August 24 2022 Nuevo Progreso Report

I arrived in Mexico on August 21 around 5pm and with a whole vanload of goods for my sweetheart, The Marinas were manning the border with no tax authority personnel and I was just waved through. My first impression was one big giant street party with lots of people and music. After checking at Las Flores Inn then I started to search for the location of The Margarita. That took the longest of time because I think that they moved yet again. Both Vampiz and Margaritas are labeled as “Restaurant and Bar” Margaritas had a cloth sign that said that it had “25 girls on a catwalk”. Sorry guys I wasn’t able to do any reviews because my sweetheart came around.
My sweetheart really wanted a window air conditioner but I had no room to haul one with until all the goodies were offloaded. Back across the border I go, then I go to the Customs portal I am the only one there and six agents sitting on their hands –unlucky me. They had me go through a whole vehicle sniffer [I have gone through those at nuclear facilities]. They even gently took out my glove box to see if anyone is hiding underneath the dash. My advice, just act bored.
I left Mexico 2pm August 24 and it was uneventful, however the highway back to Houston were swarming with police, I have been hearing really ugly things going on, if you give hitchhikers a ride and they are undocumented, in the jail you go, as a human trafficker and you vehicle get confiscated.
I have redone my guide to Nuevo Progreso and included a small section about Matamoras, please pm me with your email address.