The Erotic Review

The Erotic Review... TER.

Respected. In fact, I often check a provider's reviews on TER before I book. If she has good reviews, no problem. I move forward. If she has NO reviews on TER, again no problem. I am willing to take a chance. If she has bad reviews on TER, I am wary.

My problem is this: Reviewers who blurt, "VIPs, read on."

Okay, if you are a VIP on TER, you must surely know what to "read on" means. Does someone really have to tell you?

Otherwise, if you are a novice idiot, and you have no option but to "VIPs, Read On," you must either join, or trust. Either is fine.

My problem is not with the casual idiot. It is with the VIP who has to ejaculate, "VIPs, Read On."

Do VIPs not know they should "read on?" Are VIPs trying to quarantine themselves into the "elite," by invoking the imperative, "VIPs, read on?" Anyone who has achieved VIP status must surely know what to "read on" means. You must be told? Why do I see so many reviews with "VIPs READ ON?"

I have started to doubt the "VIP READ ONers as jerks. You must think the rest of us are stupid, and we must be told to "read on."

Tell me I am wrong.
You',re not wrong, but is it serious enough to make a thread about it here?
Hmm. Yes. I have read hundreds of reviews that urge "VIPs, read on." What are the VIPs trying to command us, us that are NOT VIPs, to "read on?"

Read On?

My point is this: If you do not know the difference between a VIP and a non-VIP, you should not be telling anyone to "read on."

Of course, if you are savvy enough to know that some clients do not know to "read on," why do you have to urge the more educated among the hobbyists to "read on?"

I find the statement so stupid that I have to point it out.
Any chance you have an opinion on "See ROS"? I know I'm a snowflake that gets triggered easily, but for some reason, I just take the suggestion & read the ROS. Maybe it's just me...
I see the "VIP's Read On" the same as "See ROS" Reviews on the sites are typically structured the same way: Logistical Details, Quick Summary Blurb, and then Rest of Story. When writing reviews, all the gory details are in the ROS. It's up to us to ensure those without premium can tell the provider is legit, safe and responsive from the summary blurb.

Personally, what I need to know outside of the ROS is will the date be on time, no weird stuff, TCB skills, and no peering mangers hanging around.
I gave up on TER years ago.

I received a text from a provider who was new at the time, some 10 years ago, who received a message from the staff there stating they would do a review for her to bait business in the door. Also, when you do a review, if you want to get VIP credited days, it can never be of the same provider, no matter how much time there has been between visits.
Two comments:

1) There is a unwritten commitment among hobbyists to warn others about rip-offs, fakes, frauds and bitches. I have done so on several occasions. Informing others about a great provider is also important. Since I only visit providers with stellar reputations, my input is repitive.

2) Yes, you view "The See ROS" as the same as "VIPs Read On." But do you really need to be told to "Read On?"

I see this verbiage as "obtuse." Yes, reference Shawshank Redemption, where the protagonist called out the Warden as being stupid, without actually saying so. It was only after Andy Dufresne spent 30 days in the hole that Warden Norton realized he had been insulted.

My point is this: do clients who spend hours a week in the hobby not know to "Read On?" No they do. They are letting the non-VIPs know there is "secret" information they are not entitled to.

I dunno. I just think the VIPs Read On message is a cliché. What are you really trying to say?
rockitman, i think you are overthinking this and giving it too much concern when it's not warranted.
just ignore it. no need to let it become a "problem" for you.
there are much bigger problems/issues to deal w/ in our sub-culture.

besides, dont you know that all the provider review websites have code that automatically adds text like "VIP's Read On" to the public comments of every review??? :^}
pmdelites: No, I did not know there is an automatic edit to a client's review! Really? That is even worse for me. A client visits a provider, and goes to the trouble to inform others about the experience, now has their input revised?

It means that anything I really have to offer is now subject to edits by some other agency?

I thought Facebook was bad, Twitter (Oops, "X"), YouTube, Instagram, etc., were hovering over my opinion. Now, I learn the sub-culture, the renegades of the Wild-Wild-West (the real "www") are now listening to my opinions about other sites not related to them?!

FUCK...
Rockitman, pm is just saying that the phrase "VIPs Read On" is added to the website to differentiate from the Public vs ROS/Private/Premium part of the review.

TER is just like the boards in so far that it requests provider details (if they're not on it already) height, weight, hair, etc, then the details of your encounter with a public view for "non VIPs/NonPremium" and another box for the Premium/Rest of the Story part of the review. I have not seen an edit on TER. I know the boards have a staff edit in case it mentions things that are outside of the terms or has RW info.
Yes, I get it. Many, many clients want to contribute. I value their opinion, even though they tell me to "read on."

My contribution is this: Do I really need to be told to "READ ON?"

No, I am not that naive...
I tend to agree. When I was a novice, I plead guilty for writing this tag line. I didn’t know the protocol and was just trying to mimic others. But thankfully, after some experience, I realized that I didn’t have to promote the VIP section to VIPs; they can already see it. So what I was doing was inadvertently promoting the VIP section to non-VIPs. Why should I do that? So, I stopped. Just being honest with everyone here.

But OPs point is understandable.
...Also, when you do a review, if you want to get VIP credited days, it can never be of the same provider, no matter how much time there has been between visits. Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
This is without doubt the stupidest rule I have ever heard of.

If a provider has greatly improved her game or has greatly declined, or is offering new service, you cannot write about it and get credit.

Does TER not realize they could easily double their audience if they allowed multiple reviews of providers.
I tend to agree. When I was a novice, I plead guilty for writing this tag line. I didn’t know the protocol and was just trying to mimic others. But thankfully, after some experience, I realized that I didn’t have to promote the VIP section to VIPs; they can already see it. So what I was doing was inadvertently promoting the VIP section to non-VIPs. Why should I do that? So, I stopped. Just being honest with everyone here.

But OPs point is understandable. Originally Posted by CKJAmore
At least one person gets it. CKJAmore, thanks for your candor. Your honesty is refreshing.

Okay, I see others get the gist of my message. I am not out to denigrate the TER reviewers. I actually read what you have to say, and value your opinion and experience. If a provider does not have TER credentials, I am cautious.

I just want you (TER VIPs), to consider that the phase "VIPs, read on," is just plain stupid. I was once a "VIP" and never thought to tell someone versed in the hobby to "read on."

Someone pointed out that the TER website AI elite algorithm adds that phase like so much vomit. If you, a TER VIP, did not actually pen the phase "VIPs, read on," then I offer my apology. But if you really have to tell other VIPs to read on, then I think you are an idiot.

[Someone once asked me if I had any children. No, not blessed. They then asked if I had any pets. No, I said, but I have many Pet Peeves...]
Boner patrol