Why do nipples get hard

I always wondered why is it that when you are cold or horny your nipples always seem to get hard can anybody give me some input
Same reason Dicks do.:-D
underpants gnomes
Cut and paste from breastnotes.com. Thought it was the breast, er, best answer

"Breasts have a lot of nerve endings just below the surface of their skin. Where nerve endings are found in dense concentrations, the sensitivity of the skin surface is greater then surrounding skin. Breasts are intended to feed a child, and in order to facilitate that function, the nipples are highly sensitive (stimulation of the nipple area causes the brain to release hormones that will produce milk). For the woman that is not lactating, stimulation results in a sexual sensation. Nipples are two of several areas on the body that are referred to as erogenous zones."
  • Deke
  • 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Tara,
I really hope I get to meet you someday. Dicks getting hard when it's cold?....I don't know! Come the cold days of winter, I may have to tie a string around mine to find it to pee. lol (Shrinkage).
I always wondered why is it that when you are cold or horny your nipples always seem to get hard can anybody give me some input Originally Posted by Katy Taylor
Katy, I don't know the science of it. My nipples get hard when I see your picture. Other parts of my body too.
^^^ lol ..
It's similar to how balls shrink up to stay warm. Nipples shrink up so they don't freeze off. Plus there's a bunch of nerve endings which makes them sensitive when your horny. Or just bored & playing with them lol
Do you know what the little bumps around the nipple are? "Braille for suck here"
It's God's way of saying, "You aren't having enough sex!"
Seriously?
For the same reason a dog licks his balls -- because they can!
Tara,
I really hope I get to meet you someday. Dicks getting hard when it's cold?....I don't know! Come the cold days of winter, I may have to tie a string around mine to find it to pee. lol (Shrinkage). Originally Posted by Deke
Me to
It's your bodies way of saying you are happy to see me......
Do you know what the little bumps around the nipple are? "Braille for suck here" Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Good one!

They're called Glands of Montgomery.