Finally watching "Monster" starring Charlize Theron

eeewww. How did they make her look so road weary and ugly?

Many other interesting aspects to this flick. Feel free to discuss whatever.

I just could not get over how bad they made her look.
Fantastic movie! One of her best! And, yes, they made her look hideous! Which had to be a challenge, BC she is a beautiful woman!
Well no makeup obviously and it looks like they flicked watered down tomato juice all over her. Hard to believe it was her.
Providers, please do not watch this movie and get any "ideas"...
Love that movie...poor girl was raped by a tire tool i always close my eyes on that part of the movie....
She was awesome in that movie
Moved to sandbox...
Now you have to watch "Monster's Ball" with Haley Berry. She doesn't look bad in that flick at all!

Monster is an exceptional movie. Definitely a must see for anyone over 18.
Now you have to watch "Monster's Ball" with Haley Berry. She doesn't look bad in that flick at all!

Monster is an exceptional movie. Definitely a must see for anyone over 18. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
saw Monsters Ball back in 2005 one night while fliping through channels. Was on HBO. was one fucked up movie.
Charlise actually intentionally gained 40 pounds (maybe more?) for the role. She definitely earned the Oscar on that one. Fabulous job telling a truly horrible story.
saw Monsters Ball back in 2005 one night while fliping through channels. Was on HBO. was one fucked up movie. Originally Posted by Duthgar1976
Ya its no picnic. Neither is Monster. But the sex scene is awesome!
So good of a movie
If you liked Monster check out "Aileen: Life and Death of a Serial Killer", a documentary about Aileen Wuornos, the character Charlize Theron played. You'll get an even better appreciation for how well Theron played her.

Side note: after watching Monster I had to watch Cider House Rules just to get the "Aileen" out of the beautiful Charlize Theron!
eeewww. How did they make her look so road weary and ugly?

Many other interesting aspects to this flick. Feel free to discuss whatever.

I just could not get over how bad they made her look. Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Well, the real Aileen Wuornos was horrible looking.

So what else would you expect?
saying "I'm a provider" is exactly the same as saying "I live in New York"..where do you live? Do you have cockroaches the size of a fist or do you live on 5th ave? Do you meet men in a vacant field at 3 am with no handle, no references? Or do you conduct your business from an upscale condo in downtown dallas during daylight business hours, total screening required..? I could see how one or the other could either make you sane or bat shit crazy. No guarantees on which is which.
Charlise actually intentionally gained 40 pounds (maybe more?) for the role. She definitely earned the Oscar on that one. Fabulous job telling a truly horrible story. Originally Posted by GracePreston
I haven't seen the film in eons but I remember feeling rather sorry for the character. She went through so much before becoming the monster in the film.

Anyway, it was a really good film. Just not one that I would see over and over.

Besides, asking others not Grace, why are you so concerned about her looks? That was part of the essence of the film ... how she had devolved to become who she is.

If you have an alcohol issue, or you've been in the streets, etc., even the most attractive of females will be adversely affected. I see it all of the time even in these woods.

I think that the main reason for the shock value of the film was making her such an unlikeable, with looks to match, female. That movie bothered me on some level. So many lost souls out there.

Elisabeth