RIP Chris Cornell

One of the greatest singer/song writer of all time. Dead at 52. Soundgarden changed the music seen. Greatness lost to early. Had ticket to see him next week. So sad.
Truly sad day. He and Soundgarden were a favorite and enjoyed his interviews on Stern. All the great musicians of childhood are leaving us and there is no one coming up to replace them
I remember his Stern show appearance a few years ago. Just him and an acoustic guitar. Beautiful and powerful at the same time. Highly suggest looking it up and listening to it.
Now I want to fly above the storm
But you can't grow feathers in the rain
And the naked floor is cold as hell
This naked floor reminds me
Oh the naked floor reminds me
He made the best vocals out of almost nothing. I am remembering some Audioslave during a PSE session with a lady. It was awesome.
All the great musicians of childhood are leaving us Originally Posted by MrDunbar

excuse me? Bowie and Haggard are "childhood".. Prince and Cornell are contemporaries.. are you old enough to be on this website?

I kid. he did die a proper rock and roll Grunge death.. Eddie Vedder fans are allegedly fearful on Twitter today, since Cornell, Staley, and Cobain met similar fates.
excuse me? Bowie and Haggard are "childhood".. Prince and Cornell are contemporaries.. are you old enough to be on this website?

I kid. he did die a proper rock and roll Grunge death.. Eddie Vedder fans are allegedly fearful on Twitter today, since Cornell, Staley, and Cobain met similar fates. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Not sure I would call hanging yourself in a hotel room a proper rock and roll death.
Very sad. Rip
  • ~Ze~
  • 05-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Not sure I would call hanging yourself in a hotel room a proper rock and roll death. Originally Posted by horn814
Yeah, MUCH better to die of organ failure from years of substance abuse. If one gets LUCKY, you might win a heart attack. -_-

The guy had demons, some of his friends committed suicide.
Chris did have demons, I hope he didn't let them win.
His voice was memorizing to me. As a musician, I found Audioslave...which was Chris Cornell and Rage Against the Machine to be something out of a fantasy dream.
So sad, such a loss.
Chris did have demons, I hope he didn't let them win. Originally Posted by TheWanderer
The demons won. I believe his cause of death kind of proved that.
Was he doing the beat off and strangle yourself thing like the inxs guy did? I love holding my breath to point of big O. Unfortunately I have scared the fuck out of some providers doing this
  • ~Ze~
  • 05-20-2017, 12:03 AM
From what I am hearing around Seattle... Seems like a chemical mixture gone wrong, sent him back shit, and he hung himself. No proof, just the mill.
Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun is one of my favorites
Never heard of him.