13 amendment why don't we care about it any more?

Even more June 19 was the day of a unlegal executive order call the emancipation proclamation, It also only free slave in land that the federal government and untied states had no control over. It would be like if said all Iran must have AC in there factory. It was not untill Dec 18 1865 over 2 years later that slave were free.

The Thirteenth Amendment (Amendment XIII) to the United States Constitution abolished slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. The amendment was passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified by the required 27 of the then 36 states on December 6, 1865, and proclaimed on December 18. It was the first of the three Reconstruction Amendments adopted following the American Civil War.
Would make more sense to use DEC 18, than June 19.
January 1, 1863 (alternate date January 2)
January 31, 1865
December 18, 1865

all of those dates would be fine for "emancipation" day instead of june 19.
January 1, 1863 (alternate date January 2)
January 31, 1865
December 18, 1865

all of those dates would be fine for "emancipation" day instead of june 19. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Sign of the times. Rush to be 'pc' before knowing the history. juneteenth has always really been more of a symbolic date. To really be "national" it should be emancipation day of one of the dates Dilbert posted.
it's just an excuse to bitch about white people lol
So what is this thread an excuse to bitch about?
I dunno, I think the 13th amendment could use some cleaning up.
I dunno, I think the 13th amendment could use some cleaning up. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
you mean the fact it permits involuntary servitude for crimes committed?
you mean the fact it permits involuntary servitude for crimes committed? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I agree
you mean the fact it permits involuntary servitude for crimes committed? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That specifically, yes.
do you think we should get rid of involuntary servitude for crimes committed?
do you think we should get rid of involuntary servitude for crimes committed? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Not that volunteer for minwage when in jail may be ok.