so gents-and ladies too-what's your personal favorite weapon?

• pxmcc
  • 07-21-2023, 11:31 PM
so for this thread, i'm not interested in what you think is the baddest-obviously an AR-15 with a banana clip is gonna be hard to beat-or the most useful in most dicey situations-bear spray is probably the best-but rather your personal fave..

i like to sharpen all my blades to razor sharpness with my variable speed grinder with a fresh grindstone on about 2000 rpm.

for starters, i'm leaning between my titanium battle axe and this heavy garden tool, which has 3 massive prongs (for weeding etc.) and a heavy flat surface on the other side. it reminds of some of the weapons the Huron warriors used in Last of the Mohicans-one of my top 3 movies of all time.
Personal favorite is a Henry Big Boy 44 magnum lever action.
My rusty box cutter, slices & infects at the same time.
You know the old saying......never bring a knife (or garden tool, box cutter, axe, etc) to a gun fight.
My 6 shooter. But given my age I’m lucky to squeeze off 2 shots in one day and sometimes 1-2 shots in 4 to 5 days.

I keep it lubed and ready at all times.

Conserving your weapon is simply the process of stopping any existing corrosion or rust in progress, properly treating the surfaces, and maintaining the gun in working order (if it already is to begin with), to keep what value and utility it has. We aren’t refinishing any surfaces. We may not even choose to repair a non-functioning 6-shooter if it’s a true antique or heirloom and may not be safe or desirable to fire.
WW2 era Lee Enfield #4 Mark 1 T with a 3.5 scope that ranged to 1,000 yards.
A cousin has that now, it's a collector's item.
A few decades ago I collected wolf bounties with that at more than two football fields up in that northern frozen country.

My personal carry is a Colt 45ACP 1911A1
Yeah it's getting to be a museum piece. But I have a handful of fat clips and when I practice the rest of the line usually goes quiet.
Nobody is allowed to touch it, especially Glock owners. Btw, the trigger assembly on Glocks suck.

To stop ECG from asking about trying the 1911, I bought her a matched pair of Colt 38 Specials (Model 10) with custom handle grips, about a week after a couple of the KC gals took her shopping for cowgirl outfits cause she wanted to go along to horse shows (and keep me out of trouble). BTW, same that my ex has which hacked off the ex. ECG has good target scores.

The 1911 is locked up. The 38s we keep in the nightstands on each side of the bed.
It was my duty weapon and sits in the nightstand in a place of honor.
Beretta 92FS Centurion
My right fist
Sarcasm.
My brain is my go to weapon. Works every time. You guys bragging about guns, just let you'll ever have to go to the penitentiary you'll would literally shit in your drawers everyday.
I have 3 EDc's:
Ruger Max 9 with ReadyDot optic
Sig Saur P365X micro compact
Stoeger STR-9c

All 9mm, all very accurate and all of them will run like a cheetah.

Where as a 45 has that "WUMP" power, it is not the 1st shot that wins a gun fight.. it is the 1st ACCURATE shot. So if UC is a VERY GOOD shot with his 1911, that means on a full load out he will only need 1 shot, maybe 2.

FYI the FBI has determined that the average number of rounds used in a self defense shooting is 2-3.

I do have a TISA 1911 Commander model - its a 400 dollar 1911 and it shoots REAL well.
I drop 2 between breaths. Its been my pattern for decades.
I use the 5 circle targets so 2 at each corner with the last to the center
You know the old saying......never bring a knife (or garden tool, box cutter, axe, etc) to a gun fight. Originally Posted by majorjones
Of course I always carry my Ruger LCP (that I got from Ruger Dan in Buda years ago) in my pocket but thankfully I've never actually had to pull it out.
  • Uomo
  • 07-22-2023, 04:19 PM
My charming personalty

and occasionally my rancid gas. I still feel bad for that kid in the elevator. His mouth was open
  • pxmcc
  • 07-23-2023, 02:13 AM
wow. some great replies. so now come to find out i realize i dont know jack shit. i read UC's post and i was like, ya sure copy that UC..

my 3rd runner up is a perfectly wetted and folded rat-tail from a full-sized bath towel. i'm sure i'll eat my words eventually but so far i have never thrown up a white towel. the best are when you have a shitload of people in a single room and its every man-or woman-for hisself. my vics end up with some nasty ass red welts b4 they excuse themselves lol. my masochistic and sadistic tendencies are perfectly in balance for the sport..

any navy guys favor poseidon's trident?