highway car breakdown

This has never happened to me. What do most people do when they are on the highway on a car trip, and the car breaks down....and can't be immediately repaired ?
Keep a premium membership with AAA for everyone in my family, new cars or not it’s worth the cost of membership. Covers running out of gas, changing a tire, towing, keys locked in car and rental car.
Keep a premium membership with AAA for everyone in my family, new cars or not it’s worth the cost of membership. Covers running out of gas, changing a tire, towing, keys locked in car and rental car. Originally Posted by Hunteradventurer

This.
I've even used mine twice for friends. They will cover it if you are with them.
This has never happened to me. What do most people do when they are on the highway on a car trip, and the car breaks down....and can't be immediately repaired ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
That's when you find out who your friends are.
If your a Premier AAA membership they offer upto $1500 in hotel cost for mechanical failure.
I have heard if you have an RV and break down on the highway, get ready to empty your wallet for towing and other costs.
I have heard if you have an RV and break down on the highway, get ready to empty your wallet for towing and other costs. Originally Posted by VitaMan
AAA also has an add on to the Premier and Plus membership to cover towing for RV's.

However, I would choose the Good Sam over AAA as it offers more.
Happened in Florida 10 years ago. Vehicle in front lost bumper or metal object on road. Ruined my radiator. State trooper was very helpful and stayed the whole time. Called Allstate and they had a wrecker arrive in less than 30 minutes. Got towed 10 miles to a Nissan dealership, put my keys in an envelope, thru the key slot with information. Called the next morning and Nissan had me on the road that afternoon by 1:00 PM. Had relatives living in Gainseville, so stayed with them.