• nyguy
  • 02-13-2010, 01:47 AM
My pick is:

Kyle Bush # 18
tony Stewart 1'st
Mark M 2'nd
Kyle Bush 3'Rd
And the winner is: Originally Posted by Laker
The guy that went down there looking for hookers.
  • nyguy
  • 02-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Well I guess we were all wrong, no one picked Jamie McMurray #1
Well I guess we were all wrong, no one picked Jamie McMurry #1 Originally Posted by nyguy
Not a car racing fan so did not watch. But from the news, was it not some guy named "Pot Hole" that won?
They must need a new track crew. How can it be that the track would just crumble like that in the middle of a race?
it was from trapped water under the last layer of Asphalt.

it was right where the trailing arm and the bottom chassis pan scrapes on the track . the last fix was epoxy bowered for all the teams
I'm not a nascar guy and don't sit there watching the race all day but recorded shows after and because the race went long was able to see the last couple of laps over and over and over again until they counted and it was over. My recording started with about 20 laps left so I fast forwarded to watch the end where they crashed, restarted, crashed restarted crashed and restarted for the last time. It was like watching the last 20 seconds of a basketball game. It takes 15 minutes. I'm still not a fan but did enjoy watching and caught on to the green, white and checkered flags.
  • Laker
  • 02-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Gents, I have been fan for years, although not as much recently as in years past. Seems too strilized lately, although this year maybe they are going back to loosening up the rules some, let the boys on the track have more control.

Since Dale Earnhardt was killed in 2000 and the likes of DJ(Dale Jarrett) retired, I am not as excited for the sport as in the past. The good old announcers such as Ned Jarrett, Buddy Baker, and Neil Bonnett wer a pleasure to listen to. These boys today seem to have too much mouth...

Is however one sport that you actually need to be there in person to totally enjoy IMHO. The crowd and grounds are like a huge carnival, and seeing the power of the cars, feeling them thunder in your chest, seeing how close and fast they are, and the smell of the fuel and tires need to be experienced in person.
Laker I do agree I have been to a lot of races the best being Daytona and the 2 'nd was the week at Charlotte when it was called the WORLD 600 the longest race on the tour. The worst 2 places are in order the glen and Pocono
  • Laker
  • 02-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Nascar,

Is the 88 for DJ or D Jr ? ;-)

I agree, glen not good for race watching, goo for partying though! But I bet Texas Motor Speedway from what I hear may trump the Glen for the party, and you can even see them race!! Well come to think of it, Bristol was a great party, and nowwhere can you see better, at least where I have been!

When at Pheonix, had Border Patrol buzzing us with helecopter we were at where we wern't supposed to be! ... One or 2 , hell 3 of best was North Wilkesboro, Darlington and Rockingham. I've been to Charlotte for the fall race and the old Winston. I can't imagine sitting for the 600, there wasnt much room in the seats then, and now i have alot of extra built in baggage!! :-)