Provider Access to ROS

So as the latest post by someone claiming to be Erotic Morgan has revealed, your Rest Of Story content in reviews is NOT hidden from any provider with 1/4th a brain. This begs the question, why attempt (without success) to hide the content anyhow? I mean, even the Men's Lounge isn't a private area as demonstrated numerous times. Is this simply an attempt at an illusion of secrecy?

Making prostitution illegal hasn't worked for the government as evidenced by this site's very existence. It just drove it underground and forced the leadership to expend resources on weeding it out rather than generating revenue from it's accepted existence. You won't have leaks if you embrace transparency.
I just view the Lounge as a forum where, by custom, we're a little more open with our comments. I'm under no illusion that my comments won't be seen by others, so it's a non-issue. If I want to go talk about strip clubs, I go to the strip club forum. If I want to talk about Men's Lounge "stuff", I go to the Lounge. Moreover, this "form over substance" approach is absolutely necessary for the continued sustenance of this very valuable website. If everything is out in the open where it doesn't require at least a little bit of effort to view the BCD/ROS scoop, I suspect revenues would drop. That's a bad thing. For all of us.

Just my 2 cents worth. Not looking for a debate.
I'm not seeing where Morgan said in her post that she had access to ROS information. She said that she read over comments in her last thread, which was a thread here in the discussions forum.

But we all know that providers have ways of reading anything they want. That's nothing new.
  • L.A.
  • 04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
The way I look at the "hidden" portions of the site is I'm relativley free to say what I want to say without public retribution from those who should not have access.
I have no illusion that anything written will not be seen by anybody who actually wants to to read it but if they choose to PM me or make comments in public about "private" information they face the possibility of site sanctions.
I'm not seeing where Morgan said in her post that she had access to ROS information. She said that she read over comments in her last thread, which was a thread here in the discussions forum.

But we all know that providers have ways of reading anything they want. That's nothing new. Originally Posted by still-asleep
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=433821

There is demonstration that all any provider has to do to gain access is to set up an alternate handle and seek out premium access through the review process or via payment.

The way I look at the "hidden" portions of the site is I'm relativley free to say what I want to say without public retribution from those who should not have access.
I have no illusion that anything written will not be seen by anybody who actually wants to to read it but if they choose to PM me or make comments in public about "private" information they face the possibility of site sanctions. Originally Posted by L.A.
For the purposes of this thread, I'm not talking about Men's Lounge, Ladie's Lounge (or whatever they call it), or any subforum such as the notional Spider Hole. I'm strictly speaking of the ROS. I can see the parallels between the ROS content and the other mentioned forums but I'm not talking on that in this thread.

As for the "without public retribution from those who should not have access" portion of your statement. If I were a betting man, I would bet that some if not many WKs are actually providers in disguised so you're not really avoiding the public floggings but rather choosing to ignore their source.

I just view the Lounge as a forum where, by custom, we're a little more open with our comments. I'm under no illusion that my comments won't be seen by others, so it's a non-issue. If I want to go talk about strip clubs, I go to the strip club forum. If I want to talk about Men's Lounge "stuff", I go to the Lounge. Moreover, this "form over substance" approach is absolutely necessary for the continued sustenance of this very valuable website. If everything is out in the open where it doesn't require at least a little bit of effort to view the BCD/ROS scoop, I suspect revenues would drop. That's a bad thing. For all of us.

Just my 2 cents worth. Not looking for a debate. Originally Posted by eccienewbie
I'm not talking about making the ROS content available to non-paying, non-contributing members (currently such as myself), but rather making it available to verified providers who are paying for access or advertisement. Sure, attempt to keep the veil up for the purposes of revenue generation but eliminate the illusion of privacy and reduce the amount of moderation needed by lifting some rules that are clearly not stymieing undesired behavior by either hobbyists or providers.

Lastly, this is specifically about ROS content being viewable to providers, not to non-paying, non-contributing members (currently such as myself).
Unless there is a physical portal where application of physical feature examination, i.e. facial recognition or hand imprint technology, is applied there will never be a "secure" internet forum. This pleasure dome where money, physical gratification and boatloads of drama are the norm is certainly no exception.

Wow, does that sound too cynical?
but rather making it available to verified providers who are paying for access or advertisement. Originally Posted by johnnylongcaulking
Last I knew, the providers don't pay for access or to advertise unless it's banner ads. It even says "males only" when you sign up to pay for premium access.

It's been said here many many times, most providers know exactly what's said in the ROS of thier reviews, it's the smart ones that never let you know that they know.
  • 69er
  • 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Ever notice the lack of ladies posting in threads that discuss how they have open access? LOL At least they've decided it isn't nice to rub salt into the wounds.

The majority of the problems with ROS details being public could be fixed, by making logged in access via SSL, but that would require changes to the board software.
Sometimes I wish I did have access to some review like IP, Safire sweet, amber rain just to name a few. They are hot as hell and are known for things I like...

There are times I wish I were the fly on the wall when men talk..then I remember that I dont LOL!
Last I knew, the providers don't pay for access or to advertise unless it's banner ads. It even says "males only" when you sign up to pay for premium access. Originally Posted by novacain
Sorry Nova but you're (see look Pyramider, I do know the difference between you're and your) missing a key part here. Providers do pay for access. Not all but many. They just pay using a male handle account. The whole point of this thread is acknowledging reality and suggesting that management do something about it.
Alot seem to think we can just log out of our account and sign in with a different one....we cant.

When my S.O had an interest in a certain sexy thing, she required a P.M. from his account. He had to create one from his phone because it would not allow him to sign up on the same computer I use.

The provider would have to change her I.P address and lets face it, most of us girls are not that tech savy..not me anyway
1)
I need that as a shirt cubsoxbull

It's been said here many many times, most providers know exactly what's said in the ROS of thier reviews, it's the smart ones that never let you know that they know. Originally Posted by novacain

Something we agree on nova. Its been proven many times before that very few are smart enough to keep the fact that they know a secret

sixx