DEATH for Boston Bomber..... Better than SuperMax?

I've followed this and other hi profile trials as much as I can when I can.
I'm DEFINATELY a news junkie. Lol

Wanted to start a conversation just to see what others opinions are to this controversial case.
No matter what side of the fence you're on, as far as the death penalty, this case/verdict certainly stirred some feelings in me or maybe lack thereof. Not quite sure what to make of it.....

What's your opionion to the argument that death is actually the easy way out versus SuperMax for the rest of your natural life?

Was he manipulated by his brother?
Is he the worse of the worse?

RC
For some reason I thinck death by pipe bomb would be an appropriate method of executing the turd.
I am a proponent of the death penalty in appropriate cases. Were i to sit on a jury in a capital case, it would be very difficult for me to impose the death penalty. I would probably vote against it 99% of the time.

Having said that, I would have no hesitation in voting for death in this case.

I also believe in proportionality of punishment. There is nothing inhumane in imposing a sentence on someone that approximates the harm and suffering they imposed on others.

Maybe blow off his arms and legs with some explosive device, leaving severed arteries and let him slowly die from loss of blood?
My problem with the death penalty, in this case, is that we create another Muslim martyr. Life in a cage with a bunch of bloods would be a much worse penalty for that pretty boy, at least until he learns to like being a bitch.
If the appeals process does get this terrorist 3 hots and a cot for the rest of his miserable life, I hope that he's fed pork products which will end any chance he has of hooking up with the pederast founder of his religion and meeting those "virgins" that they are supposed to get in their "'great reward " . And I would like to start a fund for the other inmates at the Supermax, adding to their commissary account, if they can strenuously and intently explain the error of his ways to him every day of his miserable, wretched life.
Being a Texan, I have NO problem with him being executed other than it takes so long for it finally to be done to him, compared to the amount of time that his murder victims had.
For some reason I thinck death by pipe bomb would be an appropriate method of executing the turd. Originally Posted by pyramider
Only if the pipebomb were inserted as a suppository.
Martyrdom?

Crossed my mind.... This was indeed a heinous terrorist attack on American soil albeit by 2 scatterbrained bumbling cowardly brothers with no plan whatsoever by all accounts. I mean why not strap those bombs to themselves?

Martyrdom? I don't think so. We're not talking about OBL or KSM.

RC
Martyrdom?

Crossed my mind.... This was indeed a heinous terrorist attack on American soil albeit by 2 scatterbrained bumbling cowardly brothers with no plan whatsoever by all accounts. I mean why not strap those bombs to themselves?

RC
  • Old-T
  • 05-15-2015, 08:16 PM
I am a proponent of the death penalty in appropriate cases. Were i to sit on a jury in a capital case, it would be very difficult for me to impose the death penalty. I would probably vote against it 99% of the time.

Having said that, I would have no hesitation in voting for death in this case. Originally Posted by Brer Rabbit
I would agree.
Maybe his mom can shop lift him out of death row .
Don't they have a few hundred thousand martyrs already??
It's almost become blase.

I think they should sentence him to work on a pig farm for the rest
of his life, shoveling pig crap every day. Get the connection??
There is one thing all mayrters nave in common...

If the U.S. Would show consistency with how we handle terrorist we would be better off. Make terrorist attacks capital offenses whether death occurs or not.
Martyrdom?

RC
Originally Posted by reesec
Their plan was to destroy other people's lives and continue their own as if nothing happened. Just minutes after the bombing, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev casually stopped at a convenience store and bought milk. That evening, he went to a party.

After Boston Marathon attack, video shows
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev buying milk

Don't they have a few hundred thousand martyrs already??
It's almost become blase.

I think they should sentence him to work on a pig farm for the rest
of his life, shoveling pig crap every day. Get the connection??
Originally Posted by bojulay

+1

And Delta Force gave them another one Saturday.
He's a menace to society and should never be allowed out.
As this is the case, execute him. Whether rotting in prison the rest of his days or the chair is better/worse is irrelevant. I don't care what is better/worse for him. He's inhuman. I care nothing other than he never be allowed to walk amongst society again; thus, execution is advantageous to me as a taxpayer. Solves the issue of keeping this guy from ever hurting anyone again AND being (yet another) burden to the system.
I found this from Forbes article 2006
According to a study by the Urban Institute, the per-cell cost of a Supermax is about $75,000 annually, compared to $25,000 for each cell in an ordinary state prison.
$75,000 a year! He's not worth 7 cents. Let's allocate these funds for far more worthy and deserving causes.