Abandoned properity

I know there are several lawyers on here. Maybe one of you could point me to where I can get information about an issue.

I own a computer repair business. A customer left their computer with me for dignostics for which I charge a fee. How long do I have to keep the item before I can consider it abandoned and dispose of it to recover the amount owed to me? I have called 3 times in 4 months but have never received a response.

Thnaks for any help or direction to where I can get an answer.
Do you have an abandonment policy posted in your store or on the equipment check in form(s).

In the past I have inquired about this as well and you pretty much just have to follow whatever policy you choose to put in place.
I do have such a policy posted in my shop. But, when the customer left the computer, I was still working out of my house and did not have any posted policy. Real worth of the computer is, at best, under $200 which is more than what I would charge to fix it.
If you give them reasonable notification and time to respond you can keep the equipment based upon legal advice I have received in the past. I was asked to send a certified letter just to make sure they got the notification.
That is what I thought. Only had it happen twice in 7 years so its not common for me.