7 Years ago Today.. Trump Rode Down the Escalator at Trump Tower

And you know what happened next. To paraphrase Gerald Ford, ''our long national nightmare is beginning''.

The music played.. ''Rockin' in the Free World'', by Neil Young.. Who hates Trump's guts. Trump would later use Elton John and Rolling Stones music at rally stops, without permission.

Oh, and you know those people who cheered at the bottom of the escalator were PAID to do so?

Fucking embarrassing.
... Actually - the artists put their music out there to be used.
People (like Trump) PAY for the use of it... And lemme point
out that some artists DON'T EVEN OWN "their-own" music.

... You get more sloppy with each passing day, Chung.

#### Salty
I only stopped by for the free beer and to down vote your thread. Oh well, one outta two ain't half bad. Or is it? Carry on your whimpering.
Trump is always going down............
... Actually - the artists put their music out there to be used.
People (like Trump) PAY for the use of it... And lemme point
out that some artists DON'T EVEN OWN "their-own" music.

... You get more sloppy with each passing day, Chung.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Just like the spectators at the august event.

And the DPSTs ate it up.

Still chowing down in fact.
The minute he came down that escalator I knew he would be our next President. He defeated - I believe - 16 other candidates. That was just the best. I love when people think Big Daddy is down for the count and yet....he comes back better than ever! Big Daddy is never down!!
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-world-752774/

Blimey!

Trump doesn't give two fucks. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

like many here CT headline grabs and doesn't read what he posts.

Neil Young has once again told President Trump to stop playing his 1989 classic “Rockin’ In The Free World” at campaign events, even though he acknowledges he has no legal means to stop him. “DT does not have my permission to use the song ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ at his appearances,” Young wrote on his website. “Legally, he has the right to, however it goes against my wishes.”

while Rose merely vented on Twitter. “Unfortunately the Trump campaign is using loopholes in the various venues’ blanket performance licenses which were not intended for such craven political purposes, without the songwriters’ consent,” Rose wrote.

Sorry Axl. it's not a loophole. most if not all venues have these paid for licensing agreements for a catalog of music that can be selected by anyone to use who is renting the facility.

send all those cease and desist letters ya want Neil they have the legal weight of nothing.

bahahhaaaaaa

I only stopped by for the free beer and to down vote your thread. Oh well, one outta two ain't half bad. Or is it? Carry on your whimpering. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

free beer .. the perfect name for a bar band

Just like the spectators at the august event.

And the DPSTs ate it up.

Still chowing down in fact. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

if you say so
Trump is always going down............ Originally Posted by matchingmole
Funny how he's still standing, lol.
And Trump is leading Biden in the newest poll -
https://news.yahoo.com/poll-biden-di...-sh&soc_trk=ma

Funny how he's still standing, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Funny how he's still standing, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17

Funny how he's still stinking. lol
... Can't really get on-to Mr. Chung for the Neil Young thing.
Once I explained things - He understood.

... Me standard line in those situations is - Have Neil Young
or the music company REFUND the Trump committee's money.
And they won't play "his" music anymore. ... Case closed.

#### Salty
Look at this long list!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...t-his-rallies/

Why would Trump play the music from people who hate his fucking guts?

Granted it's impractical to play ''Cat Scratch Fever'' and ''Free for all'' over and over, but still..
The minute he came down that escalator I knew he would be our next President. He defeated - I believe - 16 other candidates. That was just the best. I love when people think Big Daddy is down for the count and yet....he comes back better than ever! Big Daddy is never down!! Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
host an image