Thinck you know the guidelines?

Ok here is a short story...

Provider has session with hobbyist. Review is written. Next thing you know hobbyist is contacted by both a "Pimp / Hobbyist / White Knight" and the provider pissed because hobbyist had written something in the review they didn't like.

Here is where it gets interesting. "Pimp / Hobbyist / White Knight" did nothing wrong as they have access to ROS & ML posts. But when the provider was told and then confronted the review writing hobbyist that's where shit hits the fan. see she has no business having that intel. Even if she was OUTED by her real name being posted. Now granted the MODS should have caught it and pointed the shit out of the reviewing hobbyist and blue inked it. But if the "Pimp / Hobbyist / White Knight" forward that information to the provider and she PM'S the mods to ask it be removed, she now can be banned for having that information. she will be asked from whom she got the info and if she gives up her source his ass is banned as well.

So White Knights when you decide to forward information to a provider you put both her and yourself in harms way and are subject to be banned.

If your an asshole and post information in a review that's against the guidelines the worst thing that will happen you get pointed and it gets edited.

Ok another example... I'm robbing a commercial building. I look out the window and see a murder. I call 911 and report the crime. The murderer is long gone but the police come visit me and are wondering what I was doing in the building that had just been robbed.

Thoughts & Ideas?
Ok here is a short story...

Provider has session with hobbyist. Review is written. Next thing you know hobbyist is contacted by both a "Pimp / Hobbyist / White Knight" and the provider pissed because hobbyist had written something in the review they didn't like.

Here is where it gets interesting. "Pimp / Hobbyist / White Knight" did nothing wrong as they have access to ROS & ML posts. But when the provider was told and then confronted the review writing hobbyist that's where shit hits the fan. see she has no business having that intel. Even if she was OUTED by her real name being posted. Now granted the MODS should have caught it and pointed the shit out of the reviewing hobbyist and blue inked it. But if the "Pimp / Hobbyist / White Knight" forward that information to the provider and she PM'S the mods to ask it be removed, she now can be banned for having that information. she will be asked from whom she got the info and if she gives up her source his ass is banned as well.

So White Knights when you decide to forward information to a provider you put both her and yourself in harms way and are subject to be banned.

If your an asshole and post information in a review that's against the guidelines the worst thing that will happen you get pointed and it gets edited.

Ok another example... I'm robbing a commercial building. I look out the window and see a murder. I call 911 and report the crime. The murderer is long gone but the police come visit me and are wondering what I was doing in the building that had just been robbed.

Thoughts & Ideas? Originally Posted by Still Looking
If the provider took the information and contacted the review writer you may be correct but if she instead went direct to a MOD I do not believe you are correct.

#20 - The men and women of our board each have their respective private areas in which secure content is posted and a greater freedom of expression allowed. Each member is responsible for keeping the information in any of the private secure areas (Men's Lounge, Provider Powder Room, The Rest of the Story, posts which have been tagged as private) 100% restricted to the members who are intended to have access to that material. Revealing ANY content which was posted in one of the men's or women's private sections of the board will result in penalty, up to and including loss of your access to these areas. Full cooperation may result in a less severe penalty, and each violation will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Repeated infractions will impact the severity of punishment.

The guideline regarding banning makes it an offense for someone to reveal information posted in those areas to people that do not have access to it.

Providers are regularly banned when they start threads to contest something they should not have known about. In the thread they start they become guilty of "revealing" the information as well as the fact that they came by it in some manner. One of the better examples of being allowed to ban stupid people.

In the example you are stating a Provider is disclosing information to the review writer or to a MOD who HAS access to the information. Not to people that do not have access. KNOWING what is in the ROS is not a violation.... REVEALING it to those that are not entitled to know is. ACCESSING it in some manner they are not entitled to is.

IF everything was handled by PM and the Provider "gives up" the WK to staff that shared with her the WK should be banned. I do not see banning the provider as the intended use of the Guideline.

It is not possible to prevent people from telling you something you should not know. Handling it in a proper manner with staff should not result in a punishment as severe as a ban.

If someone is aware of information in the ROS that is too personal in nature it should get reported to staff. If not acted on it should get reported to the ADMINs or Owners. Telling the Provider DOES put the provider in a precarious position.
Did you start this thread with a specific situation in mind? Or is this a general conversation on the pitfalls of the guideline?

If this is in regards to my questions regarding the Banning of Eryn I did search her posts and I can see no place where she may have revealed knowledge of any information to anyone that should not have it. None of her posts appear edited. Perhaps something was posted and removed in it's entirety....

I have not read any of the normal controversy surrounding her as someone that was making a fuss over something she should not have known.

It is obvious that she has been banned for some reason and staff will not comment on that..

Applying your general suggestion to her banning....

HYPOTHETICALLY.....

If some information was posted in ROS about her that would identify her and some guy went running to her to tell her it was he needs to be banned. No question about that at all. There are Mods, Admins and Owners he could go to first.

If she started a thread about it and disclosed the information she needs to be banned.

But if all she did was contact a MOD about it or even the member that posted the review about it, then it comes down to whether or not she gives up the guy that gave her the information. If she gives up the guy a MOD should consider the situation before acting.

Is there a pattern to her regularly having information she should not? Is there information to indicate that she regularly asks for and receives the ROS or private information? IF so then some level of infraction might be deserved.

IF all Eryn is guilty of is knowing ... not REVEALING to people that could not know.....then banning her is not in line.
Well it was my understanding given by The Prophet, that said hooker can have the information, but the trouble comes in acknowledging said information on ECCIE, either via post or private messaging system.
Well it was my understanding given by The Prophet, that said hooker can have the information, but the trouble comes in acknowledging said information on ECCIE, either via post or private messaging system. Originally Posted by rockerrick
I agree.... But the guideline calls for a penalty up to loss of access and indicates that cooperation will minimize penalty right?

If nothing she knew was revealed to anyone that did not have the ability to know AND she cooperated then banning is kind of extreme right?

So obviously there has to be a lot more to the story than the hypothetical scenario above.

If it went down like the hypothetical above and there is no prior history of problems with her of a similar nature then a warning for sure Maybe a point or two to drive a message to the WK that his actions cost HER....

NEW Hypothetical.....

A member with the knowledge of how to create handles and gain ROS access does so..... and then PMs ROS/LockerRoom information to 20 providers.... Some providers over react and post something... others RTM the PM..... Should the ones RTMing the PM be banned?

A provider send you Powder Room information. You tell a MOD.... Should you be banned?
Well it was my understanding given by The Prophet, that said hooker can have the information, but the trouble comes in acknowledging said information on ECCIE, either via post or private messaging system. Originally Posted by rockerrick
Hmmm.

Even if certain information, passed to the Provider by a Hobbyist who read it, threatens the life of a Provider?

Would the rules/previous situations/ warrant nothing be done penalty-wise for such a situation on this site/
Well Pb, I believe this is where manipulating WK's would come into play for avoiding the guidelines. She could receive said information, text a WK that could make said post, without her acknowledging the private info on Eccie.
Hmmm.

Even if certain information, passed to the Provider by a Hobbyist who read it, threatens the life of a Provider?

Would the rules/previous situations/ warrant nothing be done penalty-wise for such a situation on this site/ Originally Posted by Precious_b
It's not at issue that the rules do NOT provide a consequence. There are possible consequences to the person that posts the information as well as real consequences to the person that shares it with the provider.

At question here is whether or not a person that handles the information he/she was given that they should not have actually "reveals" it and deserves punishment if in revealing it he/she is ONLY revealing it to those that could see it anyway or staff....

I think punishment is deserved based on HOW they came to have it. If they access it through an account they have that they should not .... then ban them..... if they were told it in an unsolicited manner and they never post it openly I don't believe a ban is deserved really deserved.
Well Pb, I believe this is where manipulating WK's would come into play for avoiding the guidelines. She could receive said information, text a WK that could make said post, without her acknowledging the private info on Eccie. Originally Posted by rockerrick
The WK definitely can report things to the MODs, Admins or owner of the board without ever involving the provider.... He certainly does not get his pat on the head for being a good by from her if he does though....
From what I was told there is another exception:
If Hobbyist has session with Provider, and then sends Provider the complete REVIEW before posting on Eccie, then that is NOT a Point/BANnable offense for either party.

BUT if said provider then talks about ROS info on "open" Eccie after review ROS has been posted that would be Points/?BAN? for the provider, but NOT for the Hobbyist.

That's what a MOD told me ...

And quite frankly, IF I feel the life of any member or their family is threatened, then that is much more important than getting BANNED on a hooker board.
Similar things have happened to me a couple of times. Usually a WK will tattle on me, or I've been confronted by a lady who probably, but not for sure, had a "mandle."
Let's not take this somewhere it was not headed..... we are not talking life threatening....

Just the premise that having information you should not should get you banned.
Let's not take this somewhere it was not headed..... we are not talking life threatening....

Just the premise that having information you should not should get you banned. Originally Posted by Whispers
do you own this board? is this your thread? if someone post something you dont approve of then just keep your mouth shut and dont look at it.
do you own this board? is this your thread? if someone post something you dont approve of then just keep your mouth shut and dont look at it. Originally Posted by John Taffer
love it when clueless providers weigh in!
if someone post something you dont approve of then just keep your mouth shut and dont look at it. Originally Posted by John Taffer

UUUUUUUmm,

How does that help or solve anything exactly?

Please take me to your land; so I too can learn to spin cotton-candy from my vagina.
I promise to bring my knowledge back to this dreadful place along with the unicorns and rainbows....

Personally, I appreciate people who speak up; even against me. It gives a chance to clear the air.
ECCIE is no place to have beefs with people. I do agree we should try to get along as best we can (if that is what you are trying to convey with your posts).

Sometimes there are things to reconsider. Sometimes there is more info than meets the eye.
So an open dialog is often appropriate IMHO.

Your comment reads like a directors cut from The Never-ending Story.
Tell Falcore to come pick your ass up dude; you are in the wrong dimension.