Do all men cheat?

So a Facebook friend posted this and found it somewhat generic, somewhat over assuming and some spot on. Thought the topic would be more spot on here.

"I would say 100 percent of men cannot be mentally monogamous..."

http://glo.msn.com/relationships/do-...-1533635.story

Ladies I think you will find the last paragraph relateable.
No. There was one guy on that show, The Moment of Truth, that managed to truthfully tell the lie detector that he had never even thought about cheating on his wife (to whom he had been married since the age of 16, and he was at least in his mid-30s, though I don't remember his exact age). So, there's at least one.
All people, men and women, think of sex with someone other than their SO from time to time. Its normal. Being able to resist or control those urges its whats important. Having a balanced, solid relationship that is working well makes it far easier to do so. I kept my vows for the 7 years I was married the first time and 24 of the 26 years I have been married this time. There are far too many reasons why people cheat. This article is far too simplistic.
We're mammals and have instincts and urges, you can't deny them. However, we are also civilized and as such can resist those urges. It's a choice we make. We're all tempted but I believe that being monogamous is possible for anyone who chooses it. I believe that my body has the instincts, the desire and sometimes the need but I am ultimately in charge of what I do or don't do. People cheat for so many different reasons, I agree, the parameters were too narrow.
Hell my wife encourages me to cheat...
you might want to read up on "sex at dawn"
at their main site http://www.sexatdawn.com/

or do a websearch on that quoted text - About 9,540,000 results.
very interesting.
So a Facebook friend posted this and found it somewhat generic, somewhat over assuming and some spot on. Thought the topic would be more spot on here.

"I would say 100 percent of men cannot be mentally monogamous..."

http://glo.msn.com/relationships/do-...-1533635.story

Ladies I think you will find the last paragraph relateable. Originally Posted by xperiment
Define cheating LOL. On the serious side...I think so...testosterone...the same hormone that put the Lewis and Clark exploration need in men's DNA also drives the need for something new. Yes I am sure there are men who don't cheat but for the most part IMHO...most men do. If there was not testosterone...there probably would be no "hobby".
its in there nature god thats like blameing a dog for needing a bone! they cant help it like we cant help but to cry in how we were born! some have better self control than others though this is what seperates me from dogs....in my opinion
Here is my personal take on it. I am a firm believer that men are programmed to have as much sex as they can. Some resist it better than others. There are some men who cheat once or twice in their lives and there are others who cheat once or twice a week-- IF I were to have a significant other--- I'd far rather he get his jollies from a "dumb hooker board" than to get entangled in an affair-- affairs often create emotion that ends relationships.
I thought there was a lot of bias and BS in that article. The main point of the article is that men cheat due to biological reasons, i.e. lack of sex. That might be one reason to cheat, but there are other reasons as well. I know men can become disconnected from their family when they feel they're not participating fully which can stem from many reasons. I believe that women can also cheat for the same reasons that men do. It's not always about the sex.
Here is my personal take on it. I am a firm believer that men are programmed to have as much sex as they can. Some resist it better than others. There are some men who cheat once or twice in their lives and there are others who cheat once or twice a week-- IF I were to have a significant other--- I'd far rather he get his jollies from a "dumb hooker board" than to get entangled in an affair-- affairs often create emotion that ends relationships. Originally Posted by DecemberLove
yes...free sex is always more expensive!!
Here is my personal take on it. I am a firm believer that men are programmed to have as much sex as they can. Some resist it better than others. There are some men who cheat once or twice in their lives and there are others who cheat once or twice a week-- IF I were to have a significant other--- I'd far rather he get his jollies from a "dumb hooker board" than to get entangled in an affair-- affairs often create emotion that ends relationships. Originally Posted by DecemberLove
In my relationship monogamy and fidelity are not indistinguishable. We recognize that it is feasible to have sexual encounters beyond mutual exclusivity without becoming unfaithful to one another. We also share the perception that sex outside of our relationship is not a defining characteristic of infidelity.

Said plainly: he can think about and even act upon his primal needs whenever it pleases him to do so without cheating on me. When his thoughts, words and actions become disrespectful of my position in his life, when he places affection for another woman before his affection for me or offers consideration for another woman at my expense or otherwise denies me of that which is rightfully mine in favor of someone else, the absence or presence of a sexual relationship exclusive of me becomes irrelevant.

Here's the best part of our mutual understanding of monogamy and fidelity: I can say with confidence that he hasn't fucked around on me since we've been together and I'm pretty sure that the fact that we are of like-minds on this subject is much of the reason he hasn't strayed. The fact that I bring other women to our bed probably makes up the difference.

~sweetness~
hey caitie, tried to respond to your pm you sent me on fri but it's turned off. Just wanted to let you know that would work.
I think being a provider you must have equal pleauses.. such as me I love women as much as men do.. If I brought the girls home with me why would he cheat? Im sure their are always them moments when you think you would get away with something Im sure most guys would but if you keep him sexually happy all the time and try like a naught girl is suppose to, I dont think he would go out and do all the things a uphappy pushed away guy would do.. KEEP HIM OR HER HAPPY IN THE BEDROOM BABY!! even if it is just kinky stuff
Wow CM, you never fail to impress me, not only with your insights, but also your ability to articulate your thoughts.

If nothing else, let's do lunch or dinner if our current plan is unworkable.