A shout out to veterans on Veterans Day

Navy Vet here and while my experience wasn’t too bad I do sympathize with the vets who suffered as a result of their service. In regards to KI2’s comments I think most of the denigration is due to the current volunteer nature of the armed forces. Not a popular opinion but I think they should bring back the draft but modernize it to include all categories of people (since there is no longer men and women anymore) and add a mandatory component similar to Sweden had. In this way military service is every citizens’ responsibility. Originally Posted by Mr_ Black
Well what do they expect when they go to the other side of the world and invades someone else's country? If it happened here do you think we would set mines on the roads and snipe at the occupiers? Shit yeah we would. I recommend Smedley Butler's "War Is A Racket" to every stupid kid who wants to join the American armed forces and invade other people's countries. And when you get injured don't cry about it. Two oceans lie between America and the rest of the world, and no one is going to invade this country and take our freedoms away. What you did had nothing to do with defending America and our freedoms.