Astros Spring Training games start TODAY!!!

• bbkid
  • 02-28-2014, 07:16 AM
I know. I know, guys. Don't pile on me too much for this post. But, I'm pumped!!!

It's TIME FOR BASEBALL!!!

Hell yea......The best season has arrived......BASEBALL SEASON.....the days get longer and the temps start to rise. I'm with ya
Looking forward to seeing how Springer fairs and if they start the mass callups thus year, or next. Should finally start getting exciting to watch some of their more highly touted and legitimate players.
Wait...the Astros invited people to Spring Training?

Are they going to field a Major League team this year? It only took the Pirates 20 fuckin years to field one. Love Baseball season.
Hang in there Bbkid...Give them the high hard one.
How are the Astros going to do? Here's a hint. They have had a player tearing up the minors for FUCKING YEARS bd they send him down to start the year in the minors so they can save a few bucks in a few years when he is arbritarion eligible. Meanwhile the team sucks
How does four straight 100 loss seasons sound?
The Astro"s owner doesn't want them to win ...simple
Are they going to field a Major League team this year?
Maybe.... If they field these guys.

Maybe.... If they field these guys.

Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Wasn't Clemens pitching for them?
They signed him as a stunt to pitch one game
Are you kidding the Skeeter's are independent baseball. Most of the teams are made up of old players trying to reinvent their careers or younger guys that can't get signed to a minor league team.
Will the stros suck? You bet! The previous owner and management depleted the entire farm system. It takes years to rebuild. The Astros farm system is now one of the better in baseball but even with that there is a huge difference between MLB and the minor league pitching and defense. Give it some time and I think we will be back.
Back in the days I used to know every single player on the astros roster, now I literally can't name one single player. I think this season I'm going to try to get back into baseball and the 'stros. That way I can start keeping track of them now, so when they're kicking ass again in 5 or 6 years it will feel that much more special.
  • bbkid
  • 03-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Back in the days I used to know every single player on the astros roster, now I literally can't name one single player. I think this season I'm going to try to get back into baseball and the 'stros. That way I can start keeping track of them now, so when they're kicking ass again in 5 or 6 years it will feel that much more special. Originally Posted by coolaid
Good man. Most will wait until they ARE competitive again and then all of a sudden - "a Die Hard fan". I always laugh my ass off at people like that.