a freak fall. Even had the Note Series for a long time. Got pissed one day & threw it across the room. It did NOT break.
I take damn good care of my electronics otherwise.
i use oneplus phones. I switched from Pixel a few years ago. The charging is super fast. The phone has 2 batteries in it and it has a warp charge that will charge the phone from dead to full in less than 30 minutes.

https://www.oneplus.com/us
OnePlus is a good choice, though I personally have been a Pixel guy since the Pixel 3a (currently rocking a Pixel 6a as my hobby phone, and a Pixel 7a as my "real life" phone - I always go with the "a" models because I prefer a slightly smaller form factor, plus the fact that you get almost all of the same features for less money).

At one time, I was involved in the mobile app development space, and I'll tell you what ... we saw more problems with Samsung Galaxy phones than with any other type. Like, significant problems (many of them related to battery life, overheating, and just plain bugs in the product) that we never saw on any other type of phone. They may "seem" good from a user perspective, but I will never voluntarily get a Samsung phone.
OnePlus is a good choice, though I personally have been a Pixel guy since the Pixel 3a (currently rocking a Pixel 6a as my hobby phone, and a Pixel 7a as my "real life" phone - I always go with the "a" models because I prefer a slightly smaller form factor, plus the fact that you get almost all of the same features for less money).

At one time, I was involved in the mobile app development space, and I'll tell you what ... we saw more problems with Samsung Galaxy phones than with any other type. Like, significant problems (many of them related to battery life, overheating, and just plain bugs in the product) that we never saw on any other type of phone. They may "seem" good from a user perspective, but I will never voluntarily get a Samsung phone. Originally Posted by laserface
My last pixel phone was the 3 and 3XL. I liked it but i didnt love the battery life. I went with oneplus because of the fast charging. Their fast charging is way more advanced than just about anything that i know about at this point. I have a OnePlus 9pro and a regular 9 that i have had since launch in March 2021.

I am thinking about upgrading but the 11 doesnt have wireless charging for some reason but i hear the 12 that will be out in a couple of months will be bringing that feature back.

their Nord models are priced really nice (their answer to the Pixel A models) but you can also find deep discounts on the oneplus 10 on AMAZON. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=oneplus+1...s_ts-doa-p_7_6
Wow lots of good info here guys thank you all so much for your input! I have never tried a Pixel but have been wanting to and never heard of the one Plus phones so I will be researching those. You guys are awesome!!
For service, if you have xfinity cable their cellphone service is awesome, I travel to Puerto Rico and it works great there and I took a trip to Europe this past summer with great xfinity service there as well.

I have a Galaxy A42 5G cell and it's been great for me as I use a lot of apps for music, social media etc and it's held up well.
Verizon and Samsung phone...s23 line Originally Posted by wfyano
I agree on the s23.....however I have had way too many bad experiences with Verizon, including them using my addition of a line to kick me off my grandfathered in unlimited data package that I had for 6 years without telling me during and refusing to revert it after. I get way better coverage with att and the free Hotspot with my unlimited data.
If you prefer Verizon, Check out Visable (Owned by Verizon). Unlimited everything, including unlimited hot spot (Hot spot not real fast, but ok). Probably 2 plans, 25.00 or 35.00. https://www.visible.com/. 25.00 is good! Inc taxes etc.

If you prefer AT&T, check out Cricket, owned by AT&T, really good service and priced plans!

I have both, and bot are really good. You do have to buy or bring your own phone. (Cricket hotspot only works on phones bought from cricket)
I use OnePlus also on T Mobile. I got a 10pro 5G unlocked and it was about 350 open box ,at Best buy. Takes great pix and is super fast. Charging is the whole reason I switched to OnePlus originally with the 7T model. I know a lot of phones have faster charging now, but I have an 80 watt warp charger and it goes from 0-100% in 30-35 mins
If you prefer Verizon, Check out Visable (Owned by Verizon). Unlimited everything, including unlimited hot spot (Hot spot not real fast, but ok). Probably 2 plans, 25.00 or 35.00. https://www.visible.com/. 25.00 is good! Inc taxes etc. Originally Posted by pghpleaser

My parents signed up with Visible. Service has been good and for the elderly on fixed income, unlimited everything for $35/month is a steal.