Estate Sale-ing Partner

This is a hobby of mine and being new to the area, I don't really have anyone to go with. People my age just don't see what's fun about it, but fun it is!
I am looking for a partner to go with.

My hope is that you truly find this to be a hobby, have done it or are currently doing it, and would enjoy going with me. Estate Sale-ing is totally separate from THIS hobby and there won't be any funny business whatsoever going on
Just two friends, bargain hunting! Tee-Hee

I'd like to get together on Saturday's or Sunday's for a few hours..starting in September when it cools down a bit.

So let me know!
I will go with you, it's kinda fun to go though dead peoples stuff. It puts life in perspective.
I have been to a few estate sales on a whim after driving by and enjoyed the experience. I don't usually but anything, but it's interesting to see someone's story through their accumulated possessions. Some find it morbid, but i find it fascinating. I wouldn't be able to attend on a Sat or Sun due to work, but if you ever plan to hit one on a Friday I would happily join you.
I agree! That's half the fun. You can see a beautiful home on the outside and then go inside and get the shock of your life with wall to wall green shag carpet. Thanks for posting on this thread with a clarification. Some people thought I meant real estate hunting.
I would love to accompany you! My father and I used to go all the time and found a few hidden treasures... it's hella fun!
I'll go, too, Maggie. Except I will be real estate hunting. LOL
I love looking for and finding unique pieces for my house. I recently discovered www.estatesales.org and signed up to get an email notification with sales in my area every Thursday. In addition I always keep an eye open when I am out driving on weekends. You may already know about the resource, if not I hope u find it useful
Just like this hobby it can become addicting,have done my share and it is fun. The serious buyers are there early on the first day, and in most cases are looking for specific items. People buy for resale,in which case they are looking for pieces of art,old records,books,jewelry and vintage clothes for sale. Not all sales are for deceased,people are selling their home and downsizing,so they're getting rid of what they no longer need.
I love looking for and finding unique pieces for my house. I recently discovered www.estatesales.org and signed up to get an email notification with sales in my area every Thursday. In addition I always keep an eye open when I am out driving on weekends. You may already know about the resource, if not I hope u find it useful Originally Posted by kamau_77
Thanks! I do already have that! It's a great resource. They also have a garage sale one too!
If you haven't been, you might also enjoy First Monday Trade Days in Canton. It's like one giant estate sale Schedule here:

http://www.cantontxfirstmonday.com/f...days-dates.htm

It's coming up this weekend, if you're interested let me know, I wouldn't mind going Saturday.
If you haven't been, you might also enjoy First Monday Trade Days in Canton. It's like one giant estate sale Schedule here:

http://www.cantontxfirstmonday.com/f...days-dates.htm

It's coming up this weekend, if you're interested let me know, I wouldn't mind going Saturday. Originally Posted by RideFreeInTexas
First Monday is like junk trading. Having said that I have been a few times.
Maggie,

I am an avid estate sale shopper, and my main interests are vintage furs and MCM era collectibles/kitsch with the occasional Hollywood Regency piece thrown in for variety. I am out early most weekends hitting up sales. If you'd ever like a scavenging buddy, do let me know!
~if you find a cool Queen Ann chair or one similar - think of me and send a message!
True it's a great hobby of mine as well. People and their lives are good times to sift through. I prefer early morning shopping also. Contact me, partner.
Maggie what are u interested in? I have quite a few antiques at my house.LOL