GM donates Presidential bus with teleprompters and all..

I think it's pedal-driven, too!

Too funny, dennisrn--thanks!

President Barack Obama is traveling the Midwest on a new $1.1 million bus purchased by the Secret Service, an impenetrable-looking conveyance the size of a cross-country Greyhound, painted all in black, with dark tinted windows and flashing red and blue lights.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan emphasized that the bus wasn't purchased solely for the president and would be used for other dignitaries in the future.

Donovan said two buses were purchased and one is being used by Obama as he travels through Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois. Both will be used by other officeholders and candidates.

Donovan declined to comment on the buses' design or capability.

Note on comment in article: Do you think one of the busses will be reserved for a candidate other than Obama as this plays out?
  • Laz
  • 08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
That gives us so much confidence that we have a great leader that will cut all government waste. He is so full of shit.
Do you think one of the busses will be reserved for a candidate other than Obama as this plays out?
NBC News stated tonight that the Republican candidate will have access to one of the busses,once a candidate is named and assigned SS protection.

I think I would have it de-bugged first.
Wonder what the carbon emissions are like . . . .
Too bad the buses were not made in the USA.
I saw that (Made in Canada)...
BUT
the Secret Service said they were retrofitted in the USA (shaking my head because I bet they could have gotten it cheaper in Mexico).....

and might I offer the 1.1 million seems way too low unless the retrofit was "donated" and that will still be cheap.

Here is a new Newell Coach for sale right now with a mid entry floorplan (minus Secret Service stuff).
http://www.newellcoach.com/inventory...php?coach=1447

$1,625,400
NBC News stated tonight that the Republican candidate will have access to one of the busses,once a candidate is named and assigned SS protection.

I think I would have it de-bugged first. Originally Posted by oralee
The way you wrote this one might suspect you meant Waffen SS protection! LOL
The word on the street is that Ron Paul will make worrying about LE a thing of the past.
Just goes to show this pathetic loser is in a world of his own. Cosidering the cost can this bus fly him to martha's vineyard?
He might be a Good Sam member.
The way you wrote this one might suspect you meant Waffen SS protection! LOL Originally Posted by Rakhir
Well, like the Schutzstaffel....Obama's SS guard also operates above the law....Every Emperor had their Praetorian Guard....so why is this one any different?