ISIS/ISIL Combat capabilities

I watched a good two hours of national, local and 24 hour a day news today that included all kinds of "combat" video footage allegedly showing these ISIS/ISIL clowns invading Kobani......it's ridiculous.....none of them appear to be capable of actually utilizing a rifle to effectively engage a target. They run around firing their weapons without sighting, usually holding the rifle at hip level and just spraying or lofting it two feet above their heads and firing in order to avoid exposing themselves to fire. This wins gunfights?

And, then they show a heavy caliber MG, usually a 12.7, mounted in the back of a pick up truck that one guy with an M4 could shoot to shit.....with some ISIS noob lowering his head and firing the weapon without even looking where the rounds might be going.

They seem like complete amateurs.
I watched a good two hours of national, local and 24 hour a day news today.... Originally Posted by timpage
I watched a good two hours of national, local and 24 hour a day news today that included all kinds of "combat" video footage allegedly showing these ISIS/ISIL clowns invading Kobani......it's ridiculous.....none of them appear to be capable of actually utilizing a rifle to effectively engage a target. They run around firing their weapons without sighting, usually holding the rifle at hip level and just spraying or lofting it two feet above their heads and firing in order to avoid exposing themselves to fire. This wins gunfights?

And, then they show a heavy caliber MG, usually a 12.7, mounted in the back of a pick up truck that one guy with an M4 could shoot to shit.....with some ISIS noob lowering his head and firing the weapon without even looking where the rounds might be going.

They seem like complete amateurs. Originally Posted by timpage
So why is everybody so panicky?

I suppose if everybody just ignores them, they will go away.
Yet their amateur show will result in the US spending trillions of dollars to combat them. Which is their real objective.

Or is it the objective of some other parties who will profit handsomely from the trillions in expenditures?

The war that never ends, indeed.
They fight as tribesmen. Not Soldiers. They flee from a real fight generally, but are good at guerilla warfare.
If the people they confront drop their weapons and run they are very successful.
Mogadishu, Little Big Horn, Isandlwana, etc., etc., etc....
Whatever works I guess. Yeah, we used to laugh at the Japanese as well until Pearl Harbor. Could it be that Timmie has very little regard for the "dwellers of the desert" as soldiers just because they wear bed sheets and fuck goats?
They do look amateurish. Yet they ran off the Iraqi army and Syrian army. I also saw some footage of them driving tanks and armored vehicles.

Guess those guys who had their heads chopped off (the natives) and those hundred or so guys who were herded and machined gunned were fooled.
I think they've executed more people than they've actually killed in combat.

They are armatures.

Jim
This is an armature

but the ISIS guys are getting any dumber from experience, they're getting smarter every day.
So I misspelled it. You knew what I meant.

Jim
If the people they confront drop their weapons and run they are very successful. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Ding ding ding.....a winner.
They do look amateurish. Yet they ran off the Iraqi army and Syrian army. I also saw some footage of them driving tanks and armored vehicles.

Guess those guys who had their heads chopped off (the natives) and those hundred or so guys who were herded and machined gunned were fooled. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Even the executions are amateurish. The one video I saw looked like the freakin' OK Corral with the haji's firing all over the place. I'm surprised they didn't shoot some bystanders and even their own guys the way they were firing.